• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I don't think China has the stones to do it. The next threat after Taiwan is to Japan and South Korea and there's a whole bunch of bad things that will happen if it goes that far. China expanding their presence in the region by way of full-on invasion will likely provoke WW3, even if we're not there to participate.

And who's going to oppose China?

The US won't.
    Europe won't.
    Russia won't.

The only power that may oppose them is India, and they're already in a multifront light war.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    Do you think it's about energizing the base? No lol.

It's about them putting in the most undesirable and disgusting person humanly possible who would never win an election.

Their electorate is too lazy to vote if they're not excited about the candidate or loathe the incumbent. Putting Blinken or Leahy on the ballot will be a landslide win for Republicans. Ain't nobody got time to cast that ballot. That's one of the reasons they want you to be able to Tweet, fart, or just imply your vote and for weeks on end.

Could you imagine? AOC? Holy ****!

They don’t care about energizing the base. They don’t have to. They have power of every branch, plus colleges, public schools, sports, news, Hollywood, etc. They don’t even need votes now, now they can just tell you who “won” and what can you do about it?

Unfortunately, I think I'm going to live long enough that I'm not going to have to imagine it.

This thing has been off of the rails for 40 years already from illegal immigration and it's not coming back. They don't need to cheat now to win. We've been letting them do it since I was born. When Texas becomes a blue state it's going to be official. I also keep seeing articles popping up everywhere about low cost of living states with Indiana (one of the last mostly reliable red states) almost always topping the list. These are also always articles about people relocating now that they can work remotely. It's not going to be long before every fruit and nut from California and New York is living in Evansville.

I'm trying to buy some land and some fencing. That's my future political plan.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    And who's going to oppose China?

The US won't.
    Europe won't.
    Russia won't.

The only power that may oppose them is India, and they're already in a multifront light war.

Pretty sure I said Japan and South Korea... and we have a s-ton of military in Japan and South Korea. So, like it or not, we'll be entering WW3 if China invades Taiwan. If all of Asia sits on its hands, then we all deserve what we're about to get.

Just my opinion, of course.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    Pretty sure I said Japan and South Korea... and we have a s-ton of military in Japan and South Korea. So, like it or not, we'll be entering WW3 if China invades Taiwan. If all of Asia sits on its hands, then we all deserve what we're about to get.

Do you think Japan would defend Taiwan? I’m not sure America would, with Biden at the wheel.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville

It's an economic issue. Almost all trade goes through Chinese ran ports. Most nations rely on chinese imports for their goods and services.

If anyone acted openly aggressive to china's goals, they can simply flip the switch, and continue feeding their economy off the rest of the countries that remain loyal to them, as their enemy's economy dies and they fade into irrelevance.

peterock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 96.2%
    25   1   0
    Jun 24, 2008
    Indianapolis
    You don't have to literally blow it up to render it junk. Part of my training as a Combat Engineer was how to disable vehicles, including tanks, with minimal explosives. Sort of like scuttling for ships. There are even devices specifically made for this. They function much like a grenade (pull pin, let spoon fly, wait) but instead of blowing up they burn incredibly hot from the bottom and make a one use acetylene torch. Put one on the hood, pull the pin, step back, and it will burn through the hood and most of the engine block before it burns out.
    This is thermite correct?

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    It's an economic issue. Almost all trade goes through Chinese ran ports. Most nations rely on chinese imports for their goods and services.

If anyone acted openly aggressive to china's goals, they can simply flip the switch, and continue feeding their economy off the rest of the countries that remain loyal to them, as their enemy's economy dies and they fade into irrelevance.

The Japanese managed to wage one hell of a lot of warfare with no supply chain of their own, and that was 80 years ago. Weirdly, it seems like we got self selected into WW2 because we wouldn't supply them. Huh... It would be a shame if China did the same thing while also acting openly hostile toward them, like expanding their land border about 100 miles closer to Okinawa, or closing the gap by more than half.

