• Status
    Not open for further replies.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    [video=youtube;CD4qQaYCe40]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CD4qQaYCe40[/video]

This is a great example of what an intelligent, informed, confident and powerful woman looks like.

I think she is a great spokesperson for the NRA/ responsible gun owners in general.
    I allowed my NRA membership to expire, because I got tired of constant mailings asking for more money (my pet peeve). But, I renewed it today and will be signing up some additional family members in the next couple days.

thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    So I was watching Tucker Carlson for a few minutes after grocery shopping tonight. If I understood correctly it sounded like there are now reports of an additional 3 or 4 Sheriffs deputies in FL that waited at their cars for additional officers to arrive before going inside. Makes me wonder what their training protocol was and if the SRO is being treated fairly. I also picked up earlier this afternoon (tv was on when I got up. Whoever was on Fox news @ 3:00) that it was officers from another county that showed up and were the first to rush inside. I hope either he was wrong or that I misunderstood as I was still waking up.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    So I was watching Tucker Carlson for a few minutes after grocery shopping tonight. If I understood correctly it sounded like there are now reports of an additional 3 or 4 Sheriffs deputies in FL that waited at their cars for additional officers to arrive before going inside. Makes me wonder what their training protocol was and if the SRO is being treated fairly. I also picked up earlier this afternoon (tv was on when I got up. Whoever was on Fox news @ 3:00) that it was officers from another county that showed up and were the first to rush inside. I hope either he was wrong or that I misunderstood as I was still waking up.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...5-school-resource-officer-24.html#post7430280
    Little bit of a discussion on it here.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    28056018_1263490263785008_3000358792697472008_n.png

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan

https://nypost.com/2018/02/23/four-.../?utm_campaign=iosapp&utm_source=facebook_app

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Aaron Cowan sharing his thoughts on the issue.
    He's a law enforcement officer, firearms instructor and active shooter response instructor.

[video=youtube;4ve87pN0zaE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ve87pN0zaE[/video]

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Aaron Cowan sharing his thoughts on the issue.
    He's a law enforcement officer, firearms instructor and active shooter response instructor.

[video=youtube;4ve87pN0zaE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ve87pN0zaE[/video]

+1. Excellent post

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Apparently since the shooting the sheriff has now ordered his deputies to carry rifles on school ground.

[FONT=&amp]A week after the massacre at a[/FONT] Florida high school that left 17 people dead[FONT=&amp], the sheriff in charge of investigating the shooting has ordered deputies to carry rifles on school grounds “from this point forward.”[/FONT]

They will be carrying them all the time, expect when they are not carrying them ... :n00b:

[FONT=&amp]Israel said the policy was implemented Wednesday morning and deputies will be required to keep their rifles locked in their police vehicle when they are not being carried.[/FONT]

So I assume before that event deputies didnt' keep rifles in their cars.

[FONT=&amp]“It will be done safely — only deputies that are trained and qualified will carry those rifles, but we need to be able to defeat any threat that comes onto campus,” he added.
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]The school district's superintendent, Robert Runcie, supported the decision, Israel added. Some of the deputies will be carrying single-shot AR-15s, he said.[/FONT]

Single-shot AR-15? :scratch:

I assume the journalist thinks it means semi-auto unless the sheriff said that then he has no idea what he's talking about.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...rifles-school-grounds-broward-sheriff-n850106

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have heard before that some county sheriff's departments make more political appointments than real law enforcement types.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    I have heard before that some county sheriff's departments make more political appointments than real law enforcement types.

This was discussed in an article on the book of faces yesterday. Our favorite Sheriff as very adept at this so possibly the responding officers were cut from the
    "Here as a Career steady pay check softy" group.
    It is so hard to understand.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom