• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Given their recent unhappy memories of the Japanese when they had the whip hand, I think a lot of Asia might have difficulty choosing between China and Japan

Recent? I'm not the smartest guy, but wasn't that almost a century ago? If they're too blind to see the world change around them in the last 4 generations, then may their chains rest lightly.

If we sit back and do nothing while it happens, may ours rest lightly too. We deserve them.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Dave chapelle was talking about aids and monkeys so I’ll replace some things to make it relevant, but if you’re getting with a camel and Tuesday, you’re not calling sharanda on Thursday.

Fortunately I gave up my crippling Camel related addiction...

You should give up the puffing too...

1629425085896.png

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    There's a practical aspect to that for a nation that wants to maintain a group of combat hardened soldiers.

It's free experience for them in a war that doesn't threaten our national security.
    I don't agree with doing it, but I can see why it'd be desirable.

I'd say it's even more desirable for companies that sell ammo, vehicles, drones, high tech surveillance systems, and all the contractors who maintain the equipment and facilities there. It's an endless flow of income to them.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Exactly! We should never take on rebuilding and winning hearts and minds. We should kill our enemies and if they run and hide that's good too. Then leave the country. If they start crap again go over take out the enemies and leave. No rebuilding or reimbursement to our enemies.

Yep, the idea that we can impose universal schools, equal rights, and effective government on a country that wants none of that is absurd.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Apparently the US feels they have some kind of "deal" with the Taliban - we pay you money, and you let our people pass, but we're not allowed to leave the Airport? How does _that_ work? Who is going to control the waves of Taliban "me too" participants showing up in Kabul from the 4 corners of the Earth? Who is going to make them honor the deal?

The US position will be, "Call an Uber driver - we'll keep the light on for ya" at the airport." The planes are going to keep flying, but I suspect after a time, ridership will dwindle and it will look like an IndyGo transit bus at 2am. The people will just quit showing up, after they get picked off by random violence.

We are going to be begging the Taliban to let our people go indefinitely, like we've been begging Vietnam to do for the last 50 years.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    If you want to solve the problem in a way where the US isn't ****ed with afterwards:

YAnYRzQ.png

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Air drop a boatload of guns and two boatloads of ammo over every city and let them sort it out.

I think that there's very few citizens there who would fight for their own country without U.S. troops doing the majority of the fighting.

There were thousands of armed citizens, yet as soon as the U.S. begins its pullout, they all just hand their weapons over to the taliban and join them. That is not the action of a citizenry who is interested in fighting for their country.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    I`m sorry, I want NEITHER of them, and I just would NEVER be able to bring myself to wish we had that sniveling little anti-America, anti-freedom, condescending little twerp back in office. I seriously feel nauseated ANY time I see or hear that little son-of-a-bitch. I haven`t disliked a politician so much since slick willie. Slick willie is a filthy little man, but Hussein obama is EVIL.

From watching things unfold while Willie was in office, I came to the conclusion that the true evil in the White House cam from Hillary. She was the one who was power hungry. Willie just wanted to party with the good ol' boys and diddle the interns.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010

Seriously...can we just drop the bomb on Pakistan? Our goal in Afghanistan was to establish the much-hoped-for "Islamic Democracy." What is the closest available role model to how that might work out? Pakistan. What are the outputs of that, from our standpoint? They harbored Osama B/L for god knows how long, they support the Taliban, they harbor their leaders, they provide medical care for their fighters...it's like a Club Med for Islamic warlords for when they get tired of sleeping in caves and want to have child-sex in a place that has running water and you don't have to wipe your butt with your hand. If that's how the Islamic world does Democracy, why did we spend $2Trillion trying to create a larger version of that with more Poppies?

We act like democracy magically immunizes these places against being ignorant f*ckheads...except when it doesn't. And when it goes bad, all democracy does is turns the place into a "sovereign entity" run by corrupt cricket-playing playboys that we're not allowed to attack. Maybe we need to take a different approach. If we need to pin a name on the "desired state," let's call it the "Back Forty Model" or the "Raytheon Test Range" model of government. Instead of trying to social-experiment the place into a western neoliberal vegetable garden, allow it to remain a tribal Mad Max wasteland where we go in and prune the brush with Tomahawks every so often. Update our terrain maps every 10 years and call it good. It would be a nice, low-maintenance fly-over territory where America can deal with it in a way that we're good at. And, it's two-way-robust in that, when America inevitably decides to elect a low-IQ dunce of a chimpanzee as President every so often (eg. GW Bush or Biden), there's not enough complexity for the Chimp to mess it up. I would gladly present this idea at Davos...

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Won't happen. She's already said, "They aren't going to pin this on me." She's not going to take this on.
    This. Especially after she got burned when Biden dropped the border crisis hot potato in her lap that exposed her as an incompetent fool (rightly so)

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    From watching things unfold while Willie was in office, I came to the conclusion that the true evil in the White House cam from Hillary. She was the one who was power hungry. Willie just wanted to party with the good ol' boys and diddle the interns.
    Then it’s their problem, not ours. And if they f with us,turn them to glass, or ash.

Top Bottom