A Special Thanks to those Special People! You know who you are!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    We are still having this problem?

Go play scabble or something. If you can use said four letter word as a noun, verb, adverb, adjective, and even as a conjunction you need some more education.

Now let's talk about guns!

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Trust me when I say several of us understand exactly where you are coming from. I have no want to have your job here. To many think of this place as a big top and themselves as the main attraction. What they fail realize is clowns are never main attractions, just distractions.

<------- Uh oh. :laugh:

Oh no! I hope it was a cheap bourbon...it would be a sin to mix a good one with..gulp...coke. However i haven't tried that through the nose way yet, I'm open to enjoying bourbon in new ways.

two words: "bourbon enema"

(don't recommend that as it's potentially fatal but whatever floats ur boat) :):

The language problem has appeared to subside a little but I did notice
    a lot of "Edited ~ Shooter521 reason language" at the bottom.

The filter should help that. They have a tough job and I think I would
    throw my hands up in the air after the first 100 or so.
    :ingo:

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    Wow thanks for the cheerful welcome I was just making a statement, why to make the new guy feel welcome.
    My apologies. I should have looked at your post count and realized you were new. You haven't been here for the "girls with guns" war.

Welcome.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    I've asked very nicely for everyone to watch their language on this board.

This is how I feel about the matter

Language

I want a family friendly forum. I feel that we have an obligation as Hoosier Gun Owners to present the best image possible. I'm not sure if many are aware of the kind of traffic we get here at INGO but we have people from around the State and around the world checking our community out daily. Keep in mind not all of these people are gun owners or even gun friendly. I want this to be the kind of site where a mother or father can browse with the next generation of Hoosier Gun Owners and not have to worry about the content they see here. I want someone who is not comfortable with firearms or maybe even a little scared of them to come here and feel at home. F bombs, inappropriate material, members fighting with one another etc is not what I want and can turn people off to this site or worst case scenario... turn newbies off to firearms in general. Let's try to take the high road and treat each other with respect. I realize most of the other gun boards on the web do not have language restrictions like we do here. We are not like other gun boards and I have a different vision. I ask that you watch your language on this board
    !

melduagun

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2009
    DEFINITION OF A CURSE WORD USED TO BE: A WORD THAT WHEN SAID IN THE PRESENCE OF YOUR MOTHER WOULD MAKE YOU WANT TO KICK BUTT. TODAY THERE ARE FEW OF THOSE MEN OR WOMEN LEFT. MANY MOTHERS TODAY USE THE SAME LANGUAGE AROUND THEIR CHILDREN. iN MY TEENS i ONCE BEAT THE STUFFING OUT OF A FOUL MOUTH FOR SAYING '"THE" FOUR LETTER WORD IN MY mothers presence.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Edit: This is not the beer thread. LOL.

But while I'm here:

I sincerely hope I haven't been a part of that .01% of the trouble makers...When I got an infraction for posting a video with innapropriate language, I wasn't even aware of the new policy, so I did have some slight issues(because I got an infraction for not checking the sites and suggestions everyday)...After the rules were explained to me I believe I toned it down, or at least I hope I did.

Last edited:

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I think I was this close to getting an infraction once ...:dunno:
    fingers2.jpg

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    In my opinion it is the inconstancy in the Infractions and Bans that is the problem here. The first post here contained the word arse. I has seen a$$ censored, yet it is in one of the icons below that is allowed.

:fawk::dumbass::wtf:

This word is allowed, that wordis not, this edited version is allowed, that one is not.

Yes, I realize this should be simple, Fenway has made it clear what he wants. However, the subjective of cursing is so subjective that what some see as a curse, some see as everyday language. I knew some people that were very hard core strict Christians, yet used the word s#!t. When I asked about it one said: "Son, when you are on a farm, you don't shovel "manure" you shovel s#!t!"

Personally, I think the Mods have to be on the same page here, and they aren't. This is not a slam on the Mods, this is just the nature of things, and as I stated above, the subjective nature of "cursing". I think matters are being made worse by this. I know some are getting frustrated when they get called out on a post, yet other posts are ignored. Yes, I realize this sounds childish on the surface, but unfortunately when you make a blanket policy like this, I think it needs to be enforced equally.

Just my :twocents:

Top Bottom