Active shooter at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Some "feel-good" stories starting to pop up... a man that was shot offering himself as a shield here

DLJx8LMVoAAmbJj.jpg:small

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Go back and re-read my post, added context since no one else understood where I was coming from.

I made a joke earlier, and was told "too soon". So I mockingly used the same thing at his joke.

Because I don't ****ing care if people make jokes. Some either do care, or don't understand them (as three people showed.)

Maybe INGO isn't the best crowd for memery and ****posting.

Well, I'll agree. Context is everything. I didn't get yours. Sorry.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Saving enough money or comps to rent a corner suite for a few days!

Some hotels will only ask you to pay when you check out.
    Not sure how it works in Vegas.
    Staying for a week when you're planing on killing yourself at the end doesn't cost anything.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    "Everything is going to be ok?" What the hell? I'm still amazed, not really, that so many people simply huddled down and didn't try to find cover, concealment, or try to escape. A guy is firing from a hotel indiscriminatly, and people are standing up pointing, hunched over, and not GTFOD???

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    Keep the "do not disturb" sign up and be relatively quite and no one will come in your room. It is, after all, Vegas. "Do not disturb" means "do not disturb".

Although, on a bit of a lighter note, we went to see John Cleese at the IU Auditorium yesterday. During part of his presentation, he told a story of checking into a nice hotel in Florida after a long day on the road. After being interrupted several times for the delivery of his luggage, the turndown service, a fruit platter, and what-not, he finally put the "do not disturb" sign up.

Within two minutes, a uniformed hotel staffer knocked on the door and asked him if he REALLY intended to put up the "do not disturb."

On the other hand, as you aptly point out, it is Vegas. And this wasn't John Cleese.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Do you want your trial lawyer knocked off center by whatever unexpectedly happens, or able to function and drive on "as usual". I went to work the day my father died (after I found out) and he was the greatest man I ever knew. Only billed 4.7 hours, though (I looked it up). Nothing I could do about it and knew that later that week would be 100% family time. Probably told a few jokes.

I'm sorry if I offended anyone, but I have no time for emotionality for the sake of appearances. I will keep doing what I do. Points can be made many ways.

I think it's advantageous to have the capacity to separate oneself from the emotion of tragedies of life.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    "Everything is going to be ok?" What the hell? I'm still amazed, not really, that so many people simply huddled down and didn't try to find cover, concealment, or try to escape. A guy is firing from a hotel indiscriminatly, and people are standing up pointing, hunched over, and not GTFOD???

That was a really odd part of the videos... people just dropped like a sack of potatoes to the ground and covered up... what the hell good is that going to do? Run away. Hear those shots? Run the opposite direction of them... don't just lay out a canvas and hope you aren't chosen by one of the hundreds of rounds coming your way. Or trampled in the aftermath.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia

A significant majority in this country are wholly incapable of dealing with the stress of someone who disagrees with them let alone someone shooting at them. I don't find her statement the least bit surprising.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw

I really doubt most people knew what was going on, where the shots were coming from or what the threat was. You are sitting here knowing a hell of a lot more than the folks at that concert last night.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I really doubt most people knew what was going on, where the shots were coming from or what the threat was. You are sitting here knowing a hell of a lot more than the folks at that concert last night.

Mmm... this is true... it had to be loud, and you don't really know if the shooter is with you in the crowd of people, or hundreds of yards away.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana

How many there had experience receiving fire?

First time I was shot at, I looked up as I thought the kugelschlag was a bottle rocket.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    How many there had experience receiving fire?

First time I was shot at, I looked up as I thought the kugelschlag was a bottle rocket.

Good point. This is one reason the Army does the old, classic training exercise of shooting tracer-heavy machine gun fire over your head while C-4 explosions spray sand around you. KEEP MOVING.

As an aside, what really scared me about that exercise was finding huge beetles hanging out on the chain link fence we dragged the "pit" with after it was done.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

How many were sober?
    At a large concert it's also possible many didn't know it was gunshots.Could have been fireworks.
    Probably many people in "condition white" at 10pm at a concert.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I'm obviously not surrounded by some of the most capable minds in the world. That's my excuse.

And you obviously must be one of the simple minded people too! Somebody sure seems upset that Hillary didn't get elected. Maybe you should join a liberal forum somewhere. Just my simple minded:twocents:

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    And you obviously must be one of the simple minded people too! Somebody sure seems upset that Hillary didn't get elected. Maybe you should join a liberal forum somewhere. Just my simple minded:twocents:

I didn't take what he said that way. Maybe I'm slow on the uptake.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Triggered enough to start throwing out personal insults 'eh?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Steve44
    Top Bottom