• ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    FTFY...:D

1195437989469106298liftarn_Police_brutality.svg.med.png
    Stay down, if you know what is good stay down.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    WHY WON'T THIS THREAD DIE!?!?!?!?!!?!?!??!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Because the membership demanded that the mods not close threads, just give out bans when called for. So we get some threads that just will not go away.

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Don't hold your breath!
    Check out the OP's other threads.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/search.php?searchid=3587894
    Three threads started.
    All three are "stories"
    OP posts, makes a token followup post or two and then bails leaving the rest of INGO to argue and fume over his plight.
    Smells Trollish to me.

Well the other day I was approached at the gas station by a police car and ordered to follow him to a house. I was OC'ing at the time and I'm sure there's a record of the interaction. Ok guys, I'm bowing out of this thread now. Please argue, gouge eyes, pull hair, and speculate wildly. :D

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    Well the other day I was approached at the gas station by a police car and ordered to follow him to a house. I was OC'ing at the time and I'm sure there's a record of the interaction. Ok guys, I'm bowing out of this thread now. Please argue, gouge eyes, pull hair, and speculate wildly. :D

Yeah, I think I'm with him. Someone please let me know if the OP shows back up, cool?

UncleMike

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    NE area of IN

:yesway:

Sgt Rock

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    Avon, IN
    Remember the OC event at the City Market? 6 held, 1 HANDCUFFED, all guns openly and publically, unholstered and emptied. The reason we were given? "Officer safety", "I just want to go home tonight". Really?? Like I don't? You took that right AWAY from me by disarming me but you kept YOURSELF safe, didn't you? Hmmmm.

LTCH's all around, everybody got "ran" and "You're good to go", half hour later. So now, we're all in the police "system" for doing absolutely nothing but planning lunch in a public place.

I know you have a difficult and often dangerous job, but I'm one of the good guys.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    The problem with "compromise" in this situation is that it isn't a compromise at all in reality.

Sam wants to OC, as is his right.

Ralph gets offended by OCing, and demands that it not be done.

Sam stops OCing to placate Ralph.

Where's the "compromise?" Sam has willingly given up his right to OC, at least under certain conditions.

Ralph hasn't given up ANYTHING, and has essentially forced his will on Sam.

Sam's rights have been nibbled away, since he will no longer OC under certain conditions.

I'm not suggesting that anyone should compromise IN A PUBLIC PLACE. I think I already said that in my post above...

but...

It is anyone's right to choose what that individual will be willing to give up at any point in time.

In this case it may be a "compromise" to not OC under certain circumstances in return for a compromise by the other party to do something that the compromiser may want at a later time.

Compromises don't necessarily have to result in an immediate concession but merely the expectation that a concession will be forthcoming on some other later issue.

"Compromise" is not the problem. It's a necessary concept in a civilized society.

You're not willing to compromise on this isue. That's OK. Some may be. That's OK too as long as they don't expect EVERYONE else to compromise like they have.

Top Bottom