• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    The officer came and took my statement. Said that they were liable for the vet charges. $1200 bucks. Now lets see if they pay.

You know if they would of just came outside and talked to me or said anything at all to me I would of been happy to pay half of the bills. But they didnt. plus my wife went to high school with these people. so it's not like we have never met them.

Un-nerve'n ta read yer 1st post........how's the dog?.......:dunno:.........Got 6 of'em here(Yorky's).......and 4 of'em,was born here......got'a Beaglehound,an'a Retriever as well.......REAL protective of the Yorky's......as I am.....

Sorry ta hear......hope lil' guy(girl) gonna be OK........dog lover 'at I am,an' would'n never think ta harm any dog........I'm arm'd 24/7.......an' I'da sent the Husky on ta meet his maker........bad as I'd hate too.......an' yeeaaahhhh.........I'd feel like hell after......

Hope ya can recover damages from the owners.......far's all'a others harp'n on 'leash'........should'n have need'd no 'leash'.....OP's with his dog, on private property.......'nuff said.....

Husky's owner(s) are ta blame here.........not the Husky........ALL of mine here........are real social dogs.......would'n have a aggressive dog on'a place......

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Okay, just my opinion, but if you put a rat sized pet on a leash, it still aint a dog. Dogs are intelligent apex predators. What you have there is prey. You may as well walk around with a sausage at the end of your leash. Not trying to be a jerk, but the animal kingdom doesn't respect your kinda dog, and they get eaten all the time. If you are gonna have a pocket pet, you better keep it in your pocket to protect it.

Just because people have turned Yorkies into status pets, doesn't mean the breed is without its purpose. Remember, they are a Terrier breed, meant to hunt, pursue, and dispose of rodents in places large Working breeds cannot go, in thier realm of employment, they are meant to be the apex predator. Besides, the OP only said Yorkie. We really don't know whether it is a Standard or a Toy.
    I would be willing to bet that vast majority of dog owners do not employ their pets as the workers their breeding designed them to be. On top of that, no matter what breed or size, if it's trained and responds to human command over its own will , you have a pet not an apex predator.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Isnt it refreshing that you dont have to handle your own problems? You can sit back and let reliable ol' government organizations do the lifting. Sure is relaxing living in this great country.

Let me guess... you would have gone straight over, shot the dog, burned their house down and kicked their @sses just for good measure, right? :rolleyes:

Harleyrider_50

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 19, 2010
    So. Indiana
    Just because people have turned Yorkies into status pets, doesn't mean the breed is without its purpose. Remember, they are a Terrier breed, meant to hunt, pursue, and dispose of rodents in places large Working breeds cannot go, in thier realm of employment, they are meant to be the apex predator. Besides, the OP only said Yorkie. We really don't know whether it is a Standard or a Toy.
    I would be willing to bet that vast majority of dog owners do not employ their pets as the workers their breeding designed them to be. On top of that, no matter what breed or size, if it's trained and responds to human command over its own will , you have a pet not an apex predator.

At 6 lbs.......at's a 'standard' Yorky.......which's already a 'Toy' breed.......smaller 1's are 'Teacup' (an' have lot'a problems.....majority of'em.....)
    Mine go from 5-1/2 ta 9 lbs.......females be'n the larger 1's,weight-wise..............

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    1st, not a pleasant experience.
    2nd, if you knew of this dog....and I am just saying....why were you not on guard. I would have been.
    3rd, LEO should have been informed right away.
    4th, I hope you get some satisfaction/reimbursement.
    5th, Yes....giving out some pain to the owners would be gratifying on some level as they are responsible for the dog.
    6th, It is just a dog until trained not to be just a dog. Again, owners.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    At 6 lbs.......at's a 'standard' Yorky.......which's already a 'Toy' breed.......smaller 1's are 'Teacup' (an' have lot'a problems.....majority of'em.....)
    Mine go from 5-1/2 ta 9 lbs.......females be'n the larger 1's,weight-wise..............

I had one once (a hand me down from a S-I-L that couldn't take care of her) They are cute and I've seen some really smart ones, but this one was the hands down dumbest animal I've ever seen. She would wake herself when she farted, then spend 2 minutes barking at it. She ate crayons and pooped technicolor turds and could not, despite all out efforts, be house trained.
    I personally prefer mutts to purebreads, but that's me.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I had one once (a hand me down from a S-I-L that couldn't take care of her) They are cute and I've seen some really smart ones, but this one was the hands down dumbest animal I've ever seen. She would wake herself when she farted, then spend 2 minutes barking at it. She ate crayons and pooped technicolor turds and could not, despite all out efforts, be house trained.
    I personally prefer mutts to purebreads, but that's me.

We do not lean in the direction of "Yapper's" either. Just personal preference but a dog has to be 50 lb's plus to be any fun.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Police (I am guessing here) would be the better bet re: getting vet bills paid. Next step would be small claims court.
    LE can't enforce compensation that hasn't been adjudicated by a judge. Even then, I don't know that they have all that much role in enforcing it. The police can only provide evidence that the other dog was the aggressor and in the wrong.

This is the second snarky post I've read from you today, and you've only been a member 6 days.

I especially think the post above is inappropriate in light of a brother member asking for help in what has to be a very emotional time for him and his family.

Either get with the program or find another forum.

Has Streak been banned again?

Okay, just my opinion, but if you put a rat sized pet on a leash, it still aint a dog. Dogs are intelligent apex predators. What you have there is prey. You may as well walk around with a sausage at the end of your leash. Not trying to be a jerk, but the animal kingdom doesn't respect your kinda dog, and they get eaten all the time. If you are gonna have a pocket pet, you better keep it in your pocket to protect it.
    Even if this dribble had an ounce of truth, it doesn't matter.

Let me guess... you would have gone straight over, shot the dog, burned their house down and kicked their @sses just for good measure, right? :rolleyes:

The irony is that he's all for using the government to replace parents.

1st, not a pleasant experience.
    2nd, if you knew of this dog....and I am just saying....why were you not on guard. I would have been.
    3rd, LEO should have been informed right away.
    4th, I hope you get some satisfaction/reimbursement.
    5th, Yes....giving out some pain to the owners would be gratifying on some level as they are responsible for the dog.
    6th, It is just a dog until trained not to be just a dog. Again, owners.
    At what level does one have to keep vigilant to satisfy the experts on INGO?

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    PR-WLAF
    Dogs are intelligent apex predators.

Intelligent apex predators that violate my property/family will be composted.

BTW. If their dog was in violation of the leash law (assuming there is one) you can ask for punitive damages.

I had a situation like this years ago and settled for real damages, but it was a long time before my dog (a Scottie) recovered. (Wasn't carrying that day, but did thereafter on walks.) Of course the attacking golden retriever 'had never done anything like this before'. Right.

Last edited:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    The attack took place at night, so the Huskie probably came out of the dark like a lighting bolt. I use to have Huskies, they never attacked another dog unless they were attacked first...but they are sneaky. It sounds like this dog has been running loose for awhile and has claimed others property as its own, to bad nothing got done before this....I had this same problem with a neighbors rottweiler being aggressive with my wife and kids, I tried the police way and it got 0 results. So my Mossberg solved the problem.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County

I hope you remember your statement if you ever have one of your kids bullied. The way pets and children behave is a direct reflection of their parents or owners.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I feel for your little dog and hope it's alright.
    That being said....IF you know the neighbor's dog is a threat then I think I might let my situational awareness kick in and KNOW that there's a possible threat lurking and take appropriate actions before things happen?
    That predator should be restrained by the neighbors but that's all that dog knows. We must be smarter than the dogs.

Top Bottom