A Special Thanks to those Special People! You know who you are!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    Your post started out saying it was clear but then the rest of your post argued that it was not clear or consistent.

sigh

No, I posted that what Fenway WANTS is clear, but HOW it is being handled is inconsistent. Kinda like OC carry in Indiana. The law is clear, how LE handles it is not. Make sense?

jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN
    Hey now! Leave arse out of this, it done nothing wrong! Well it does smell sometimes.:dunno:

I understood what you were getting at Indy. I know Fenway wants to keep it generally clean here because he wants this to be a family oriented site. And I believe he understands that there are the occasional slip of the tongue(or slip of the keyboad) when something is being debated or what-not heavily and emotions are flowing. But I believe the issue has come to be such a Hot Button topic because of the repeat offenders. It is my assumption that Fenway and the Mods have the filter in place until they can come up with some kind of written definition in the rules atating what will be allowed and not allowed, and how many warnings until you are gone to keep these repeat offenders from constantly trying to push the envelope.

I just stated this topic to tell those offenders just how grateful I was!;)

Thumper

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2009
    South Indy
    I for one got an infraction with no warning.I was out of line with what i posted but i tried to work things out with the mods and was ignored before i was banned.No hard feelings here,Just a list of people i do not
    want to meet.

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    .I was out of line with what i posted but i tried to work things out with the mods and was ignored before i was banned.

Hmmm... That's not exactly how I remember the events leading up to your ban. I will ask the particular mod in question about it.

As for implementation between the mods, everyone wants the understanding and chumminess of a human, but the perfect implementation of a machine program. Right now what you have is a good mix of the two, but a perfect mix is just not possible.

This is my fourth job (Two full time jobs, Appleseed, then INGO) all of which comes after being a father of three and a wife who is tired of all the time I spend on those jobs. Trust me, all the mods are in the same boat. We do the best we can, and expect posters to help as well. Heck, we don't even see all the posts anymore given the size the site has grown to and rely on reports from all of you to help us catch stuff.

If the implementation is not perfect, please, cope. If you get an infraction, learn from it and/or PM with us. If you start getting warnings, listen to them. And, above all, if we ask you to stop poking, take a day off before the next poke.

We are as imperfect as everyone is but are working hard to make this site great and need all of your help to make it happen. And if you see us make a mistake, cope. If you see us make an infraction, report it. If you think we are completely off base then PM another mod.

But mostly, be patient and instead of getting caught up on silly stuff, go out into the board and have some fun.

Catmanjoe

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Denham
    I have a question pertaining to this topic, I opened a video and at the 5 sec. mark there was a rather vulgar use of the lord\'s name, my post was deleted and I was told it was because it was off topic. I did find out I guess I was mistaken for a member who was causing trouble and I can understand I guess as a new guy it did stick out, but my question is what is inappropriate? I consider that but I don\'t want to report stuff if it isn\'t. I don\'t want to seem like a whinner or troublermaker.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I for one got an infraction with no warning.I was out of line with what i posted but i tried to work things out with the mods and was ignored before i was banned.No hard feelings here,Just a list of people i do not
    want to meet.

Hey your banned....... but still posting......... hummm......

............ Heck, we don't even see all the posts anymore given the size the site has grown to and rely on reports from all of you to help us catch stuff...................

sshhhh! someone will catch on.. :D
    funny-pictures-cat-bag.jpg

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Oh, and FYI: a temp infraction IS a warning. The only thing lesser than that is when you see your post disappear or words edited out.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    but unfortunately when you make a blanket policy like this, I think it needs to be enforced equally.

I will agree with most of your post.

Totally 100% equal enforcement of ANYTHING is next to impossible. We can't enforce what we don't see, and we only see a portion of this entire site everyday, even with multiple Mods.

Here is what it boils down to: Police yourself, and only yourself. (spoken generally)

If you get an infraction, take it as a learning point and move on. Don't start pointing to everyone else who you think didn't get one. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't (for a multitude of reasons). If every member here would simply police themselves, we wouldn't have to do it for everyone.

Again, I will stress that INFRACTIONS DON'T MEAN ANYTHING. They are simply a tool we have to say "hello, you violated a rule, please don't do it again". Think of it as a structured PM template. I'm constantly amazed at how personal people take infractions. They act like its the worse thing ever.

Anyone here ever do a police ride-along? I think we need "Mod-alongs", where you come and sit next to me every evening and see all the silly stuff we Mods deal with on any given day. Just ask our two newest Mods, techres and shooter521-- even they couldn't believe what they saw "behind the scenes".

So, who wants to come surf INGO in my garage?? :D

Catmanjoe

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 5, 2009
    Denham
    I guess nobody saw my post, I had a bunch of nice people welcome me but it seems like you have to be here awhile before anybody even reads your post, OH Well I did get some great info about 22lr upper. THANK YOU Esrice!

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    So, who wants to come surf INGO in my garage?? :D

I'll bring the bacon. :rockwoot:

I must experience these egregious horrors that lie beneath the surface.

I want to slide around in the guts of INGO. To delve into the bowels of the system. Examine the "mud vein" of trashed posts if you will.

OK, I really just want to know what goes on in the top secret Team Room.:laugh:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I guess nobody saw my post, I had a bunch of nice people welcome me but it seems like you have to be here awhile before anybody even reads your post,

Its been 24 minutes since you posted that question. Don't jump the gun and assume people are ignoring you or your concerns. Threads maintain a certain flow, and abrupt questions in the middle take some time to get answered. Its the nature of the beast.

If it were me, I'd send a PM to the Mod who removed your post in question (if you know who it was) and ask them directly. That way you're much more likely to get a direct answer, rather than burying the question in this thread.

OH Well I did get some great info about 22lr upper. THANK YOU Esrice!

You're welcome!

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy

techres' and Shooter521's responses were something like when Neo (in 'The Matrix') was reborn and he had the moment of realization of what was 'real'. It was a great moment! (this was after, of course, we purged our super secret mod forum of anything with the words 'techres' or 'shooter521' :D)

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I'll bring the bacon. :rockwoot:

I must experience these egregious horrors that lie beneath the surface.

I want to slide around in the guts of INGO. To delve into the bowels of the system. Examine the "mud vein" of trashed posts if you will.

esrice's offer was icky enough, but you just had to take it to the next level...
    :n00b:
    ;)

Top Bottom