• Status
    Not open for further replies.

lawrra

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Huntington
    I didn't mean hammer down. It was just a thought though. Don't think I'm going to try that one. First going to try a holster without a sweat shield that ends up getting in my way of getting to the safety to disengage it when I draw. My current IWB tuckable has a sweatshield, and while the holster is super comfortable and protects the gun well. Its not going to do me much good if its getting in the way when I go to draw quickly. :twocents:

So thinking about trying either a different IWB, along with a couple OWB setups.
    What kind of holster is it? You could try cutting some of the leather away from the grip (combat cut for supertucks).

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    What kind of holster is it? You could try cutting some of the leather away from the grip (combat cut for supertucks).

custom made leather IWB tuckable with a sweat shield. I think the sweat shield was my biggest problem cause I couldn't effectively get to the safety to shut it off until after I was in the middle of my draw. Let's see if I can find a pic real quick of the holster.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    Hmm. Doesn't look like cutting on the leather would improve much. With some IWB holsters you have to shove your hand between the grip and leather for a good grip :dunno:

its hard to see, but the one where I'm wearing the holster with the mil spec in it, if you look close you can see the flap of leather behind the gun. Its cutout to match the outline fairly well but you can see some overlap. I was having probs getting my thumb in there when drawing, so instead safety was having to be kicked off later and slowing me down. I may switch to my other IWB for a while that doesn't have that and see if it helps any though.

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Most fun I've had in a long time! Can't thank everyone involved enough. I got home before 11 but after unpacking the truck, fixing a clogged toilet and finally getting a shower, I'm too used up right now to post pics (its after 2am right now). I have several pics and a few videos that I promise to work on tomorrow.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I'm Pooped!! :D Thank you to FPD for setting this up and getting the site to hold the shoot!
    BE & Mrs BE for the burgers, man where they good!!
    I'm glad you all enjoyed the training and I was happy to provide it! :rockwoot:
    Can't wait to see all the pictures and Vids, I didn't get any this time!:(

Thanks again to all who helped and pitched in to make this such a great time,! :rockwoot: :D

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    I had a great time!
    Kinda bummed that I forgot my camera.
    was great meeting some new members and seeing the ones from PWS1!
    And a special thanks to FPD for getting us a spot to shoot and to HK for the training and also letting me shoot the micro tech!
    And another special thanks to Samot for letting me rock out on "the dragon" that thing is a beast!
    I gotta get some sleep....that drive sucked!
    NO Problem Relic !! Glad i could :rockwoot:
    I wish i had enuf ammo for everyome to shoot it.... :ar15:
    Im pumped for PW 3 :yesway:

johnb62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Evansville Area
    I just got in. I had one helluva day!!!:D

Many thanks to fpd and his BIL for the use of his land.
    Thanks to the Blood Eclipse family for all the cookin'.
    Thanks to my buddy Relic for scoring us a ride!!

Big thanks to H&K for taking the time to do this again!!!

Once again I met some great people today!! :ingo:

Glad you guys were able to make it! Sounds like a good time was had by all.

johnb62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Oct 15, 2008
    Evansville Area
    I had a great time!
    Kinda bummed that I forgot my camera.
    was great meeting some new members and seeing the ones from PWS1!
    And a special thanks to FPD for getting us a spot to shoot and to HK for the training and also letting me shoot the micro tech!
    And another special thanks to Samot for letting me rock out on "the dragon" that thing is a beast!
    I gotta get some sleep....that drive sucked!

:yesway:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    I'm glad IndyMonkey invited me to go along, gave me a ride, and gave me guns and ammo to shoot. I had a good time and even though I'm not a PW I hope I can attend the next shoot. Thanks FPD for arranging the location. The food was awesome, especially the chili!

I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself to everyone, I'm still in the "laying low" mode. For those of you that I did meet, it was a pleasure.

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    I'm glad IndyMonkey invited me to go along, gave me a ride, and gave me guns and ammo to shoot. I had a good time and even though I'm not a PW I hope I can attend the next shoot. Thanks FPD for arranging the location. The food was awesome, especially the chili!

I'm sorry I didn't introduce myself to everyone, I'm still in the "laying low" mode. For those of you that I did meet, it was a pleasure.
    Didnt realize that was you Frank !
    You did good on the "laying low" :)
    Shoulda holard , i think i still had some ammo for the 51 :ar15:
    Welcome back :ingo:

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Just tell people I took you hostage and forced you to drive me to the shoot. Then once there I forced you to let me shoot your guns using your ammo, and that I forced you to drive me home. Then once we got to my house I stole all your guns but gave you a receipt for them.

ironjaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Indy Northeast

glad I got to meet you! Sorry you had to hang out with the monkey all day! that had to be so boring! Be safe out there, and thank you for what it is that you do!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom