• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmabrey

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    I'm saying that it is better for society as a whole when everyone willingly gives a LITTLE from both sides of an issue.

And they need to learn to compromise a little as well. Whether that be they don't know of more than one or they just ignore it.

Compromise. I swear, does no one give to help your neighbor? None? Have we become the "**** you if it is not what I want" type of society? I sure hope not.

Do you live in 2011, or are you stuck in the 1800's :dunno:

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Does anyone know what happened with this guys brother? I got tired of paging through all the *****ing and B.S. Wow this thread really went to crap fast. Is it always this tense here????:tantrum:

Tense? Aww heck, you ought to see them when they get wound up about something!

:rockwoot:

KCJarman

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    Noblesville
    :rockwoot::ingo: Wow, this is the first thread I have read here at INGO and I feel like I have watched a two hour chick flick. Guy gets man handled by LEO's, another guy gets the ban hammer:owned: and at least 4 others have their feelings hurt.

The only difference between this and a chick flick is that my wife isn't crying beside me and I don't have a sore spot on my ass for sitting too long.

Since no one really reads the intro's lets consider this my formal introduction to INGO. Let the ranting continue as a I watch this horribly off-topic thread continue.

Oh, and I :welcome: myself to a great community of like minded individuals. Wait, is this the right place? Is this the "gun toting, don't give a crap if it's open or CC - as long as it's yours and you have the pink card in your pocket" forum????

:popcorn:

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    :rockwoot::ingo: Wow, this is the first thread I have read here at INGO and I feel like I have watched a two hour chick flick. Guy gets man handled by LEO's, another guy gets the ban hammer:owned: and at least 4 others have their feelings hurt.

The only difference between this and a chick flick is that my wife isn't crying beside me and I don't have a sore spot on my ass for sitting too long.

Since no one really reads the intro's lets consider this my formal introduction to INGO. Let the ranting continue as a I watch this horribly off-topic thread continue.

Oh, and I :welcome: myself to a great community of like minded individuals. Wait, is this the right place? Is this the "gun toting, don't give a crap if it's open or CC - as long as it's yours and you have the pink card in your pocket" forum????

:popcorn:

You are in the wrong place, this is the my way is the only way forum!:)

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    Unlike the majority of the people here, I am still hopeful for humanity. When I lose my hope, I am done. For what else is there but hope? I'm not ready to throw in the towel on mankind.

I think you may be misunderstanding the position. It's not that we've given up on humanity. It's more a case of resenting our being asked to compromise and change our entire way of life based on the crying of some namby-pamby weaklings who are so sheepified they get their panties all twisted up at the mere sight of a firearm. We find it to be ridiculous, and see no need to accomodate a crybaby. It's like giving a kid a candy bar in the hope that it will make him STFU about the box of candy bars. He'll be back later for another one because he's learned that if he cries enough, someone will compromise with him in the interest of civility, and eventually he'll eat that whole box of candy bars.

We aren't the ones in the wrong here, either morally or practically, and we resent any implication that we are. Besides, if the last 30 years of watching our political process at work has taught me anything it's this: the more you compromise the more you lose. We're tired of losing our candy bars one at a time, and it's become time to put our foot down and say "enough is enough." Our need to NOT compromise on this particular issue goes far deeper than the crybaby's need for civility. I hope you can appreciate that.

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    So, bottom line: Compromise all YOU want but don't make it a LAW that OTHERS have to compromise along with you. If you don't like my speech in a public place, leave. If you don't like the OC of a gun in a public place, leave.

The problem with "compromise" in this situation is that it isn't a compromise at all in reality.

Sam wants to OC, as is his right.

Ralph gets offended by OCing, and demands that it not be done.

Sam stops OCing to placate Ralph.

Where's the "compromise?" Sam has willingly given up his right to OC, at least under certain conditions.

Ralph hasn't given up ANYTHING, and has essentially forced his will on Sam.

Sam's rights have been nibbled away, since he will no longer OC under certain conditions.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    The problem with "compromise" in this situation is that it isn't a compromise at all in reality.

Where's the "compromise?" Sam has willingly given up his right to OC, at least under certain conditions.

Sam's rights have been nibbled away, since he will no longer OC under certain conditions.

Don't do it Sam!!!

SirRealism

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008

The compromise is that Ralph doesn't require that Sam give up his guns completely. :dunno:

BTW, I love the choice of names in your example — rife with symbolism. :D http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOSuhxFo76o

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    The compromise is that Ralph doesn't require that Sam give up his guns completely. :dunno:

BTW, I love the choice of names in your example — rife with symbolism. :D

No, the compromise is Sam can still CC. He still has his guns. he still carries them with him. They're just not out in the open. To paraphrase a movie line.... a Person is smart. People are stupid. What they don't see, they can't ***** about.

Now... with that said I'm not telling anyone to do anything. I'm merely stating the way I personally do things. I CC, and I do so for a multitude of reasons. I will not OC. Period. It's somethign I choose to not do. That's what I choose, you choose what you want.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    No, the compromise is Sam can still CC. He still has his guns. he still carries them with him. They're just not out in the open. To paraphrase a movie line.... a Person is smart. People are stupid. What they don't see, they can't ***** about.

Now... with that said I'm not telling anyone to do anything. I'm merely stating the way I personally do things. I CC, and I do so for a multitude of reasons. I will not OC. Period. It's somethign I choose to not do. That's what I choose, you choose what you want.
    To clarify, who cares that OC and CC are both legally recognized forms of carry. A person can carry in the manner that you approve.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy

Sam would be compromising some of the very reasons he OC's...reaction time, deterrent, comfort to name a few...I would not compromise.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I really don't know why I even bothered. 99.8% of everything I've said went flipping past most of y'alls heads at about 35k feet moving 540 knots. Hell, ya never even knew it was there.

Top Bottom