• ...and so much more!
  • DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    yeah that’s true but why run a website with quantity in stock if at the end of the day you run a store front that doesn’t stock the ammo you say you carry. A store front is a redundancy and a waste of money if you could just take orders by phone or online.
    That's just the nature of that type of business. As was mentioned earlier, a phone call (or an online order for pickup at the store) would've solved the problem. Sorry you went through it, but I wouldn't write them off for that. It wasn't that they didn't have it in stock. It was that they didn't have it on hand at the store front location.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    SG is great but their pricing isn't as good as it used to be. I still use them, their packaging is discreet and never arrives damaged, unlike other vendors (not AE) who just slap a UPS label on the case and off it goes...
    Not always. My last order of 223 from SG showed up at my office (adult sig) not in overpack. Luckily my recieving area isnt far from my office and the warehouse guy didnt have to cart the blatant ammo through the office. Not that it was a huge deal as my company isnt anti gun.

racegunz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 6, 2015
    Indiana
    So I should call Walmart and Kroger before I drive 15 miles to see if they have the bread and milk I need?

The internet cured the old saying,
    Let your Fingers do the Walking.
    not yet…… maybe by next year.
    Hey Op did AE offer to get it for you when you found they were out of stock at the store front? If it was my business I’d send a runner to get while you had a coke on me.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Not always. My last order of 223 from SG showed up at my office (adult sig) not in overpack. Luckily my recieving area isnt far from my office and the warehouse guy didnt have to cart the blatant ammo through the office. Not that it was a huge deal as my company isnt anti gun.
    As much as they tout it, I'd have let them know...

Screenshot_20240822_191457_Email.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    You may prefer it, but SG will ship without a signature required. Or at least they used to. They've always shipped to my home that way.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    “IF” they ran their business correctly there would be no need to call….. anyone who has ever dealt with me has always gotten exactly what I told them/showed them... I just can’t imagine running a walk in store and not carrying what you advertise you carry and say you have.
    I don't have a dog in this fight, but just to be clear, did the website anywhere indicate or advertise that the numbers listed in stock were in stock at the walk in store? Or was that just an assumption on your part?

In my experience, many, if not the vast majority, of stores that do large volumes in online sales alongside a physical storefront have a warehouse (or multiple ones) where they store stock aside from their walk in storefront. I don't see why you seem to think doing this constitutes not running their business "correctly." Unless the website actually claimed the items were in stock at the particular location you went to, then it's not accurate to say that they were not carrying what they advertised; you simply made an incorrect assumption.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    As much as they tout it, I'd have let them know...

View attachment 374924

Meh. No big deal. That case of ammo wasnt harmful to me in my case. Just saying they dont ALWAYS double box. Though the half case of defensive 223 was discretely packaged.
    You may prefer it, but SG will ship without a signature required. Or at least they used to. They've always shipped to my home that way.
    Not with the porch pirates in my AO.

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    144   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    I guess I was wrong to assume that they would actually carry the ammo they advertise as in stock in their store. Silly of me!!! Not a problem I’ve dealt with SG for years and have never had an issue with them. I like their bulk pricing as I buy bulk…. Not a box or two. I had heard good things on here about AE so thought I’d give it a try and it turned out poor. Hopefully your experience will not mirror mine. As far as my buying ammo…. I work a ridiculous amount of hours. I choose to spend money on ammo so I have it when I need it. It’s a luxury I guess that I afford myself.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Meh. No big deal. That case of ammo wasnt harmful to me in my case. Just saying they dont ALWAYS double box. Though the half case of defensive 223 was discretely packaged.
    I'd have let them know. I've used them for years without a problem, but if I wanted it shipped in the original case with just a label slapped on it, I could save a few bucks and go with a cheaper vendor. SG's prices aren't what they used to be, but I'll pay a bit more for the consistency.

Gaffer

Shhhh.......
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 12, 2016
    Southern IN
    Yeah, I've been bitten a couple of times. Their online inventory is not stored at the same location as the store inventory. They can shuffle things but takes a day or so they said. I believe you can order online and then pick up at the store (they make the items available to the store location in a day or so).

Last time I was in they said something about moving at some point and maybe the 2 locations will come together?
    It actually shows "Available in-store" using the filter. I would have taken it as they stock it in the store, kind of what available in-store means. But I am no engrish major!

1724396442788.png

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    My comment was actually a positive comment towards the OP and not you, f**king prick.

Then again that’s what I get for being positive instead of calling the OP a big f**king crybaby like he is.

Boomer s**t crying about things like this. Lame as f**k really.
    I hope this is good natured banter between 2 guys that know each other really well.

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    My comment was actually a positive comment towards the OP and not you, f**king prick.

Then again that’s what I get for being positive instead of calling the OP a big f**king crybaby like he is.

Boomer s**t crying about things like this. Lame as f**k really.
    Really, both of your posts in this thread were really unnecessary.
    Funny that Noblesniper the OP agreed with me.

Now wheres that millennial video at...

Top Bottom