A Special Thanks to those Special People! You know who you are!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    techres' and Shooter521's responses were something like when Neo (in 'The Matrix') was reborn and he had the moment of realization of what was 'real'. It was a great moment! (this was after, of course, we purged our super secret mod forum of anything with the words 'techres' or 'shooter521' :D)

Oh, man! I just knew you did that. I figured the absence of all talk about either of us looked really, really.... suspicious.

As for the red/blue pill, yeah. Oh, yeah.

As for ridealongs the only thing like is was the chat room experiment and the night a ban happened while we were all in the chat room. I got to see the process of decision making even though I was not a mod. I was amazed at how much discussion & debate took place before a ban hammer ensued.

Too bad the chat room thing did not take off. I liked the idea.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I will agree with most of your post.

Totally 100% equal enforcement of ANYTHING is next to impossible. We can't enforce what we don't see, and we only see a portion of this entire site everyday, even with multiple Mods.

Here is what it boils down to: Police yourself, and only yourself. (spoken generally)

If you get an infraction, take it as a learning point and move on. Don't start pointing to everyone else who you think didn't get one. Maybe they did, maybe they didn't (for a multitude of reasons). If every member here would simply police themselves, we wouldn't have to do it for everyone.

Again, I will stress that INFRACTIONS DON'T MEAN ANYTHING. They are simply a tool we have to say "hello, you violated a rule, please don't do it again". Think of it as a structured PM template. I'm constantly amazed at how personal people take infractions. They act like its the worse thing ever.

Anyone here ever do a police ride-along? I think we need "Mod-alongs", where you come and sit next to me every evening and see all the silly stuff we Mods deal with on any given day. Just ask our two newest Mods, techres and shooter521-- even they couldn't believe what they saw "behind the scenes".

So, who wants to come surf INGO in my garage?? :D

I feel your pain, I used to mod chat rooms on IRC.

As to your statement that "Infractions don't mean anything"...well I have r'cvd 2 infractions since i joined, the first one said "0 Points" the 2nd one said 1 Point". I PMd the Mod that gave me the Infraction, another mod, and sent a msg via the "Contact Us" page and never got a response, so perhaps you can help.

What do the Points mean if the Infractions don't mean anything?

Inquiring minds want to know :popcorn:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    I'll come!!

Yee haw!!! I get to web surf naked in some else's house for a change!!

you-cannot-unsee-it1.jpg

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    What do the Points mean if the Infractions don't mean anything?

I'm surprised that the mod didn't respond. If it was me, I apologize. I try to respond to all such PM's. As for the points, vBulletin has some tools for auto-banning users that hit a certain infraction point level, but we don't use them.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I'm surprised that the mod didn't respond. If it was me, I apologize. I try to respond to all such PM's. As for the points, vBulletin has some tools for auto-banning users that hit a certain infraction point level, but we don't use them.

Phew! lol
    Thank you :yesway:

Top Bottom