Like I said, if all of Asia just sat back and let it happen, then the entire world deserves it. If we are such pu****s then someone probably should lead us around at gun point just so we don't hurt ourselves on accident.

Do you think Japan would defend Taiwan? I’m not sure America would, with Biden at the wheel.

Defend is a strong word, but I believe they'd be pulled into the fighting before China could get the job done and that would mean we would also be pulled into the fighting. As I said above, if everyone just watched and clapped as China did it, then we deserve it.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    The Japanese managed to wage one hell of a lot of warfare with no supply chain of their own, and that was 80 years ago. Weirdly, it seems like we got self selected into WW2 because we wouldn't supply them. Huh... It would be a shame if China did the same thing while also acting openly hostile toward them, like expanding their land border about 100 miles closer to Okinawa, or closing the gap by more than half.

Like I said, if all of Asia just sat back and let it happen, then the entire world deserves it. If we are such pu****s then someone probably should lead us around at gun point just so we don't hurt ourselves on accident.

It's my personal opinion based on observation, that china has already won ww3 and people haven't realized it yet.

Once they started controlling power grids and ports in europe, it should have been a wakeup call to people that nobody is going to resist them.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    It's my personal opinion based on observation, that china has already won ww3 and people haven't realized it yet.

Once they started controlling power grids and ports in europe, it should have been a wakeup call to people that nobody is going to resist them.

I'm in a weird place right now because normally I'm the black pilled one, but I think Covid has opened enough people's (and businesses) eyes to single sourcing from China that the world is going to end up pulling back from them. We're almost 2 years in and still suffering from it with another flu season a couple of months away.

Plus, if you're talking all-out war, the US is far and away China's biggest customer. Unless we literally volunteer for the gulags, as soon as China starts a military global invasion, their cash cow is going to end up shut off. I honestly cannot fathom, even in this timeline's media, a spin doctoring job that would make even the most die hard anti-America idiots in this country just sit back and cheer as China swept through Asia and Europe killing everybody. I also don't see Russia just sitting back while they do it.

I do agree that economically we're screwed, but there's a difference between the Faustian bargains of the Clinton years and having an AK shoved in my face. I expect to live through the economics.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    I'm in a weird place right now because normally I'm the black pilled one, but I think Covid has opened enough people's (and businesses) eyes to single sourcing from China that the world is going to end up pulling back from them. We're almost 2 years in and still suffering from it with another flu season a couple of months away.

Plus, if you're talking all-out war, the US is far and away China's biggest customer. Unless we literally volunteer for the gulags, as soon as China starts a military global invasion, their cash cow is going to end up shut off. I honestly cannot fathom, even in this timeline's media, a spin doctoring job that would make even the most die hard anti-America idiots in this country just sit back and cheer as China swept through Asia and Europe killing everybody. I also don't see Russia just sitting back while they do it.

I do agree that economically we're screwed, but there's a difference between the Faustian bargains of the Clinton years and having an AK shoved in my face. I expect to live through the economics.

They wouldn't sweep through killing everyone.

They'd basically present a choice, bow or die economically. If they die economically, china will be right there to offer them the loans and assistance to get back up and running.

They're too clever for straight up military conflict, except for in Taiwan.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    They wouldn't sweep through killing everyone.

They'd basically present a choice, bow or die economically. If they die economically, china will be right there to offer them the loans and assistance to get back up and running.

They're too clever for straight up military conflict, except for in Taiwan.

Seems like that's the same thing the German's were trying to sell. The trouble is with those darned "free" people who just don't want to bow. I suppose the Chinese have the patience for waiting out tiny little countries until they all starve to death. Either way, heaps of dead people.

I agree with your last sentance, except for in Taiwan, because it would be the start of a military conflict version of WW3. I think at this point we just have to agree to disagree. Either they invade or they don't. My bet is on no invasion. We'll see.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

Given their recent unhappy memories of the Japanese when they had the whip hand, I think a lot of Asia might have difficulty choosing between China and Japan

Top Bottom