• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    Libs probably going to gun shows, putting rounds in chambers and walking off.

Just a theory, nothing surprises me these days.
    I was going to say the same thing. Nothing like a little sabotage to get the media talking about how "dangerous" gun shows have become.

Raoc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 6, 2009
    Heres the problem that I saw this weekend while I was fingering guns at the 1500.

On the 1911's that I was looking at I wanted to pull the trigger to see how they feel.

half of the guns were tied so I could not check the chamber to see if they were loaded before I pulled the trigger.

Most vendors would cut the strap with no questions asked, others would huff and puff about it.

I see this alot. I've conditioned myself that every gun I pick up gets a chamber check. If they've run a zip tie through the action, then sometimes you can see that the chamber is clear, but often they just zip the slide so it can't move. As soon as I realize I can't check the chamber, the gun goes back on the table. I'm always exhausted when I leave a gun show, especially a big one like the 1500. I think it's because I'm very tense all the time realizing that there are any number of weapons being pointed at me at any given time by some potentially very stupid people.

Greenmonsta79

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2010
    Clay County, IN
    I really, REALLY hate when someone strafes me with a weapon unloaded or LOADED I tend to get very pissed, if you can't handle a weapon properly leave it alone! I don't care for that at the 1500 especially hardcore "cool guys" that strafe the entire crowd or someone that points it right at someone! IDIOT, how about I point a gun at your head and have you guess if it's loaded or not! Some people just never learn. :xmad:

Flitmob

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 21, 2009
    I am always nervous at the 1500, they do a great job of checking everything but I see idiots point guns all over the place. I have said on more than one occasion "watch it" or "what the hell are you doing" to some irresponsible person who is pointing a gun at me at a show. People just dont think. That is the bottom line. In all transactions for firearms I check a few times. That is my biggest fear. How could you live with yourself if you shot someone by mistake and it was fatal?

johnb62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Evansville Area
    I remember an AD here at an Evansville gun show many years ago. I think that an attendee handed the guy at the table a loaded Glock. Somehow it discharged and he was hit in the hand. I did not see it but I heard the shot and watched the people running to assist. Lot's of things went wrong that day.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Libs probably going to gun shows, putting rounds in chambers and walking off.

Just a theory, nothing surprises me these days.

I wouldn't put it past some anti-gun commie lib activist to pull a stunt like dropping rounds into chambers when nobody is looking. All the more reason to follow Coopers rules.

I agree that the Libs are eating this up this is fuel for them to try to stop the sales of guns shows.They will try everything they can to do away with guns shows.

Or maybe it was some right-wing conservative redneck putting bullets in chambers for a "Hey y'all, watch 'is" moment.

Or maybe the aforementioned RWCR put them in there just so they could put the blame on the commie pinko libs when someone gets hurt.

Yeah, I know, that sounds just as STUPID as someone trying to blame the libs for everything, too. There ARE anti-gun conservatives, too.

Or maybe, just maybe, someone just made a really stupid mistake & there wasn't some vast liberal conspiracy to make gun-owners look bad.

I ALWAYS say, ALL GUNS are ALWAYS loaded... if this person, followed that rule, this would not have happened... There is someone on this site, that hates that saying, but it would have worked here !!!!!!!!!!!!

No. Someone doesn't hate the phrase "all guns are always loaded". They hate that the rest of the "rule" is left out. The part that says "until you have personally verified that it's not & maintain absolute control over it". That does change things just a little.

The most important rule they broke here is the one that says to keep your finger off the trigger until the muzzle is in a safe direction. That one rule will prevent 99% of all injuries relating to negligence. It doesn't matter (in the vast majority of cases) whether the gun is loaded or not. If you don't put your finger on the trigger it won't go off barring a rare mechanical failure.

I really, REALLY hate when someone strafes me with a weapon unloaded or LOADED I tend to get very pissed, if you can't handle a weapon properly leave it alone! I don't care for that at the 1500 especially hardcore "cool guys" that strafe the entire crowd or someone that points it right at someone! IDIOT, how about I point a gun at your head and have you guess if it's loaded or not! Some people just never learn.

You can be "pissed" all you want but unfortunately that is the nature of a crowded gun-show. There is physically no way that someone can pick up a gun & NOT point it at or "strafe" the crowd (wrong choice of word but I'll go with it). Pointing it at the floor is no good because someone will be hit by the ricochet. Pointing it up is an excellent choice (which is what I do) but you have to be able to get it up there from the table while surrounded by 1000's of people. Good luck with that.

Do you ever touch a firearm at a gun-show? I'll guarantee you swept someone, if you have.

Follow all the other "rules" - especially the one that says to keep your finger off the trigger until the muzzle is in a "safe" direction - and no one will get hurt.

Now, if someone is intentionally pointing the gun at another person they deserve to get their a$$es kicked.

E5RANGER375

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Feb 22, 2010
    BOATS n' HO's, Indy East
    I ALWAYS say, ALL GUNS are ALWAYS loaded... if this person, followed that rule, this would not have happened... There is someone on this site, that hates that saying, but it would have worked here !!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate that saying .... ONLY because if i clear a weapon and it never leaves my hands or sight even for a second then I KNOW its not loaded, unless my scitsofrenic alter ego took over my body and loaded it while it was in my own hands. When im cleaning my weapons i dont even have the ammo in the same proximity. YES, if i walk up to a gun, EVEN mine for the first time, then I expect it is loaded and treat it accordingly. but the all guns are always loaded doesnt fly ALL the time, or youd never clean your guns.

MarkM

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    Brownsburg
    I feel that it could have been a nut jon loading guns you never know what's going through people minds anymore but no matter what it all gets blamed on the people who have guns and carry guns

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Didn't mean to strike a nerve, finity. That was only added as a speculative afterthought, not intended to distract from the main point, which is...
    The most important rule they broke here is the one that says to keep your finger off the trigger until the muzzle is in a safe direction. That one rule will prevent 99% of all injuries relating to negligence. If you don't put your finger on the trigger it won't go off barring a rare mechanical failure.
    Agreed. Thus making it a negligent discharge, regardless of how the round got in the chamber, or who put it there.

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    ...and you know why this happened?

Because idiots - and when I say idiots, I mean all of us - allow the "condition" of guns to be dicated to us.

We actually accept that those around us at gun shows and in gun shops are handling "unloaded" guns, therefore it's just dandy for them to be pointed at us.

We allow dealers and customers and our friends to violate the Four Rules of Gun Safety because we are in an 'Official Unloaded Gun Zone.'

From this day forward I vow to call out every person I see handling a gun improperly. That includes the guy behind the counter, the customer standing next to me and the "gunsmith" fixing my rifle.

I cringe in gunshops and I sweat at gunshows everytime I walk in one. People pointing guns everywhere but where others aren't! I allow them to do something that if done anywhere else would result in my pointing my very loaded gun at them. But from now on I'm not going to "go along to get along" with this absolute stupidity any longer. People acting with such dangerous arrogence are going to hear it about it!

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN UNLOADED GUN - PERIOD. THERE IS ONLY ONE CONDITION A GUN IS IN, LOADED!

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    ...and you know why this happened?

Because idiots - and when I say idiots, I mean all of us - allow the "condition" of guns to be dicated to us.

We actually accept that those around us at gun shows and in gun shops are handling "unloaded" guns, therefore it's just dandy for them to be pointed at us.

We allow dealers and customers and our friends to violate the Four Rules of Gun Safety because we are in an 'Official Unloaded Gun Zone.'

From this day forward I vow to call out every person I see handling a gun improperly. That includes the guy behind the counter, the customer standing next to me and the "gunsmith" fixing my rifle.

I cringe in gunshops and I sweat at gunshows everytime I walk in one. People pointing guns everywhere but where others aren't! I allow them to do something that if done anywhere else would result in my pointing my very loaded gun at them. But from now on I'm not going to "go along to get along" with this absolute stupidity any longer. People acting with such dangerous arrogence are going to hear it about it!

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN UNLOADED GUN - PERIOD. THERE IS ONLY ONE CONDITION A GUN IS IN, LOADED!

I think that the next gun show you go to you'll spend so much time correcting "unsafe" behavior you won't have any time to do anything else. :)

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield

Actually your wrong...
    I go over to Indygunworks shop all the time and he has plenty of UNLOADED guns there. I know this as they are laying in parts in boxes, on counters, and in baths of chemicals. :D

85-12.jpg

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    Or maybe it was some right-wing conservative redneck putting bullets in chambers for a "Hey y'all, watch 'is" moment.

Riiiiiiiiiight, because RWC or all murders too. :rofl:

Hey Yal watch this, I'm going to change my stereotype and become a heartless killer instead of a salt of the earth outdoor laborer. :rolleyes:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

no.... most of those guys are all fighting in the desert right now.

Maybe while you are at it, you can find us some video of protesters using racial slurs to Carson?

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    I know whenever I dry fire a weapon be it at a gun show or in the middle of an alley, it is just a habit to always clear the weapon Even if I know it already is empty and aim towards the ground when dry firing.... But like has been said if the dealers had to correct everyone mis-handling guns they wouldn't have time to sell any of them.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    Riiiiiiiiiight, because RWC or all murders too. :rofl:

Hey Yal watch this, I'm going to change my stereotype and become a heartless killer instead of a salt of the earth outdoor laborer. :rolleyes:

First off, I don't recall saying ALL RWC are rednecks or murderers. I hope you're not trying to say that NO RWC is a redneck or murderer. Just like the fact that not all liberals are tree-hugging communist gun-grabbers either. There are idiots on both sides of the political spectrum.

As a matter of fact I think there was a recent story about some RWC Christian militia-type wackos who had a plan to kill a bunch of cops because, as all RWC Christian militia-types know, the government is the enemy. I even think one was a homegrown RWC wacko.

I could pretty easily pull up several recent news stories of some of those RWC's going off & killing people or having a "redneck, hey y'all watch 'is" moment.

You know that brings up a good point... You don't really ever hear about any LWL's going on a killing spree, do you? Well, I guess there was that college professor woman recently but that's pretty much the only one I know of (& I'm not sure of her political affiliation either - she COULD have been a RWC too). All the rest that I know of have been RWC wacko's. Hmmm... I guess they're not all "salt of the earth laborers" after all.

Top Bottom