AA Optics is now a National Appleseed sponser (Kickoff event details inside)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brown

Sharpshooter
    May 27, 2009
    Brownsburg
    Day one is in the books. WOW was it hot out there. Thank Goodness for the rain this afternoon. 27 shooters on the line and a number of Vortex scopes given out. Great Time! Anyone there let's see some feedback on how we did as an Appleseed crew.

There will be a few empty slots on the line tomorrow if anyone can make it. Still a lot of scopes to give out as prizes!!

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    ...it appears we will have beautiful weather.

Sat, Aug 31
    sunny.gif
    Sunny. Mild.73°F51°F7 mph / NE47%77°FModerate0%
    Sun, Sep 1
    sunny.gif
    Sunny. Mild.78°F51°F5 mph / ENE42%79°FModerate0%

Day one is in the books. WOW was it hot out there. Thank Goodness for the rain this afternoon. 27 shooters on the line and a number of Vortex scopes given out. Great Time! Anyone there let's see some feedback on how we did as an Appleseed crew.

There will be a few empty slots on the line tomorrow if anyone can make it. Still a lot of scopes to give out as prizes!!

I want to know what happened to this forecast that was promised? :stickpoke:

We had a very safe line, with a bunch of dedicated Americans standing up to some unbearable heat. The heat and getting up at 4am has kicked this Granny's backside. I'm headed to bed before the sun has ever set.

Looking forward to knocking out some AQT's tomorrow, might have to mount my newly won scope and try it out tomorrow. :rockwoot:

CBR1000rr

Expert
    Feb 26, 2011
    In an eastern valley

I think you guys were great. You maintained a safe environment while making it fun and open. I had a great time. Like Rayne, I was beat. I got home, took a shower and woke up about 10 minutes ago and I'm ready to go back to sleep!

Definetly ready for tomorrow. Wish I could make it out to Alan's tonight but I'm sure I would fall asleep on the way there. See you all bright and early!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I hope you guys and gals have a awesome day! I'll be at work wishing I was on the line. Be safe and have fun!!

Indescribable shoot, Ill let someone who is much better with words tackle this one, and Ill chime in after.

I think the my personal highlight was my 2.5 yr old daughter was at my folks house (300ish yds from the shoot) she heard all the gun fire and went bonkers screaming, and clapping, and running towards the shoot. After a few feet of her running my mother jumped in front of here and said "your too little" I guess she pointed her finger right at my mom and said "I go shooting with MY daddy" and took off again. Ever since the end of the shoot she has been begging to go shooting.

PROUD PAPA.

lucky4034

Master
    Jan 14, 2012
    Congrats on a great shoot Alan! Can't thank you enough for hosting this event and WOW... The instructor crew was completely top notch!

3.5 hour drive home and I'm ready to collapse so this is all I have for now, but I wanted to get on here and let it be known that Joy and I had a great time with you all this weekend.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    Really upset I missed this one. I have been wanting to do Appleseed for a couple years. I have the equipment, and never get to use it. Most of the Appleseeds start too early in the morning for me though, and that is my one complaint.

RobbyMaQ

#BarnWoodStrong
    Site Supporter
    Mar 26, 2012
    Lizton
    Great shoot. Great pace. Great people. Great time.
    Hot weather. Rifleman's elbow, rifleman's knee (that's a first), I am suburned and sore.

Sooooo worth it!

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Really upset I missed this one. I have been wanting to do Appleseed for a couple years. I have the equipment, and never get to use it. Most of the Appleseeds start too early in the morning for me though, and that is my one complaint.

But it is so worth getting up for. My husband and I got up at 4:30 am to make it to Richmond in time. Unless you are working third shift.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I talked to some of you about this, but I ALWAYS wear a bandanna. I decided not to so I didn't look like a pirate in the pics. My for head has not seen sun in years, and I now have bursting blisters on my for head, and can't wear a bandanna. SO worth it, and I didn't even pull a trigger.

yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    Top Bottom