A Special Thanks to those Special People! You know who you are!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jtmarine1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 15, 2009
    Lexington, IN
    fullmetaljacketcap.jpg

They're payin for it, You eat it!!!

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I think we should do both blanket parties!

agreed!!

I'm with you guys, them having to put in this content filter is just bothersome to us all. I wish these guys that just act like they are the main act of the show would just back it off and calm down so things can go back to normal. Sure we all like funny stuff and to laugh. But rules are rules, and if you don't follow them, eventually you are gonna get burned. :flamethrower:

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I am hopeful that at least the filter has been or will be tuned such that those things we carry pistols in are no longer censored such that a scale of model railroad items is removed and such that another term for donkey is asterisked out of the word for a group of students. The rest of it, I don't like but I can deal with it. That stuff is really annoying, though.

Mods: That INGO has come to this really sucks, but I appreciate all the work you guys put into this place. Thank you!

Blessings,
    Bill

concrete dog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 19, 2008
    Goshen
    i agree about the .01% getting a clue already.thanks to the mods and the work they do on here everyday it is still a good place to hang out.guess some just dont know how to let go of that thing called childhood.trust me i have alot of free time but no enough to dream up stupid versions of words that arent supposed to be used on here.MODS KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008

This tells me that there are a disturbing number of people on this board who think they are our Mommy's and Daddy's. There hasn't been that much language on this board. People who cannot handle one word here and there without seeking to control it cannot be trusted to not think they know how to control our firearms, also.

haldir

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2008
    Goshen
    I think Joe is partly right (If I understand him correctly). Certainly there are a few on here that need a good talking to about their language. But what kind of wusses are reporting posts to the mods as offensive? Maybe this is another one of those generational differences. If I tattled on someone when I was a kid, I got a whipping from my Mother. I wonder if these are the same people that get upset at the thought of Obama's wanting neighbors to rat on neighbors for criticizing his health care plan.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    There hasn't been that much language on this board.

Yes, there has been. If you haven't noticed, it's probably because the Mods cleaned it up before you read the post. The filter was put in place so that 1) there would be a universal standard with automatic enforcement, and 2) the Mods could spend their time on duties other than cleaning up language.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    (snip)
    But what kind of wusses are reporting posts to the mods as offensive?

I suspect that the problem has been taken care of...:rolleyes:

Make no mistake about it, you wanna go and push our buttons just to see what happens, I assure you that we'll push buttons back.
    The difference being that the button I push will be the "ban" button.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I'm gonna lay it out on the line, cuz that's what I do. Out of 5,090 members, there are about 5 that have ruined this for everyone. They know who they are. We asked that cursing be avoided, then we were taken to task on what defined a curse word. We then asked to keep it PG and we were taken to task over that definition. Then we laid out what words to avoid and those words kept coming up with creative spelling by the same .01% of members. It isn't that hard to be civilized and we have grown tired of having our buttons pushed. It is NOT in good fun and if it takes a software modification to get those 5 people to realize that, the so be it...

BTW, I love your new Avatar!!! it so fits, Thank you for your's and the rest of the Mods effort's, but I just had to laugh when I saw it.:bowdown::lmfao:

jennybird

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Martinsville, IN
    I'm amazed that this topic is still being discussed. Am I at the Department of Redundancy Department? :rolleyes:

Just keep it clean guys. It doesn't have to be this hard.

Top Bottom