• KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    At least in the gulf, that's the cultural equivalent of Abdullah Jr. The second one means it was also his father's name. I assume it's the same there.
    Like Gunnar Gunnarson in Iceland, makes sense. I’d still go with one name.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    All these planes in the air. If Iran decided to get involved right now it would be catastrophic.

And for those who haven’t had the delight of visiting Kuwait’s it houses the Ammo points that supply much of the middle Eastern operations. Prior to the shutdown of the Afghan bases they had their own ammo points there.

long story short:no stop in Kuwait, no drawing ammo and no time to pack mags.

best case is that their load out go put on one of the planes that already left and then they have to actually pass out and load mags when they get boots on ground.

worst case scenario; the boys that drew ammo in Kuwait and loaded mags will have to share.

Benghazi x1000

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Over the age of 15? Wow, they really have become more civilized!

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    At least in the gulf, that's the cultural equivalent of Abdullah Jr. The second one means it was also his father's name. I assume it's the same there.
    So they no longer carry the families last name? Or is this just the name they “go by” but their legal name would be “Abdullah Lastname”? Interesting.

Hatin Since 87

Bacon Hater
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2018
    Mooresville
    So if there was an Abdullah the 4th, or Gunnar the 4th, they'd be Abdullah Abdullah Abdullah Abdullah and Gunnar Gunnarson Gunnarsonsson Gunnarsssonsonson?
    The last one I don’t think is right. I believe they’re taking the first name, so it’d be Gunnar Gunnar Gunnar Gunnar if I’m understanding correctly. Which, I’ll admit, is a pretty bad ass name.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    The last one I don’t think is right. I believe they’re taking the first name, so it’d be Gunnar Gunnar Gunnar Gunnar if I’m understanding correctly. Which, I’ll admit, is a pretty bad ass name.
    No, read Kelly's original post. The Gunnar Gunnarson name means Gunnar, Gunnar's son. It's an Icelandic thing... y'all wouldn't understand. :p

Edit: I do think there may be too many, or misplaced s's in there, but I kept confusing myself when I went back to edit it, so I said screw it and left it as it was. :):

Last edited:

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    This is the end of locals helping us in any foreign entanglements. Anyone who hears around the world how we left the terps to the wolves is gonna think twice about taking that job.
    If only there weren't going to be any more foreign entanglements...

I don't think anyone is going to hesitate to belly up to the USA bar and take the free drinks. You may be right about the locals, but it won't stop the ones in charge. These things aren't made to be won or lost. But the outcome is the same either way.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Many of the Anti-Soviet Mujahideen warlords we funded during the Soviet invasion turned into the Taliban shortly after Soviet withdrawal. They still consider themselves "Mujahideen"
    Been thinking of something since you posted this. The Soviets invaded in 79, bugged out in early 89. SO that was 32-42 years ago. These guys are still alive?

Top Bottom