• Status
    Not open for further replies.

spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    Would the liberals on this thread please tell me how I can not pay taxes and get away with it? I've paid a lot of taxes over the years and would like to stop.

CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    You know, that isn't too far off from the plan he proposed early in the primaries.

He lost almost a billion dollars. Or half his net worth at the time. His advisors counciled him that his leverage and projections were based on faulty math. He went forward and failed anyway. He declared bankruptcy to avoid loosing the rest of his inheritance.

I think that calls into question his "genius" and business acumen. And that's what he's basing his qualifications on.

So the worst is out there. He's a bad businessman. A poor steward of his family fortunes. And he sucks as a fiduciary.

Why then, still refuse to release the tax returns? I suspect because there are additional complexities with foreign powers that he doesn't want exposed. Or the facade of his enormous wealth is apparent from the returns.

I won't consider voting for him until he releases his tax returns.
    And those of you who will, don't remember "you got to vote for it to find out what's in it".
    That strategy hasn't worked well for any of us. I'm not buying another pig in a poke.

At least it was his to lose...........unlike Hillary and Whitewater. How much did that scam cost us tax payers?

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Oakriver, David just ignores the points he is obviously wrong on. You can't argue with a liberal because they are a moving target
    I just want to give him a fair opportunity to address my concerns in case they were overlooked in his exchanges with other members

Would the liberals on this thread please tell me how I can not pay taxes and get away with it? I've paid a lot of taxes over the years and would like to stop.
    Step 1; start a charitable foundation

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    You know, that isn't too far off from the plan he proposed early in the primaries.

He lost almost a billion dollars. Or half his net worth at the time. His advisors counciled him that his leverage and projections were based on faulty math. He went forward and failed anyway. He declared bankruptcy to avoid loosing the rest of his inheritance.

I think that calls into question his "genius" and business acumen. And that's what he's basing his qualifications on.

So the worst is out there. He's a bad businessman. A poor steward of his family fortunes. And he sucks as a fiduciary.

Why then, still refuse to release the tax returns? I suspect because there are additional complexities with foreign powers that he doesn't want exposed. Or the facade of his enormous wealth is apparent from the returns.

I won't consider voting for him until he releases his tax returns.
    And those of you who will, don't remember "you got to vote for it to find out what's in it".
    That strategy hasn't worked well for any of us. I'm not buying another pig in a poke.
    So in the interests of consistency you will not be voting for Hilary either until she releases those 30,000+ emails?

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    You won't vote for Trump over concerns about "additional complexities with foreign powers" but you apparently have no problem with Hillary, who is pretty much owned by big donors to the Clinton Family Foundation many of which are foreign powers, being elected? Hillary has already sacrificed the lives of 4 Americans to protect the business interests of a financial backer, lied about the reason for the attacks to protect her political party and career, and put national security at risk in order to use position to seek donations to her fraudulent charity and you are concerned about Trump's taxes?

you're putting words in my mouth.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You won't vote for Trump over concerns about "additional complexities with foreign powers" but you apparently have no problem with Hillary, who is pretty much owned by big donors to the Clinton Family Foundation many of which are foreign powers, being elected? Hillary has already sacrificed the lives of 4 Americans to protect the business interests of a financial backer, lied about the reason for the attacks to protect her political party and career, and put national security at risk in order to use position to seek donations to her fraudulent charity and you are concerned about Trump's taxes?

OutdoorDad never endorsed Hillary in his post. It's possible to be critical of both candidates at the same time.

There's no need for "But Hillary" in these conversations.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I take umbrage with Hillary's new slams on Trump "not paying his taxes". If his tax burden was $0, and he paid $0, then by definition he paid his taxes.

Don't blame Trump that tax code is a mess and full of loopholes. She's had 16 years of influencing two Presidents and what did she do to fix it? Oh yeah - make it worse. Do you know how much Obamacare ****s up tax returns?

Now as to Trump's charity - yeah that seems pretty shady.

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    Well the other main party candidate has a charity that donated millions to her

Citations, please.

, funneled money from oppressive regimes in a pay to play scheme,

Citations, please

and sold uranium to the Russians.

We sold the rights, not the actual uranium. The US is a net-importer of uranium, and, until very recently, the US was buying large amounts of plutonium from Russia for disposal.

So one candidate may have done business with these regimes (which is part and parcel of business in those countries), and the other did actual high level political favors for those regimes.

Again, we won't know without seeing Trump's taxes.

Why are you making excuses for one and not the other?

Because one has released their taxes, one has not.

So after how many generations should the wealth these people created and passed to their families be forfeited?

It should begin with the first, and several billionaires are on record as stating their heirs will have to make it on their own: Gates, Buffett, Perot, Omidyar, etc.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    It should begin with the first, and several billionaires are on record as stating their heirs will have to make it on their own: Gates, Buffett, Perot, Omidyar, etc.

Billionaires are entitled to do with their money whatever they wish, that's called freedom. If they want to donate it rather than leave it to their children that is their choice. You trying to decide for them is not freedom. In fairness, you've never claimed your positions to have anything to do with freedom so maybe you're aware already.

Stealing money from people isn't freedom.

Fizzerpilot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 28, 2016
    Avon
    So, did Trump do anything illegal? Or did he do what we ALL do, and look for the most creative ways to avoid handing over money to the government?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    So, did Trump do anything illegal? Or did he do what we ALL do, and look for the most creative ways to avoid handing over money to the government?

Pretty much the latter.

Although, there's a fair number of people in this thread saying, "so what?" because it's Trump and would raise holy hell if it was Hillary paying no taxes.

And there's some in this thread trolling.

:coffee:

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Although, there's a fair number of people in this thread saying, "so what?" because it's Trump and would raise holy hell if it was Hillary paying no taxes.

I say "so what" not because it is Trump, but because it isn't much of a story. He used the same tax rules that anyone else would have. It isn't "creative", it is expected.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    Citations, please.

Citations, please

We sold the rights, not the actual uranium. The US is a net-importer of uranium, and, until very recently, the US was buying large amounts of plutonium from Russia for disposal.

Again, we won't know without seeing Trump's taxes.

Because one has released their taxes, one has not.

Speaking of citations, your first is the compromised Politifact, while your second is Russia Today.
    Thanks for playing, though.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Speaking of citations, your first is the compromised Politifact, while your second is Russia Today.
    Thanks for playing, though.

So does INGO need to come up with a community "allowed sources" repository, so we can stop using "your source sucks, therefore the point you're trying to make sucks" argument?

Not referring to you specifically, but seeing a lot of this lately.

A sucky source can still provide truthful information... so best to follow it up with more sources.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    So does INGO need to come up with a community "allowed sources" repository, so we can stop using "your source sucks, therefore the point you're trying to make sucks" argument?

Not referring to you specifically, but seeing a lot of this lately.

A sucky source can still provide truthful information... so best to follow it up with more sources.

For this case specifically, it's particularly ironic, both because Mr. 140 feigns concern about Trump's connections with Russia, and also because of this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RT_(TV_network)
    "RT, originally Russia Today, is a television network funded by the Russian government.["

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom