Attempt 8 - 108 Unqualified
    Using a Mosin Carbine (thanks TV1217)

How did you score with me "supporting" you,

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    I was also able to do some appleseed targets during the day and as is typical my results are all over the place. But I do know why.

Using my 10/22 with no sling
    Attempt 1 - 188 Sharpshooter
    Attempt 2 - 202 Sharpshooter
    Attempt 3 - 214 Expert :rockwoot:
    Attempt 4 - 156 Marksman
    Attempt 5 - 176 Sharpshooter
    Attempt 6 - 80 Unqualified
    My 1st time using a FAL in .308 Winchester
    Attempt 7 - 190 Sharpshooter
    Attempt 8 - 108 Unqualified
    Using a Mosin Carbine (thanks TV1217)

So what I noticed is if I focus on my breathing I can indeed with no sling get an expert score! However it's not via the "breathing technique" that is taught in Appleseed which is to shoot once you exhale & before you breath again. I tried that Attempt 1 and 2.

Instead I used the method used in "Medal of Honor Airborne" video game. Yes I know it's a video game but hear me out. :D In the game to take a "sniper shoot" you hold the space bar to "hold your breath" and thus stable yourself so the scope if not moving with your breathing. Well if I breath in and hold my breath and shoot I can get an Expert score.

Off course then comes the all over the place as you can see in attempts 4 and 5. :rolleyes:

Soooo .... we can expect to see you next weekend at Camp Atterbury? :D

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Great time, hope that everyone got the chance to shoot the SCAR, as I know it was used quite abit, same as the M1 Garand. Also, I hope that everyone was able to shoot Actaeon's pistols, M&P .22, M&P .40C, and the North American Arms .22. I do know those also got around and hope that everyone enjoyed them.

Everyone did a great job, and the place looked great when we were leaving.

BlackLabel, the rounds for the SIG Mosquito are Federal Game Shok High Velocity. Mine had problems with those American Eagle, with both magazines, as well as it had problems with the M&P .22. Seems to be something up with those rounds. Have to try some others next time.

Great time, and although its next month, and will be around 8 weeks, I can not wait for the next meet and shoot.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    Great time, hope that everyone got the chance to shoot the SCAR, as I know it was used quite abit, same as the M1 Garand. Also, I hope that everyone was able to shoot Actaeon's pistols, M&P .22, M&P .40C, and the North American Arms .22. I do know those also got around and hope that everyone enjoyed them.

Everyone did a great job, and the place looked great when we were leaving.

BlackLabel, the rounds for the SIG Mosquito are Federal Game Shok High Velocity. Mine had problems with those American Eagle, with both magazines, as well as it had problems with the M&P .22. Seems to be something up with those rounds. Have to try some others next time.

Great time, and although its next month, and will be around 8 weeks, I can not wait for the next meet and shoot.

FWIW: I ran about 100 rounds of Federal bulk through the M&P 22 with no failures, and used it to win the pistol comp. Sights could use adjusting, consistently shot high and left. Thanks for letting me spend so much time with it!

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    FWIW: I ran about 100 rounds of Federal bulk through the M&P 22 with no failures, and used it to win the pistol comp. Sights could use adjusting, consistently shot high and left. Thanks for letting me spend so much time with it!

Not a problem. I think it was just that American Eagle ammo, cause that M&P ran everything else. My Mosquito ran the other ammo fine too.
    Thanks for letting me know, I will tell my brother the sights are off, we are still breaking it in (although, after today, might be done breaking in), so we will have to take it and adjust it if possible. I know I need to do the same with my Mosquito, get at a closer range, new target and see how good the groups are. This morning, when we were up close, I was able to get them all on white post its on the cardboard, but still, see what I can really do with it.

Glad you were able to use the M&P and enjoy it. :ar15:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    This was mine, its in 5.56/.223, the SCAR 16. You are still more then welcome to shoot it

Ah then no :facepalm: for me. I'm not a fan boy of 5.56/.223. I know turnandshoot has a SCAR in .308 and now that I'm left with about 15 rounds of brass .308 to shoot still I'm going to remind myself to have him bring it out so I can compare that to the FAL next time. Just need to go buy some more .308 for both of them.

oh I blame GB and WINAMAC for this .308 love I have right now. :laugh:

repeter1977

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2012
    NWI
    Ah then no :facepalm: for me. I'm not a fan boy of 5.56/.223. I know turnandshoot has a SCAR in .308 and now that I'm left with about 15 rounds of brass .308 to shoot still I'm going to remind myself to have him bring it out so I can compare that to the FAL next time. Just need to go buy some more .308 for both of them.

oh I blame GB and WINAMAC for this .308 love I have right now. :laugh:

You aren't kidding. I need to get a couple boxes of .308 for the next meet and shoot. I know I want to try the SCAR, the M1A, maybe another rifle or two. Good times. :ar15:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Ahhh, the PKC: When you want to spend 16 weekends a year publicly beating the hell out of your friends. :):

spasmo

ಠ_ಠ
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    What another fabulous event with a great bunch of people! The last one I was at was COLD. This one was warm but not too hot. It was a perfect day except for bugs. I thought the beetles were annoying until the gnats started in. I prefer the beetles. :)

Got to shoot a few rifles yesterday. Brought out my 10/22 with iron sights so I could do the rifle competition but sadly, there wasn't one. Goober was MIA.

I think I need the M&P 15-22.

Everyone is just so sweet letting me shoot their guns. I appreciate it very much. Thank you.

tv1217

N6OTB
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    Kouts
    Working on combining and trimming some of the videos right now. I have nipprdog on the .460 revolver and Jedi on the M44

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom