• Status
    Not open for further replies.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Just tell people I took you hostage and forced you to drive me to the shoot. Then once there I forced you to let me shoot your guns using your ammo, and that I forced you to drive me home. Then once we got to my house I stole all your guns but gave you a receipt for them.

*starts a new thread in the Politics forum. . . .*

:D

kimmi

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2010
    After the numerous failure to feeds both you and Kimmi had, I think that Kool-Aid may be straight from Jim Jone's camp. It seemed that if you had a little less than optimal grip those pistols just would not cycle. My guess is they never fail during target practice, but I'd be a bit spooked if that happened to me as many times as it happened to you guys during SHTF training.

Please don't blame my gun!

I'll be the first to admit that I still have some work to do on proper shooting technique. I've got it mostly figured out when I can extend my arms and take my time, focusing on what I need to do. When I have new things to think about though, like moving while shooting or changing my stance -- I was originally trained with modified weaver -- I revert back to "sissy-fisting it."

Proof that it's me and not the gun: 1.) When H&K shot it, he busted through 15 rounds with no problems at all. 2.) I do that to almost any gun I shoot...Kimber 1911, Springfied GI (sorry cornfused!), XD, XDM, etc... and I think we can all agree that those are great guns!

From what I saw when taking down Kimmi's FNX, I don't think the workmanship on the pistol is bad at all. In fact I liked the gun. The feed ramp is a bit truncated, but essentially the design is the same as virtually every other modern DAO pistol including my own. I just tend to think the slide weight is tad too light. I could be wrong though - so you should absolutely continue doing the drills and find out more.

It could also be that more practice is needed in getting a higher grip on the pistol coming out of the holster. The closer the web of the hand is to the bore axis the better the pistol will cycle. Being absolutely perfect on the draw is quite difficult in stressful situations though - even with regular practice (as is the case with me and I still muffed 2 out of 3).

I think you're right in that... I just learned some new things to practice other than just stand and shoot! I'll get there eventually. Until then, I may need to train in hand to hand combat, just in case. ;)

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I'm glad IndyMonkey invited me to go along, gave me a ride, and gave me guns and ammo to shoot. I had a good time and even though I'm not a PW I hope I can attend the next shoot. Thanks FPD for arranging the location. The food was awesome, especially the chili!

I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself to everyone, I'm still in the "laying low" mode. For those of you that I did meet, it was a pleasure.

I'm sure I saw you there, but your stealth mode must have been working because I can't put a face to the name. Of course I'm the worst person in the world when it comes to remembering names anyway! :dunno:

Keep me in mind for a ride to future events. I believe we live only minutes apart. We're gonna have to make point of checking out the new BGF range when it opens!

To everyone else, my pics are uploading as I type this and should be available today. :yesway:

Dang that was a good time. Kind of a let down that its over already.

Zephri

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 12, 2008
    Indianapolis, Northside.
    Here are my videos and pictures that I took, Not sure who everyone is in them except for Savage eagle.:):

IMG_4023.jpg

IMG_4024.jpg

IMG_4030.jpg

IMG_4051.jpg

IMG_4069.jpg

IMG_4073.jpg

IMG_4079.jpg

IMG_4084.jpg

IMG_4087.jpg

Videos.
    Range pictures :: MVI_4064.mp4 video by zephri - Photobucket

Range pictures :: MVI_4112.mp4 video by zephri - Photobucket

Range pictures :: MVI_4065.mp4 video by zephri - Photobucket

WTFFFFFF!!!!!! One zombie got away, that is totally unacceptable!:n00b:
    Come on guys we can do better than that!:ar15:
    IMG_4088.jpg

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast
    I do want to say, that I heard someone talking about somebody "barking orders". If that was to me, all I was trying to do was to help move things along, I know H&K's time was valuable and the training is priceless. I will not apologize for trying to move things along, but if anyone didn't like getting barked at then everyone should've paid better attention. Not apologizing doesn't mean that I regret for offending anyone tho! I really hope everyone had a great time like I did!

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I do want to say, that I heard someone talking about somebody "barking orders". If that was to me, all I was trying to do was to help move things along, I know H&K's time was valuable and the training is priceless. I will not apologize for trying to move things along, but if anyone didn't like getting barked at then everyone should've paid better attention. Not apologizing doesn't mean that I regret for offending anyone tho! I really hope everyone had a great time like I did!

