• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    In this case it may be a "compromise" to not OC under certain circumstances in return for a compromise by the other party to do something that the compromiser may want at a later time.

Very true, but if you're going down that road, you'd at least hope that any delayed concession is understood and acceptable. Otherwise, that type of compromise really only works on a individual level — where you have trust between the parties. Between groups, I don't think it works.

It especially doesn't work where politics is involved. Among the folks who are against OC, you have a very large percentage who are anti-2am. Because of that, any request for concession on the part of OCers will be perceived as a loss of liberty with no associated gain. And it's with that thought in mind that we weigh our rights/liberties versus the comfort of others.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    It always seems that the only "compromise" we'd ever get is this: don't OC and we won't hassle you about OC'ing. That is not sufficient compromise to me.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    In this case it may be a "compromise" to not OC under certain circumstances in return for a compromise by the other party to do something that the compromiser may want at a later time.

Compromises don't necessarily have to result in an immediate concession but merely the expectation that a concession will be forthcoming on some other later issue.

The problem with this is that it is not a "compromise" at all. What is the OCer giving up? His right/ability to OC. What is the Offended Whiner giving up? Nothing.

You seem to think that it is understood that the OW (Offended Whiners) will grant concessions sometime in the future because we have been so willing to concede to their will now. I would ask: what 'concession' do you expect them to "grant' later? Will their concession be that they will ALLOW us to exercise a right or two? Perhaps they will allow us to CC if we promise to not load our handguns.

Your scenario has us GIVING UP our rights willingly NOW, based on the premise that by so doing, the OW (Offended Whiners) will, sometime in the future, ALLOW us to retain other rights. Not even that they promise to grant us our rights some indefinite time in the future, but solely because they SHOULD, in the spirit of compromise.

Ignoring the fact that they are a bunch of dishonest misanthropes who I wouldn't trust to babysit a brick, why would you willingly give up ANY of your rights today, in hopes that some group who has proven themselves dishonest, will allow you to keep what is already yours, at some undefined time in the future?

Would you allow a group of thugs to rape your wife today, because you believe that by appeasing them today, they will return the favor by not raping your son sometime later?

You are much more gregarious than I.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    wOW... y'all really like to carry this **** too far don't you. Allowing people to rape your wife is the same as CC over OC? That's one hell of a stretch there. A misguided one at that. Let's not be retarded.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    wOW... y'all really like to carry this **** too far don't you. Allowing people to rape your wife is the same as CC over OC? That's one hell of a stretch there. A misguided one at that. Let's not be retarded.

Fine. Then let's not compromise over some misguided idea that we'll someday get something out of it. Because we most assuredly will NOT.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    Or, and I know this is a stretch, we can use REALISTIC comparisons to get our point across. But then, that wouldn't be ingo now would it? I mean, if you're not hardcore, OC all the time **** the TSA, **** the gov't and **** all cops in here I would think I clicked on the wrong forum.

No, that's not purple for a reason.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Or, and I know this is a stretch, we can use REALISTIC comparisons to get our point across. But then, that wouldn't be ingo now would it? I mean, if you're not hardcore, OC all the time **** the TSA, **** the gov't and **** all cops in here I would think I clicked on the wrong forum.

No, that's not purple for a reason.

A little light reading suggestion......

carebooktr.jpg

Fitch

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2011
    Indianapolis (Westside)
    I am sorry about my absence on INGO, but I am in the middle of a child custody battle with my ex-wife and this is consuming a lot of my time. I do have an update. My brother has filed a report with IMPD's Internal Affair's division and has been assured that they will investigate this incident. We are simply awaiting the outcome of their investigation.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am sorry about my absence on INGO, but I am in the middle of a child custody battle with my ex-wife and this is consuming a lot of my time. I do have an update. My brother has filed a report with IMPD's Internal Affair's division and has been assured that they will investigate this incident. We are simply awaiting the outcome of their investigation.

Well there we have an update. It will be interesting to see how many more pages can be added to this thread until the disposition of the complaint is announced.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy

I was assured that as well...in fact, they were on the news saying they were reviewing it...BULL!!!

Protest: Families walk downtown with guns on belts and backs - fox59.com

Mordred

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Um im not sure why everyone is in a fuss over this. The police did exactly what they are supposed to do. Carrying an open firearm into circle mall...seriously? What an idiot.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Indeed they are...I am just using my experience, letting him know his efforts may very well be useless going through the IMPD channels...either pony up attorney fees, or accept the fact IMPD abuses the citizenry with no accountability.

Yeah I edited it because I realized afterwards what you were getting at.. I like how the officer that was interviewed basically said we want you to surrender your rights until a later safer point in time is available to complain... that sounds a bit off.

snowman46919

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2010
    Marion
    Um im not sure why everyone is in a fuss over this. The police did exactly what they are supposed to do. Carrying an open firearm into circle mall...seriously? What an idiot.

They did not do exactly what they are supposed to do and that is why everyone is fired up. Even an IMPD officer offered to look into this because it seemed so out in left field.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    Yeah I edited it because I realized afterwards what you were getting at.. I like how the officer that was interviewed basically said we want you to surrender your rights until a later safer point in time is available to complain... that sounds a bit off.

That's the mentality..."we don't care about your rights...we think you're a criminal until proved otherwise"

Top Bottom