• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedneckReject

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I am responsible IF I put my defenseless child in a position to be attacked. What kind of parent would I be IF I didn't protect my defenseless child. Yea, that's my reasoning.

Of course you want to protect your child. That's part of being a good parent. The problem is you can't be with your kids every second of every day. While I truly hope you never have to go through that, I'm willing to bet that if your kid was walking down the street and was attacked by someone's dog you would be singing a different tune. Unless you're dropping your child into a backyard filled with vicious, bloodthirsty (insert dog breed here) then I don't see you really putting your child into a "position to be attacked". Things happen, unfortunately. A lot of times they aren't anyone's fault. But you can bet that if I owned a dog that got loose and attacked someone I would step up and do my best to make it right.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    How do you know he wasn't watching? Do you know how fast a dog can be on something? I understand the admonition to remain vigilant, but damn near every one was worded to imply the OP had been severely lacking in SA.

You know....I have no idea at all what the man was doing and really do not care. I listed 6 things as food for thought. You pick one line...again...and make it into one of your patented sound bite told you so's.

Big freaking deal. You argue with your shadow don't you. Give it a rest.

Argue with your own shadow true statement CM. Well said.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    I could never guess why you have problems with your neighbors if you shoot dogs because you live in the country. Born and raised in the country, avid hunter, and huge dog person so this irks me. Maybe the dogs are wondering through because they are homeless. It is one thing to dispatch of them because they are a threat, but to just shoot them because they are there and not causing any trouble is just sad.

You did not read that very well. I said that they are not shot unless they are threatening my livestock or my family. If the owners are known and have been told to keep their dogs home and they fail to do so, then I either shoot them or take them to the humane society. I do not want them on my property doing damage when I am not home or harming my livestock or family members. If the dog is friendly, I put it in my truck and take it to the humane society. I have called numbers on collars, I have delivered dogs to their owners, I have called owners...I do not enjoy shooting them but will if necessary. I drove one little mutt home under my arm with a mouth full of feathers and handed it to the owner. The owner then came to my house, assessed the damage and handed me money. He told me I should have shot it because it was his wife's dog and he didn't like it. I told him to do his own dirty work. I haven't seen that one again. I do not ENJOY shooting them, but responsible dog owners do not allow them to roam freely simply because they live in the country.

I should add that they are not shot simply for wandering through my property. However, when a dog comes at me growling and refuses to leave...yep, I shot that one. I also do not have a single neighbor who is mad at me over any dogs and I have never shot anything that belongs to the idiot shooting targets that is damaging my property.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    You did not read that very well. I said that they are not shot unless they are threatening my livestock or my family. If the owners are known and have been told to keep their dogs home and they fail to do so, then I either shoot them or take them to the humane society. I do not want them on my property doing damage when I am not home or harming my livestock or family members. If the dog is friendly, I put it in my truck and take it to the humane society. I have called numbers on collars, I have delivered dogs to their owners, I have called owners...I do not enjoy shooting them but will if necessary. I drove one little mutt home under my arm with a mouth full of feathers and handed it to the owner. The owner then came to my house, assessed the damage and handed me money. He told me I should have shot it because it was his wife's dog and he didn't like it. I told him to do his own dirty work. I haven't seen that one again. I do not ENJOY shooting them, but responsible dog owners do not allow them to roam freely simply because they live in the country.

If you have ever been subjected to pack dog activity it changes your mind on how you look at a free roaming dog. If you have ever been chased by a dog in the woods it changes your mind about free roaming dogs.

A dog is no more or less than a dog. It is an animal with all the knowledge of survival. It reverts from pet to predator when outside of human intervention and running amok in the woods. It is natural for a dog to do this.

I have helped friends eliminate pack dogs from their property as they were threatening and destructive. They hold no fear of humans. Coyote will bolt when confronted.....most pack dogs will not. They chase and kill live stock and the deer/turkey/rabbit and other game.

My property is exactly that, my property. Keep your pets at bay or under control and these issues seldom if ever come up.

mom45

Momerator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2013
    NW of Sunshine
    If you have ever been subjected to pack dog activity it changes your mind on how you look at a free roaming dog. If you have ever been chased by a dog in the woods it changes your mind about free roaming dogs.

A dog is no more or less than a dog. It is an animal with all the knowledge of survival. It reverts from pet to predator when outside of human intervention and running amok in the woods. It is natural for a dog to do this.

I have helped friends eliminate pack dogs from their property as they were threatening and destructive. They hold no fear of humans. Coyote will bolt when confronted.....most pack dogs will not. They chase and kill live stock and the deer/turkey/rabbit and other game.

My property is exactly that, my property. Keep your pets at bay or under control and these issues seldom if ever come up.

:+1: Exactly!

Top Bottom