• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    What an awesome opportunity. Enjoy and the best for safe return.

I'm really looking forward to it. It is getting close! I've pretty much got what I need. We're going to have one more conference call with our outfitter just to double check our passports and gun paperwork, just to be thorough.

I've already had most vaccinations I need, but I'm getting one for Typhoid next week. The CDC recommends that one for SA.

I also purchased a Tilley hat, so I'm stylin! :rockwoot:

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    I'm really looking forward to it. It is getting close! I've pretty much got what I need. We're going to have one more conference call with our outfitter just to double check our passports and gun paperwork, just to be thorough.

I've already had most vaccinations I need, but I'm getting one for Typhoid next week. The CDC recommends that one for SA.

I also purchased a Tilley hat, so I'm stylin! :rockwoot:

I wouldn't worry too much about all of the CDC recommended vaccines. I had only been vaccinated against hepatitis before traveling to SE Asia or China. I didn't feel the need to have half-dozen shots before leaving.

I've spent ~8 months in various third world Asian countries in the last three years and haven't caught an illness yet.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I wouldn't worry too much about all of the CDC recommended vaccines. I had only been vaccinated against hepatitis before traveling to SE Asia or China. I didn't feel the need to have half-dozen shots before leaving.

I've spent ~8 months in various third world Asian countries in the last three years and haven't caught an illness yet.

I would want a malaria vaccine.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg

I already had tetanus and Hepatitis A + B vaccines, primarily because of my job, so really, the only thing I'm having to add is typhoid.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    There will be LOTS of pics. Hopefully, not of me getting gored by a cape buffalo, or something like that!

I'm still looking for someone who has suggestions for where to go and what to do in Frankfurt during our long layover. I'll be looking for some cuban cigars, for one thing.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Liftoff is 12:00 today! I'm hooking up with the group in Houston, then it is off to London in a brand new 787. We've got 2 hours there, and then off to Frankfurt, where we've got about 9 hours. Then we go straight down the length of Africa to J-Burg. I'll spend about 24 hours or so flying. We're on an Airbus A380 most of the trip. I can't wait to fly on that hog!

I'll be posting pics upon my return, along with what hopefully are a couple of fun stories.

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Got a gemsbuck today! Internet is slow and spotty, so we'll see if I can post pics. Weather is perfect and we've seen almost no bugs. We ate eland fillets on the grill last night. They were outstanding!

Btw, Castle Lager is good stuff!

Last edited:
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Stalked zebras and three white blesbucks, but couldn't get a good shot. We saw two HUGE warthogs, but they were running full speed. Great day todAyers. We'll be at it again in the morning.

Top Bottom