• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dirtball

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2011
    Does anyone know of the Martin's corporate policy for employees carrying at work? HB 1017 that is in the Indiana House right now would extend liability protection to employers and businesses.

My fiancé works at Martins now. No employee is allowed to carry. The security detail is basically nothing more than a witness to crime for law enforcement. They cannot detain, frisk or confront. Security splits detail with off duty police that have all those rights, but both groups security/off duty are NOT full time at any store. They are part timers. This unfortunate and deadly event starts with he gained the attention of security for not buying and wondering. I asked my girl why he had security attention and still got as far as he did, he isn't allowed to do anything and is not armed.

ticktwrter

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    It appears that the Elkhart police officers did an excellent job.

These 2 officers did a fantastic job at stopping this scum from killing the manager. They are an example of exactly what true heroes are not some multi million dollar athlete

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    My wife & I shop at that store frequently.
    MIL lives less just down the road.
    I have CC there many times and do not remember seeing any signs.
    Never got hassled either.
    Our prayers go out to all the families affected and a big thank you to the Elkhart PD.

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    My wife & I shop at that store frequently.
    MIL lives less just down the road.
    I have CC there many times and do not remember seeing any signs.
    Never got hassled either.
    Our prayers go out to all the families affected and a big thank you to the Elkhart PD.

Why would you get hassled for CC'ing?

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.
    They just released the shooters name. 22 year old white male. The scumbags FB page has pics and quotes from serial killers and the like. This was on WSBT's Facebook page.

EDIT:
    I was going to post pics from his FB page but I don't want to give this coward and more press than he will already get.

As far as him legally owning a gun, he was charged with a Felony per ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ and several other crimes. Chances are the he was not legal but I don't know for sure.

I find it helps to understand and study these pieces of crap to get a better feel for what we are dealing with.

Feel free to post up what you have!

nord159

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2012
    In this case, police did get there rather quickly and confronted the shooter, he then raised his gun toward the officers and they opened fire. The sad thing is the security guard was following and keeping tabs on the shooter as he went through the store, but he was unarmed due to Martin's policies. I believe the first victim was rather quick upon entering the store but a life could have been saved. I live less than two minutes away from this Martins and my wife is now on board for me getting a gun.

Top Bottom