• ...and so much more!
  • Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    144   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    Made a trip down to AE AMMO today after checking their website to make a very sizable purchase….
    1200 rounds Hornady Black 12g00 buck
    Showed way over that on their website… they have none!!! Was also intending on picking up 1k round of 9mm sub sonic and 300 rounds of Federal HST 124+p. Seeing as how they didn’t have the 1200 rounds of 00 buck I walked away…. A real disappointment!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_5749.jpeg
      IMG_5749.jpeg
      1.2 MB · Views: 29

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I'd be pissed off also, the other day I needed a pair of sealed ball bearings.
    So I rolled over to Muncie to pick up a pair at Applied and low and behold the door was locked and a sign that said, we no longer serve walk in's and customers without a charge account. I called and talked to the counter man and said wtf is going on? He tells me, se dont see to walk ins any longer.
    I said Your corperate offive needs to put that on your website then.

So I drive a few more miles and go to Motion to get them from them,
    They are closed and a new business is in that store, I call them and the Richmond store answers the phone and I ask him, whats the deal here?
    Your website still shows this store open.
    He says, its been closed for three years now.
    **** both of them.
    Found them at a Napa parts store for $11.00 bucks a piece.
    About a third of what the other two were going to charge me for each bearing.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Made a trip down to AE AMMO today after checking their website to make a very sizable purchase….
    1200 rounds Hornady Black 12g00 buck
    Showed way over that on their website… they have none!!! Was also intending on picking up 1k round of 9mm sub sonic and 300 rounds of Federal HST 124+p. Seeing as how they didn’t have the 1200 rounds of 00 buck I walked away…. A real disappointment!!!!
    Yeah, I've been bitten a couple of times. Their online inventory is not stored at the same location as the store inventory. They can shuffle things but takes a day or so they said. I believe you can order online and then pick up at the store (they make the items available to the store location in a day or so).

Last time I was in they said something about moving at some point and maybe the 2 locations will come together?

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    Yeah, I've been bitten a couple of times. Their online inventory is not stored at the same location as the store inventory. They can shuffle things but takes a day or so they said. I believe you can order online and then pick up at the store (they make the items available to the store location in a day or so).

Last time I was in they said something about moving at some point and maybe the 2 locations will come together?
    This. They don't make this fact widely known but this is the case.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T
    I'd be pissed off also, the other day I needed a pair of sealed ball bearings.
    So I rolled over to Muncie to pick up a pair at Applied and low and behold the door was locked and a sign that said, we no longer serve walk in's and customers without a charge account. I called and talked to the counter man and said wtf is going on? He tells me, se dont see to walk ins any longer.
    I said Your corperate offive needs to put that on your website then.

So I drive a few more miles and go to Motion to get them from them,
    They are closed and a new business is in that store, I call them and the Richmond store answers the phone and I ask him, whats the deal here?
    Your website still shows this store open.
    He says, its been closed for three years now.
    **** both of them.
    Found them at a Napa parts store for $11.00 bucks a piece.
    About a third of what the other two were going to charge me for each bearing.
    This is the only problem with online businesses of any sort. Even the big guys struggle with it, sometimes.

Accurate inventory numbers making it from the inventory system to the website can be quite fun, if you ever had to deal with it. API failed, synch did not run, "try it now" etc.

Some businesses just don't get it. Using twitter and FB doesn't make someone "technical". But that is usually the person in charge of the website for many small businesses.

AE always took care of me. That said, if I am gonna drive more than 15 minutes to buy something, I usually call ahead. But my friends tell me I have trust issues. :):

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    Well most places of business that say they have something they have it. Not off site. I tried to give a local guy my business and they weren’t a quantity seller. Yeah……well they missed out on a $2600 sale and I will never go thru their door again!! Time wasters….
    A phone call would've fixed this issue. Even if you are only a few minutes away, regardless of the quantity they show online, it could sell out before you get there.

I've had this happen to me when I wanted to physically inspect an item, found a store showing inventory, and then got to the store and their stock was gone due to online orders.

I've dealt with AE Ammo multiple times with zero issues.

pmbiker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    Corn & Bean
    I've only ordered online and have always been happy with my experience. Put together a $250+ order, pay the man and my box arrives @2 days later.

Sucks that this was your experience, but I too would call ahead before driving somewhere for an order of that magnitude.

BR8818

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Nov 20, 2018
    Anderson
    I've had this kind of thing happen to me alot lately. Just the other day I drove to Hamilton town center to pickup dog food 20mi away because it was $30 off. I even called before hand, and when I got there they had sign on the door saying they had to close because "the system is down".

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    That's a shame. It's not entirely uncommon for some businesses to run their website sales and their local sales as somewhat separate operations.

I have no dog in this fight, but I'd give them another chance, now that you know how they handle their operations. They have been a quality vendor for me, but it's ultimately your $$.

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    According to ammoseek, AE sells that 12ga buck for 150cpr, and SG sells it for 159cpr. Both ship free. You could've still saved $108 ordering it online from AE. Of course, an outfit called Ammo Hero sells it for 137cpr. Also ships free. I guess you showed AE by overpaying $264 for that buckshot.

Last edited:

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Some people like to pay cash in person for some stuff.
    But you're typing that on an electronic device on INGO. And that same person who's paying for ammo in cash likely drove a car with GPS and has a cell phone in their pocket (not in a Faraday bag).

Buy it by the case online and move on. I have a brother in a state where you can't buy ammo online and he is jealous...
    Live and learn…… getting my order together at SG AMMO…… adding 2K rounds of 75gr 5.56 to it as well while I’m there :)
    SG is great but their pricing isn't as good as it used to be. I still use them, their packaging is discreet and never arrives damaged, unlike other vendors (not AE) who just slap a UPS label on the case and off it goes...

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well most places of business that say they have something they have it. Not off site. I tried to give a local guy my business and they weren’t a quantity seller. Yeah……well they missed out on a $2600 sale and I will never go thru their door again!! Time wasters….
    Funny what a simple phone call to check might have done...

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    144   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    “IF” they ran their business correctly there would be no need to call….. anyone who has ever dealt with me has always gotten exactly what I told them/showed them. Time is a valuable commodity…. I gave them a chance and they failed. I dislike ordering ammo in bulk as my wife is not in the best of health and most generally when it’s delivered I’m at work so she does her best to get it in. I figured I’d give a forum advertiser my cash but that was not to be. I just can’t imagine running a walk in store and not carrying what you advertise you carry and say you have. It’s not like they only had six boxes on the shelf they had ZERO!!! Prolly be a nice place to swing by for a few boxes of ammo but that’s all I can see.

Noble Sniper

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    144   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    Anderson, Indiana
    Funny what a simple phone call to check might have done...
    yeah that’s true but why run a website with quantity in stock if at the end of the day you run a store front that doesn’t stock the ammo you say you carry. A store front is a redundancy and a waste of money if you could just take orders by phone or online.

Top Bottom