AA Optics is now a National Appleseed sponser (Kickoff event details inside)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Since doing my first appleseed a month ago Ive been looking for ways to help the Appleseed program more. Ive been talking to MR Brown since just before my first shoot, and we got all the details out for me to be a national Appleseed sponser.

As far as the National program goes any shooter nation wide who scores a 250 (not a easy task I know, but we had to make it challenging:D) at a Appleseed event will get a free 799 dollar Vortex PST 2.5-10 FFP/? from AA Optics.

For the Kickoff event we are doing a shoot at my place. The registration is up right now for laborday weekend.

Appleseed Schedule

Everyone will get free hats, shirts, etc. 10 of the 25 (assuming we have that much interest) shooters will get free scopes. The scopes will range in price from 119 dollars all the way up to 1 of the new PST 2.5-10 FFP scopes.

The scope giveaway list is as follows for this shoot

Crossfire 2-7 rimfire
    Crossfire 2-7 BDC
    Crossfire 3-9x40 BDC
    Crossfire 4-12x44 BDC
    Crossfire 4-12x40 AO/BDC
    Crossfire 6-18x44 AO/BDC

Diamondback 2-7 rimfire
    Diamondback 4-12x40 AO/bdc

Viper 4-12x40

PST 2.5-10 FFP/?

We still have some details to work out as far as how the scopes are given away, but we will come up with something interesting. None of the giveaway scopes will be score related, but Im toying with the idea of seeing how well you payed attention to the history section for the PST

Hope to see you there

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    WOW, indeed!

So, the way I read it, the list of scopes are for that specific event but the Vortex PST 2.5-10 FFP/ is up for grabs to anyone who scores 250. When does that opportunity take affect? Meaning, is that something that is possible at the KD shoot coming up at Atterbury June 15-16?

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    WOW, indeed!

So, the way I read it, the list of scopes are for that specific event but the Vortex PST 2.5-10 FFP/ is up for grabs to anyone who scores 250. When does that opportunity take affect? Meaning, is that something that is possible at the KD shoot coming up at Atterbury June 15-16?

Retracted. Sorry

Last edited:

JeepCrasher

Plinker
    Dec 6, 2011
    I just signed up for me and my pops for both days. We're both appleseed virgins and it sounds like a blast.

Later

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Amazing Generousity! Thank you very much.

I've never seen any one shoot a perfect score on a regular AQT, but have on the KD AQT because all hits in the black count.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    I hadnt really thought about when it takes effect, so ill make a executive decision and say it takes effect right now. Any shoot from this day forward (including Atterbury) that a 250 is scored the shooter gets a scope.

The list of scopes are specific to this event. The PST offer is good for other events.

I have to retract this statement. I thought atterburry was a KD shoot but scored just like any shoot. I didnt realize a hit was a hit.

Sorry for the confusion.

Hop

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Jan 21, 2008
    Indy
    There are scoring circles on the full size KD AQT targets. 32/40 in the black will get you a patch. A 250 on a KD is probably worth a Razor HD Gen II though right? :D

yellowhousejake

Sharpshooter
    Industry Partner
    May 25, 2009
    Greenfield
    Don't get caught up in the score at Atterbury, the lessons you learn there are not about the score.

I like the idea of getting the prize for answering questions.
    - A quiz maybe?
    - Answers in a hat and it has to be correct if it's drawn or we draw again?
    - Match names to places or names to strikes?
    - Tell us "who said it" when we give you a phrase?
    - Recite the safety rules verbatim should be a winner, as should recite safe rifle.

YHJ

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Don't get caught up in the score at Atterbury, the lessons you learn there are not about the score.

I like the idea of getting the prize for answering questions.
    - A quiz maybe?
    - Answers in a hat and it has to be correct if it's drawn or we draw again?
    - Match names to places or names to strikes?
    - Tell us "who said it" when we give you a phrase?
    - Recite the safety rules verbatim should be a winner, as should recite safe rifle.

YHJ

To be honest I'm going to rely on you a lot for how that plays out. Im sure we will talk between now and then.

Top Bottom