• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Settle down it's all going to be OK......

bidet @ 1:25: "this is not the same, there is going to be no circumstance where you see this!!!"

6118d065c040ad0018ce5de8

amex27ldv-vid-embassy3_CBSNews_T3_withcredit.jpg

NOT AT ALL COMPARABLE.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    You'd rather have Biden than Obama?

My post was in response to Obama 2.0.

Biden is not more of the same to me, he's much worse.
    I`m sorry, I want NEITHER of them, and I just would NEVER be able to bring myself to wish we had that sniveling little anti-America, anti-freedom, condescending little twerp back in office. I seriously feel nauseated ANY time I see or hear that little son-of-a-bitch. I haven`t disliked a politician so much since slick willie. Slick willie is a filthy little man, but Hussein obama is EVIL.

Last edited:

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    I have no idea what the correct course of action might have been, and I seriously doubt Trump had any better ideas than me. However, considering that throughout his term in office there were an endless stream of articles assuring us that the professionals throughout the government and military were ignoring him to limit the damage he could do, he is the one President in the last 20 years that one can make a case had little to do with the outcome.
    Nothing to do with this is easy, that`s to be sure. But, every president has advisors, and their advisors generally lean the same way as the Administration does. It`s just my humble opinion, but liberals are insane. I have never agreed 100% with everything any conservative Administration has done, but at least they usually act within an acceptable set of core guidelines.
    Even Hussein obama knew what an imbecile biden is, he said something to the effect of: "I`ve not found the thing that joe couldn`t screw up".

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    20 years, countless lives and a boatload of dollars up in smoke in a matter of a few days. Well done.
    Waiting for TUS to tell us that the Taliban (indeed the world) impression of Biden as a weak, vacillating senile old man had nothing to do with this and the same thing would have happened if Trump was still in charge :rolleyes:

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    We built these people a huge 335 electric power plant and it supplies Kubal. They are so behind the times they only use about 1% of the energy it can produce, we also spent 100 million upgrading another plant that was already there. This is all going to the taliban.

We've built them new hospitals and furnished them as well as rebuilt older ones. All going to the taliban.

State of the art water plants.
    The list goes on and on.

Point is very few people over there appreciate what we gave them. They would rather live like they did in the 1700's.
    Which is why we need a President and Congress who takes care of this Nation first, and worries about other nations last. Foreign entanglements should be relegated to those who are truly a positive symbiotic relationship, or a clear and present danger. If it's the latter, you get in kill what needs to be killed, and get out. "Nation building" is always a loser!

erasure

komm süßer tod
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2020
    merrrerrrmrerrerverre
    guys guys it's all good, what's everybody complaining about?

Blinken says Afghanistan mission ‘successful,’ rejects Kabul-Saigon comparison​

US Secretary of State Antony Blinken rejects comparisons between Washington’s Kabul pullout and the chaotic American departure from Saigon, Vietnam, in 1975.
    “This is not Saigon,” he tells ABC. “The fact of the matter is this: We went to Afghanistan 20 years ago with one mission in mind. That was to deal with the people that attacked us on 9/11. That mission has been successful.”

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Waiting for TUS to tell us that the Taliban (indeed the world) impression of Biden as a weak, vacillating senile old man had nothing to do with this and the same thing would have happened if Trump was still in charge :rolleyes:
    Trump was gonna pull out on the same timeline. Do wonder why you keep bring Trump into the conversation though. Almost like an obsession.

The same thing would have happened if Trump was in charge, perhaps on a one or two month delay.

Wondering if you honestly think the Afgan gov't would have maintained control of the country if Trump had been reelected? Most people I know thought it would collapse as soon as we pulled out, give or take a month or two, when the time table was originally announced. I don't know of anyone that thought they had a chance.

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Air drop a boatload of guns and two boatloads of ammo over every city and let them sort it out.
    Might as well just airdrop directly to the Taliban and cut out the middle man. The ANA are showing zero initiative to defend 21st Century living. We've been trying to teach the AFG folks how to fish with the best tackle out there for 2 decades and all they've exhibited is a willingness to cut bait. At this point, I hope they enjoy their return to a medieval lifestyle and if they don't, may their death be quick. I'll be spending a few days visiting the graves of a few soldiers who died there, trying to convince myself that their sacrifice was worth the opportunity that AFG citizens were given to have a better life and squandered ASAP.

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Former 11B from the 80's.....didn't like the idea of being over there for that long, knew in my heart it would never change things, felt sick for all the guys fighting it. My son then decided he wanted to join and go....we had a talk and then later he decided not to join. His reason at the time was it was stupid, if the enemy was shooting at you then put his gun down you couldn't engage and shoot, I remember that nonsense and glad my son didn't go. This wasn't a war, war is when you kill everything and everyone need to be killed and yes even sometime the innocent, take over completely. America doesn't have "wars" anymore....just police actions with lots of rules. I think Trump would of handled it different, but only to the extent that the Taliban would of only waited until we were all the way out, then same results. These people had 20 years to train every man woman and child to carry a AK and fight to the death against the Taliban. They didn't and it was never up to us to make them do what they don't want, lost cause before it ever started. But hey the politicians made their $$$ under the table.
    ^^^ QFT ^^^

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Which is why we need a President and Congress who takes care of this Nation first, and worries about other nations last. Foreign entanglements should be relegated to those who are truly a positive symbiotic relationship, or a clear and present danger. If it's the latter, you get in kill what needs to be killed, and get out. "Nation building" is always a loser!
    We don`t live in a vacuum. It could be argued that had certain issues been dealt with earlier, World Wars 1 & 2 might have been avoided. The same argument could be made for the horrific attacks on America on September 11, 2001. Unfortunately as the world`s leader, and the nation with the most wealth and resources, the United States must be involved globally and there is a financial cost to bear as well as a cost in lives. We can`t appease everyone and make them like us, but we can do what`s right and proper regardless of what anyone else thinks about us.

rooster

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Embassy and the airport under attack and taking fire. Not good. My guess is some paratroopers from the 82nd who have dreamed their whole life about doing a combat jump will get their chance tonight

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    You know, Einstein proved simultaneity was an illusion. That correlation/causation thing is in play there
    Not sure I understand you.
    Are you trying to say that the pipeline route refusal was only coincidental to going to war in Afghanistan?

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Embassy and the airport under attack and taking fire. Not good. My guess is some paratroopers from the 82nd who have dreamed their whole life about doing a combat jump will get their chance tonight

Might as well just blow the embassy now and let those folks reenact the Mogadishu Mile. We are allegedly begging Taliban not to burn the embassy. Time for us to control that structure’s destiny.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

What?

Did they not get Obiden's "let's talk" plea?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jojo99
    Top Bottom