• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    Just pisses me off when you see ISIS driving around in our old equipment.....I would luv to have an H1, uparmored to go get groceries in....besides diesel is cheaper than gas this summer, so far

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Last edited:

1DOWN4UP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 25, 2015
    North of 30
    I thought the funding was thru the CIA. I don't know.....Oh my brain hurts.....Mabye NBC.....it had a C in it.

Last edited:

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    They're the ones that beat the drums to fund the insurgents, they need to own it.
    You act as if the republicans run the show with the current administration and Obama does nothing but passively operate the rubber stamp. I know you are pre-disposed to blaming the republicans by default but I think the Obama administration should own a major part along with the Libya debacle and let us not forget the hand her royal highness HRC had in all of this.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    You act as if the republicans run the show with the current administration and Obama does nothing but passively operate the rubber stamp. I know you are pre-disposed to blaming the republicans by default but I think the Obama administration should own a major part along with the Libya debacle and let us not forget the hand her royal highness HRC had in all of this.

Obama does share the blame, as I pointed out upthread. But funding comes from the republican led congress, unless the executive suddenly controls the purse strings. Obama asked for money, but the republican led congress was there beating the drums left and right for involvement in Syria (and Libya), too.
    Republicans implore Obama: Get off the sidelines on Syria issue; U.N. to visit attack site - Washington Times
    Republican House speaker backs Obama's call for Syria strike - Middle East - - Haaretz Daily Newspaper | Israel News
    GOP senators call for Special Forces in Iraq and Syria, as Obama officials plan Hill briefings - The Washington Post
    John McCain: Visit with Syrian rebels was 'moving' - Kevin Robillard - POLITICO.com
    McCain visits rebels in Syria ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Plenty of blame to go around, but money flows from congress, not the executive. The Pentagon planned it out and they all read the same briefings and went with it.

deal me in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 14, 2012
    Avon
    Trying to place the blame on one political party or the other is a mistake. It's a function of corrupt government. Why would anyone give two ****s about who is running Syria? The answer is money. Someone or some group of wealthy people (gulf state royalty/leadership or military contractors for example) has an interest in regime change and they pay our politicians to achieve it for them. That's why you'll find Hillary, Obama, McCain, and Lindsey Graham all on the same side.

Whether it's for the natural gas pipeline to Europe, or to make the region unstable in order to sell arms, or some other reason, it comes down to money in the end. The easy way to tell who is bought and paid for is to simply observe who supported Syrian regime change.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Trying to place the blame on one political party or the other is a mistake. It's a function of corrupt government. Why would anyone give two ****s about who is running Syria? The answer is money. Someone or some group of wealthy people (gulf state royalty/leadership or military contractors for example) has an interest in regime change and they pay our politicians to achieve it for them. That's why you'll find Hillary, Obama, McCain, and Lindsey Graham all on the same side.

Whether it's for the natural gas pipeline to Europe, or to make the region unstable in order to sell arms, or some other reason, it comes down to money in the end. The easy way to tell who is bought and paid for is to simply observe who supported Syrian regime change.

Well said. There is a reason why, once you take away the issues used to jab at people like abortion, guns, homosexuality, and illegal immigration, the teleprompter says the same thing regardless of who is reading it at any given time--and this trend has been absolutely unbroken since January 1989.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Iran launches anti-Isis cartoon competition 'to expose true nature of Islamic State' - Middle East - World - The Independent

Also, the AP is romanticizing ISIS.

CF8vulbWEAE5mvk.png:large

Last edited:

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    That's place is crazy, hope all gets better before it gets totally out of control

Unfortunately, as with all dangerous and chaotic situations, hope won't make it better. We learned early in the republic that there is only one way to deal wiht this, and, unfortunately, we no longer have the national fortitude to do it.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I find this highly unsurprising. Most of the claims of Islamic opposition to ISIS boil down to more opposition to who is doing it than to the action itself.

Voted (twice, just to see if I could... but had no idea what I picked). Needless to say, I don't put much faith in the validity of that poll.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012

He raises a good point. While Obama has much responsibility for his own insistence on arming these people and otherwise assisting them not only in Syria but also in Libya, the establishment Republicans went right along with him, for the first time in our history giving military assistance to complete strangers--complete strangers who turned out to be extremely hostile complete strangers, and we continued doing so even after discovering that we were arming the same organization we were fighting in Iraq.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    The family of one Australian IS member is looking to get the hell out and go back to Oz. They're likely to be facing prosecution (even the kids) if they do. The young son is one that was pictured holding a severed head in Syria. I'm thinking that even if they manage to make it out without IS killing them all they'd be better off in an Australian prison.

https://news.vice.com/article/famil...-head-reportedly-seeks-to-leave-islamic-state

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    Agreed. Australian justice with its 3 hots and a cot seems far more inviting than one hot by means of immolation with no cot required thereafter.

Top Bottom