• ...and so much more!
  • KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    Okay. Pics ready. I tried to amend my post above but it wouldn't let me. I hate Windows 8.

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr332/BigWaveDave46902/20141104_160847_zpsec49c94f.jpg

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr332/BigWaveDave46902/20141104_160908_zps965c4cdd.jpg

http://i497.photobucket.com/albums/rr332/BigWaveDave46902/20141104_1609301_zpsef7904f0.jpg Ramped bolt so the notched hammer isn't required

Obviously this is a special YHM upper since it is threaded 1/2 X 28 and 1-10" to allow the Noveske KX-3 Flaming Pig to mount or the suppressor of your choice. It is wearing a UTG free float with Larue clips and LMT sights.
    This unfired upper and the lightly fired rifle upper is going to be for sale at the Kokomo gunshow with 12 modified 32rd magazines, pouches and Magpul machinegun tabs + Promag & Hahn adapter blocks, pistol buffer and tube with cover, 9mm bolt stop, etc (Blatant sales ad...heh-heh).

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    Ive been wanting to do a AR pistol build with the Sig brace. I had decided on a 10.5" build in 5.56 but have really been liking the idea of doing it in 9mm. Little cheaper ammo and such and to have something a little different. My question to those who have the 9mm ARs are they reliable? what should I look for as far as the lower goes? Any other info that could help a guy out! Thanks fellas!

The ammo is cheaper but the build won't be. I've lost track of how much I have in my 9mm now SBR.

Mine has been 99.9% reliable.

I'd look for the roll mark/brand lower you like and go from there.

I use the Spikes mag block and highly recommend them. I only use the Colt patterned Metalform and Spikes mags. I also have a CMMG ramped bolt. I believe these three things make a good running 9mm AR.

CMMG makes good stuff and I almost went with them for all my parts.

I've heard good things about RRA but don't have any personal experience.

I won't buy anything Promag, I don't care how cheap it is.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    My Colt 6450 has been completely flawless in operation. It easily my most favorite AR to shoot. I guess I lucked out at the time by picking up a LEO/Restricted rollmark as some find it more desirable which I think is dumb. I exclusively use Metalform mags as the UZI converted mags seem to have dried up($25 a pop now). I wouldn't mind picking up a flat-top 6951 to add to the collection.

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County
    My Colt 6450 has been completely flawless in operation. It easily my most favorite AR to shoot. I guess I lucked out at the time by picking up a LEO/Restricted rollmark as some find it more desirable which I think is dumb. I exclusively use Metalform mags as the UZI converted mags seem to have dried up($25 a pop now). I wouldn't mind picking up a flat-top 6951 to add to the collection.

I'm not a Colt Collector but a Colt 9mm AR is one I want.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I have the Colt 9mm AR, (6430) have had it for years, no problems at all, never used anything other than the Colt 25 and 32 rd mags.

Last edited:

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Now that Palmetto has a 9mm rifle kit, I wonder how soon a 8-10" pistol kit (or upper) will follow: (a $600 build kit is pretty tempting)

newar9mmriflekit_new.jpg

PSA 16" 9mm Melonite 1:10 Rifle Kit

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I have an RRA 9mm carbine and it runs perfect .

I have the RRA 9mm too. It runs great. The factory mags work good and of course the colt and metalform mags run perfectly.

I use a Colt 9mm and HK MP5 SMG for work and no problems with th MP5 but with the Colt some JHP ammo it is iffy. The problem is on some designs th cavity gets caught up on the feed ramp Federal 9bp is the worst . Longer bullets/ogive.s like silvertips work better. With ball ammo Zero issues.

I have:
    CMMG 9mm 16" AR, it's been 100%.

CMMG complete 9mm. 100%

Mine is almost all Rock River, ...It's ran 100% reliable, ... I only use Metalform mags now, found the C-Products and Pro-Mag ones to be less reliable.

Mine has been 99.9% reliable.

My Colt 6450 has been completely flawless in operation.

I have the Colt 9mm AR, (6430) have had it for years, no problems at all, never used anything other than the Colt 25 and 32 rd mags.

But 9mm ARs are so unreliable! Or so I'm always told. Then we learn people saying that have experiences w/ Oly or some abomination that uses glock mags*.

"Colt pattern" + metalform mags = a working 9mm carbine.

-rvb

*The JP 9mm is new and uses glock mags. I have no experience w/ it and have yet to hear from anyone w/ experience w/ it. I guess If anyone can make glock mags work in an AR it would be them.... I'd want to hear good reports from lots of folks before I left the colt pattern, IMO.

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    But 9mm ARs are so unreliable! Or so I'm always told. Then we learn people saying that have experiences w/ Oly or some abomination that uses glock mags*.

"Colt pattern" + metalform mags = a working 9mm carbine.

-rvb

*The JP 9mm is new and uses glock mags. I have no experience w/ it and have yet to hear from anyone w/ experience w/ it. I guess If anyone can make glock mags work in an AR it would be them.... I'd want to hear good reports from lots of folks before I left the colt pattern, IMO.

Just wait a bit, I'm going to order one for Christmas ;)

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I think I may go with a dedicated 9mm lower. From what Ive read they can make life a little easier. Anyone of you guys run a dedicated 9mm lower or are you guys just using a regular stripped lower with mag block?

midget

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 2, 2010
    Leo
    I think I may go with a dedicated 9mm lower. From what Ive read they can make life a little easier. Anyone of you guys run a dedicated 9mm lower or are you guys just using a regular stripped lower with mag block?

I used a mag block when I was doing it. I would rather have a dedicated lower. Call JP and see if they are selling their glock lower yet.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I think if a guy could get a dedicated lower it would make life a bit easier, not to mention those mags blocks are pretty pricey from what Ive seen. So maybe a guy would be money ahead just buying the dedicated one.....

dave29

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jul 8, 2009
    Lawrenceburg

I have a dedicated lower. I have never used a mag block, but they seem hit and miss from what I have read.

Jbiggs556

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    My buddy has a colt 9mm it seems to run great the only problem Ive noticed is that the mags are somewhat of a problem but no worse than a cheap GI metal mag for 5.56. The new offerings that accept a Glock mag seem like the way to go to me.

Top Bottom