• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    I repeat, no problems here with my Spikes mag block and metalform mags. It's also nice to know I can pull the block and have a multi caliber SBR.

ditto w/ my colt mag block. and ditto on the SBR comment. mine is actually registered for 9mm, .223, and .22LR (there was a time when you could register multiple calibers), not that it really matters.

-rvb

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    I repeat, no problems here with my Spikes mag block and metalform mags. It's also nice to know I can pull the block and have a multi caliber SBR.

+1. For a long time, I was looking at one of the dedicated lower that took glock mags (so i didnt have to buy a whole bunch of new mags), but the ability to just swap a new upper on my sbr and throw in a mag block made me not want to get a dedicated 9 lower anymore

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Same here, although my build is almost identical to his as far as the internals go. :thumbsup:

wesnellans

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Oct 6, 2012
    Marshall County
    I've got a RRA 9mm LAR-9 CAR A4. I've got the one mag it came with (modified UZI mag, I'm told), plus the extra RRA mag I ordered from RRA (Colt SMG style?).

To date (admittedly low round count), approx 500 rounds with only one bobble - which came from WWB 115gr. I chalked it up to WWB's somewhat anemic loading trying to cycle that large bolt assy.

Been great fun for the whole family - very little felt recoil, and pretty doggone quiet report, too.

DaKruiser

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 6, 2010
    Morgan Co.
    9mm AR's suck! What use do they have? :whistle:

Really, mine is easily one of my favorites, it's definitely been shot the most lately. I had some problems early on with a first gen Hahn mag block, I sent it back to Hahn and got the new gen 7 block, it's been gtg since. I will only buy the Metal Form mags for now on, they are well worth the $40!

magic man

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    31   0   1
    Mar 7, 2010
    NWI
    Guess I'll throw a picture of mine up just cause.:): Mine has ran perfectly with the Spike's mag block and metalform mags.

Ljungman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Lake Superior
    Im kinda surprised no one has mentioned the lone wolf glock lowers. They are available, affordable and take all your already purchased glock magazines..Their website states the Korean 33rnd mags dont fit or work. I beg to differ...a little filing and they work just fine. Guess you always need the disclaimer for those less mechanically inclined. The upper is a no brand name cheap'o upper and bolt/carrier set..and runs like a top. only hang ups are on some brands of hollow point...seems the cavity hangs up a bit. however...no major issues and very reliable for under 900 with sights.

wolfman6

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Had a old Colt 9mm and it ran like a champ with colt mags. Wish I still had it, but just had to trade it for something new.

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    OK....I am onto my next project gun and it happens to be a 9mm AR. This thread has been very helpful. Just need some more pointers.

I think I have decided to go with the new Quarter Circle 10 Glock Small Frame Lower for my build. I am a Glock guy and already have plenty of the 33rd stick mags. Plus I do like the last-round-bolt-hold-open feature that they have over the Lone Wolf lowers.

I understand that I need to get my BCG milled in order to work with the Glock mags.

My questions is more about uppers....I am looking to buy one complete. Prefer 10" barrel or shorter. Anyone have a suggestion?

Bearclaw

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Anderson
    Following this thread with great interest as I am looking to build one. Do any of you have any after market triggers in yours? I have redy some where that they don't work good for some reason with 9mm. I was looking at just getting a ACT trigger for my lower. Or should I just stick with a standard LPK?

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Following this thread with great interest as I am looking to build one. Do any of you have any after market triggers in yours? I have redy some where that they don't work good for some reason with 9mm. I was looking at just getting a ACT trigger for my lower. Or should I just stick with a standard LPK?
    In my new one I have a LMT trigger. I do not like it and it's soon to be replaced. The other had a cmmg trigger and I liked it very much. I'll probably buy a Geiselle though. I like them in my other ar that has one.

JollyMon

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2012
    Westfield, IN
    Has anyone picked up on of the PSA build kits for a 9mm? have been toying around with maybe purchasing one, but since they are relatively new to their line, not sure what experiences people have had.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    Has anyone picked up on of the PSA build kits for a 9mm? have been toying around with maybe purchasing one, but since they are relatively new to their line, not sure what experiences people have had.
    I did. And the mag block would not fit in an anderson lower. And it was extremely tight in a psa lower.no range report, but it looks to be well made. Ill update later.

OneBadV8

Stay Picky my Friends
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Aug 7, 2008
    Ft Wayne
    Stag Arms is making dedicated 9mm guns now. Maybe they have for a while, I'm not sure but just noticed them.

Top Bottom