• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    In society's headlong rush to absolve people of any personal responsibility for their actions, almost every antisocial behavior has now been classified as a "disease".

I agree....

I think there are people other there who may require some kind of stimulant to help them focus.... but ADHD is WAY over diagnosed. They hand that diagnosis and the accompanying drugs out like candy.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    In society's headlong rush to absolve people of any personal responsibility for their actions, almost every antisocial behavior has now been classified as a "disease".

I agree....

I think there are people other there who may require some kind of stimulant to help them focus.... but ADHD is WAY over diagnosed. They hand that diagnosis and the accompanying drugs out like candy.

I believe we are on the same page. The medical model of deviance has been way overplayed for ideology and profit.

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    I thought it was fictitious until life experiences shown me otherwise.

What can I say? Couldnt focus and climbed the walls when I was in elementary school and got Fs and the occasional D. Went on Ritalin and started getting As and Bs.

At this point in life, not on drugs anymore and concentrating is difficult if there is anything else going on. So I would have to say ADHD is a real....

LOOK A SQUIRREL!

giovani

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2012
    I know it's prescription was a farce in part of my family, the mother didn't want to enforce negative punishment( smacking the boys when they needed it ) and she would threaten the father if he tried , so the went to the doctor and he was more than happy to help them dope the kids up till they were as mellow as nursing home patients.

Last edited:

newdumdum9825

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 27, 2012
    Seymour, IN
    To me Adderal seemed to help me in school

But when I started to to think if I missed my meds that day for some reason it had a placebo affect on me, the second I realized actually forgot it my concentration in class dropped. Up until that point i would be fine

Johnny C

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 18, 2009
    Solsberry , In
    I was on Ritalin in the early 70s and was the only kid in the school on it.
    Now at least 1/4 of the kids are on it.
    There are some kids that it actually helps, but it is often used to replace discipline today.

MrsGungho

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2008
    East Side
    ADHD, "Bi-polar" disorder, and a host of other nonsense, were invented by liberals to explain away behavior that comes from lack of discipline as a child. In a much better day in our country's history, such "disorders" were cured damn fast with a strap across one's backside. Today, we feed the medical community with countless $$$ and coddle unacceptable behavior in the name of liberal correctness. We're doing this to ourselves, folks.
    we have our opinions, I personally don't agree with yours however.

I have had family who have been "labeled" ADHD. Bi-Polar, depression etc. All were adults when the diagnosis was made. Last I looked it was not acceptable to take a strap across an adults backside, they seem to label that abuse. :dunno:

Now is there is a huge problem with "labeling" some with these diagnosis's? Absolutely, but they are real, not just labels..

winchester

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2012
    all three of my young sons get adhd at times at church, school, or when we go out to eat until i tell them im gonna bust their asses if they dont behave and suddenly they are cured??:dunno:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I know of a family with 3 children ages 5 to 10. Oldest was able to be taken to college football games at the age of 2 and sit through the whole game. Always been laid back and behaved. The second was running from the time she could walk and has never settled down. The third is autistic. If this is purely a discipline problem, why such a difference in 3 children in the same family? Do you think they gave up on discipline when the second one was born?

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    I don't believe so much that it was make believe, but over diagnosed for certain. Absentee parenting that allows the medication to replace time and effort to discipline is a major culprit.

That said, I was "blessed" with this "curse" for my now 8 year old daughter. Interestingly enough, she showed ADHD traits the minute she started walking. No form of discipline seemed to stick at all for the hyperactive behavior at all.

We waited until she was 6(school) prior to trying meds. She is bouncing of the walls level of hyper every morning that she's like Thing 1 and Thing 2 in the Cat in the Hat movie.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    I believe autism is becoming the new adhd. While some do have it legitimately.Everyone else believes drugs are the easy fix for their lack of parenting,even though it makes it easier to break them down and brainwash them with whatever the media desires.

You don't even have a clue of what you're talking about.

forgop

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Southeast Indy
    ADHD, "Bi-polar" disorder, and a host of other nonsense, were invented by liberals to explain away behavior that comes from lack of discipline as a child. In a much better day in our country's history, such "disorders" were cured damn fast with a strap across one's backside. Today, we feed the medical community with countless $$$ and coddle unacceptable behavior in the name of liberal correctness. We're doing this to ourselves, folks.

Another completely uninformed opinion.

traderdan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Martinsville
    I only wish that I was not so technologically inept,so that I could post a link in this discussion to a short presentation of a Dr. Dimitri Christakis. He makes a very good case for the idea, that overexposure of infants to the constant frenetic visual stimulation of TV programming plays a part in the behaviors labelled ADD,ADHD.

roadrunner681

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    henry county
    i know that add is real i have a friend with it hes almost impossible to talk to with out his meds he cant even listen to music with out it, but i seen plenty of people in high school( wasn't that long ago) that claimed they had the disorder but they seem to use it as a excuse to be lazy. as for over diagnosing, yes the school had me tested for that in 9th grade cause i got bad grades i dont have add, but they were persistent that i did.(i was being stupid, not trying that sort of thing)

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    I agree wholeheartedly. It was a diagnosis that didn't exist when I was a kid. As an adult, I've come to realize that ... oooh, look -- a squirrel! I like squirrels, don't you?

Speaking of shower stalls, mine has a chip in it right by the drain. I think it can be fixed. I got fixed, you know. Three kids were enough.

Man, I have a lot to do today! What were we talking about again?

It doesn't matter. You think it's hot in here? I don't either ...
    Speaking of hot, how much is a Chevy?

HenryWallace

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 7, 2013
    Fort Wayne
    It is a made up disease in order for us to have a reason why are bodies have a Social Anxiousness, poor health, General misconception of life.
    It's because everyone wants to understand everything, so they generalize it. Group it together. Make it a common cause, and then provide the cure.
    Otherwise it's control... And power... Money...!
    If we actually lived the way our bodies wanted us to, we'd be healthy. 'Cause underneath all of that laziness (and chemical intake), lies a beautiful person. Chiseled and lively.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    A good test for ADHD is to put a kid in front of a video game or something else they like, if they can do it for hours on end they don't have an attention deficit problem, they have this sucks and bores me problem

Top Bottom