• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    186   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    It is unfortunate, I have had stellar experiences with A&E. Had great experiences with SG Ammo as well.

I have family that lives a few miles from SG Ammo in Stillwater. They do no local sales at all, online only.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    When the switch from M16A1 with a 1:12 and the A2 with a 1:7 happened. Units would get M855 and shoot it in the A1 it keyholes at 25 yards.
    My 700 223 PSS is a 1-12 it loves lead core up to 65 grains. Load some SS109 62 grain steel cores in it and it will do the same thing. Long ago I forgot it still was a varmint cartridge then. At 100 it will have a 20' group.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Not sure what I'm doing this weekend, but fairly certain it doesn't include driving 110 miles round trip to buy $2600 worth of ammo without calling the store to see if it's in stock, instead of getting free shipping to my door. And then paying a lot more for the same order and having to get it shipped anyway.

View attachment 374991
    That tends to happen when you make decisions when you're angry

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I've had this happen to me when I wanted to physically inspect an item, found a store showing inventory, and then got to the store and their stock was gone due to online orders.

I've had this happen to customers a few times. They get mad, but I don't know what I'm supposed to do about it. If I know what they are coming for I'll pull one, but if they are just coming to browse, I'm not shutting down the site incase they want something.

Gingerbeardman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2017
    Anderson
    It's me, I need it.

Also, I have a .223 bolt action I know nothing about, haven't checked the twist rate, but I took several weights to the range and the heavier the bullet the better it shot, I didn't have anything heavier than 79 grain. I think I had 55,62,69, 74 and 79. It's been a few years but one target was so nice I hung it up in the garage.

DDadams

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 17, 2014
    North Indy
    I've never been to AE Ammo, but with free shipping on orders over $250, why not just have it shipped?

Why buy a new in box never fired 1911 off a member of INGO when the FFL has it for the same exact price after tax/transfer etc?

Some of us just want to pay cash and not have records of our purchases.

A friend of a friend heard a story about a really paranoid guy who may use this site who only shops for ammo at stores this way and will only go to places that are like AE or Marksman in Westfield where they're located in strips with other businesses. That way he can park at a different business and leave his tracking device (his phone) in his car while he walks to the gun shop.

It's not fool-proof but it sure beats online sales.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Why buy a new in box never fired 1911 off a member of INGO when the FFL has it for the same exact price after tax/transfer etc?
    I wasn't aware you needed to fill out a 4473 to buy ammo? Buying ammo online with a credit card is not equal to buying a gun via a FFL and completing a 4473...
    Some of us just want to pay cash and not have records of our purchases.
    Yet those same people are likely on INGO on their own devices which can be traced to them, even listing many items for sale...

Hell, there's even this thread here (likely started by the AFT since the OP hasn't logged back in since shortly after starting the thread)...

A friend of a friend heard a story about a really paranoid guy who may use this site who only shops for ammo at stores this way and will only go to places that are like AE or Marksman in Westfield where they're located in strips with other businesses. That way he can park at a different business and leave his tracking device (his phone) in his car while he walks to the gun shop.

It's not fool-proof but it sure beats online sales.
    That's a pretty good method as you can't trace the cell phone ping to any specific store.

However, you'd think if you're going to go that far, you'd call to make sure they have enough stock on hand (or wait while they transfer the inventory)...

Last edited:

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    That's a pretty good method as you can't trace the cell phone ping to any specific store.

However, you'd think if you're going to go that far, you'd call to make sure they have enough stock on hand (or wait while they transfer the inventory)...
    Does one need to make the phone call from a burner phone then to keep up that level of clandestine ammo purchase? Asking for a friend. :shady:

Top Bottom