• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Samplejs

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 19, 2012
    Woke up and saw this on the Indy news this morning and had a heart attack. Two of my nieces work at that Martins and all the morning news said was a female employee late teens to early twenties. thankfully both are safe but very shaken up and heartbroken about the loss of a co-worker. I am hopeing that this might wake my brother and SIL upas they always mock me for carrying "just to run to the store" and have been very against me teaching my nieces to shoot.

dwh79

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 20, 2008
    Wanamaker/ Acton
    I just hope this is not a legal person with a gun but might be. I don't know the answer but society needs to step up and realize they are to blame not the guns. People are just not taught morals anymore it seems. What a sad state of affairs this world is in.

copo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    nwi
    this just goes to show everyone, if you can legally carry you should! we as a society are not truly safe anywhere anymore.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I noticed that our local reporter took her hat off and put on some make up for her Today Show segment :)

Scout

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2008
    near Fort Wayne
    I firmly believe that these shootings are a result of not teaching kids how to handle anger, disappointment, and sadness when they are young.

While listening to the news this morning, the reporter had said something to the point of Martin's being a safe place, and if it could happen there it could happen anywhere.

Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    Lawrence County
    Shootings like this happen every day in cities like Chicago, Washington DC, NY, etc. Why is this news? Because it's in Indiana where the crime rate is low. It's a reminder that even in places that are relatively "safe" you need a plan to protect yourself if attacked. The crime rate nation wide is dropping and has for decades, but just because the probability of violence is low and getting lower, it's not zero. Always be prepared to protect yourself and your family.

ghuns

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    I noticed that our local reporter took her hat off and put on some make up for her Today Show segment :)

She also did a good job. Most of the 20 something little cuties they have around there can barely string a complete sentence together.:rolleyes:

funeralweb

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    Earth/East Central I
    Last edited:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    They just released the shooters name. 22 year old white male. The scumbags FB page has pics and quotes from serial killers and the like. This was on WSBT's Facebook page.

EDIT:
    I was going to post pics from his FB page but I don't want to give this coward and more press than he will already get.

As far as him legally owning a gun, he was charged with a Felony per ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ and several other crimes. Chances are the he was not legal but I don't know for sure.

Last edited:

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    WTH is wrong with people?

There are probably many good answers, and none of them are "guns". We sure do live in a sick and violent world.

this just goes to show everyone, if you can legally carry you should! we as a society are not truly safe anywhere anymore.

^^^^THIS. In an ideal world nobody would have the need to defend themselves. Unfortunately our world is far from ideal and in the real world, the need is constantly there. Maybe it will never happen to "me", but we never know when will can happen to "me", it might be never, but it could be anytime. This is why nobody should ever be denied the ability to defend themselves.

Top Bottom