• ...and so much more!
  • Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    If you purchase or reload SPP .45 brass, you are the devil and not a friend to reloaders! No excuses! Just throw it away and we can probably eradicate its very existence! :xmad:

And :chuck:

That is all! :ingo:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I feel your pain Que. It's really frustrating to be cranking along with a batch of .45 in the 550 and then feel that hard crunch when you find a SPP case that was missed in sorting. SPP .45 brass is an awful idea.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Ah SPP 45 brass is to 45 acp reloaders like .380 and 38 super is to 9mm. Plugs up the press and wastes a primer.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    357 brass to 38 spl reloader.

Seriously? Where are you picking up revolver brass? Seems like people just dump it out in their hand instead of on the ground. The competition guys are all using moon clips so 100% brass recovery.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    If you purchase or reload SPP .45 brass, you are the devil and not a friend to reloaders! No excuses! Just throw it away and we can probably eradicate its very existence! :xmad:

And :chuck:

That is all! :ingo:

I agree with you 100% Que the SPP 45 are a pain in the rear. I run across them mostly with Blazer and Federal with the two dots on the head stamp.

After a while of sorting them my eyes start to play tricks on me and they all looks the same if I look at them one at a time. I have found it works better to grab 3-5 five at a time and play the which one looks different game.

Ah SPP 45 brass is to 45 acp reloaders like .380 and 38 super is to 9mm. Plugs up the press and wastes a primer.

A 10mm in the hopper when loading 40 sucks like a straw factory. It makes the case look like a musket and pushes up the decaping pin and you don't realize it until you try to seat a primer in a case that still has a spent primer in it. :xmad:

When sorting brass if I came across a 10mm it immediately went into the trash. I just recently started to save them for my good friend AllenM. That guy brings out the best in people.

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    Seriously? Where are you picking up revolver brass? Seems like people just dump it out in their hand instead of on the ground. The competition guys are all using moon clips so 100% brass recovery.

I tried to buy some 357 brass and was quoted $170 :faint:

I checked Starline and it can be bought new for $138 for 1000

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    10mm guys are easy to ID at the range. They are the ones on their hands and knees picking through the grass like gorillas.

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    At my local range, from time to time there are some seriously lazy shooters or new shooters that just leave the stuff on the ground, brand new brass. Heck I even found 45 Colt Brass left on the range.

Top Bottom