Did you say something?? :D I wasn't paying attention...

Cru

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 4, 2010
    Noblesville, IN

I actually appreciated it. It's hard to keep 25+ people organized, so it's better to have someone "barking orders" than have everyone standing around looking confused. :yesway:

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I'm glad IndyMonkey invited me to go along, gave me a ride, and gave me guns and ammo to shoot. I had a good time and even though I'm not a PW I hope I can attend the next shoot. Thanks FPD for arranging the location. The food was awesome, especially the chili!

I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself to everyone, I'm still in the "laying low" mode. For those of you that I did meet, it was a pleasure.

Dang I didn't know that was you! I'm glad you could make it though even if you had to ride with monkey :D

I'm glad you had a good time and hope to get to meet you someday. And also thank you for what you do. :yesway::patriot:

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009

That was me, how dare you try to keep everyone on task, and let people shoot your guns, and drive people to the shoot, and get us home safe:D

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    I'm not very good at this but here are the photos I have.

PW2001.jpg

One of the many cool cars we saw on the way there.

PW2002.jpg

Setting up and waking up.

PW2003.jpg

SE was hanging his head again about something...
    biggrin.gif

PW2004.jpg

Killing some zombies...and my 995 looking lonely.

Here are several pictures of shooting and examining some ballistic gel.

Anybody that knows me knows I forget names roughly 30 seconds after I hear them, so I'll just say thanks for bringing the ballistic gel for all of us to play with!!

PW2005.jpg
    PW2006.jpg
    PW2007.jpg
    PW2008.jpg
    PW2009.jpg
    PW2010.jpg
    PW2011.jpg
    PW2012.jpg
    PW2013.jpg
    PW2014.jpg
    PW2015.jpg

IJ, what did you do to your thumb?

PW2018.jpg

Somebody who's name I should know shooting something...
    rolleyesedit.gif

PW2017.jpg

IJ is gettin him some!!

PW2020.jpg

Thanks to HK, we gave these guys a really bad day.

Here are several shots of HK giving us some schoolin'
    He's da man!!
    yesway.gif

PW2022.jpg
    PW2021.jpg
    PW2023.jpg
    PW2024.jpg
    PW2025.jpg
    PW2026.jpg
    PW2035.jpg
    PW2034.jpg
    PW2036.jpg
    PW2037.jpg
    PW2032.jpg
    PW2033.jpg
    PW2030.jpg
    PW2031.jpg
    PW2028.jpg
    PW2029.jpg
    PW2038.jpg
    PW2039.jpg
    PW2042.jpg
    PW2040.jpg
    PW2041.jpg
    PW2043.jpg
    PW2044.jpg

And here is one of many zombies that didn't get any brains that day!
    PW2027.jpg

Links to a few videos:

PW TWO :: PW2045.mp4 video by Suprtek - Photobucket

PW TWO :: PW2048.mp4 video by Suprtek - Photobucket

PW TWO :: PW2049.mp4 video by Suprtek - Photobucket

PW TWO :: PW2050.mp4 video by Suprtek - Photobucket

Here's a link to the photobucket page where these pics and vids are located:

PW TWO pictures by Suprtek - Photobucket

I can't say enough how awesome this day was! I know I'm not the only one looking forward to future events!!

rockwoot.gif
    rockwoot.gif
    rockwoot.gif
    rockwoot.gif
    rockwoot.gif
    rockwoot.gif
    rockwoot.gif
    rockwoot.gif
    rockwoot.gif
    rockwoot.gif
    rockwoot.gif

Suprtek

Last edited:

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    That was me, how dare you try to keep everyone on task, and let people shoot your guns, and drive people to the shoot, and get us home safe:D

Don't go overboard there SJ, you're gonna have people thinking IJ is actually a nice guy or something! :lmfao:

Also, my wife loves her new gun! It has all the things she liked about my gun plus a few things that make it almost perfect for her like a shorter grip and the hammer-less design. I think I just might steal that holster for myself though!:D

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I did not find your chair. I hope you find it. I suspect this will not be the first "did anyone find _______" post today...

It's no big loss, I just didn't remember putting back in the truck, my wife may have grabbed it unbeknown to me, I have not unloaded the truck yet! -1 me for being lazy :laugh:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom