Not open for further replies.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    In her capacity as Senator from New York, she was working on behalf of ALL her constituents to obtain funding for relief. Just as EVERY Rep, Senator, Governor, etc. does after a disaster.

And, as has been pointed out, it appears Trump paid no personal taxes during that time.

Hillary released her taxes, so charitable donations - above and beyond what she was required to pay - should be easy to check.

This makes me believe you really don't understand the point. Kaine tried to make a moral argument about Trump's taxes, that somehow him not paying taxes makes him immoral and Hillary in her capacity as Senator worked to obtain funding, makes her more moral. Collecting other people's money isn't any more moral than Trump legally having a zero tax liability is immoral.

Now, if you want to say Hillary is more charitable than Trump then you can cite both their charitable donations (if Trump ever does release his tax records) and make that case. But Kaine's bait-n-switch is nonsense.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    It's not the loophole; it's the SIZE OF THE LOSS. When has Hillary lost $900M in her personal holdings? Remeber, we're discussing Trump's PERSONAL taxes for 1995.

Don't baffle him with reality. He's in is own liberal bubble spewing liberal MSM babble on a primarily conservative forum. And he's having a good time (and a hard time) trying to convince us his point of view is correct. And failing to do so. I am enjoying it.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    85   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Don't baffle him with reality. He's in is own liberal bubble spewing liberal MSM babble on a primarily conservative forum. And he's having a good time (and a hard time) trying to convince us his point of view is correct. And failing to do so. I am enjoying it.

That was someone else's quote. I think his. I was trying to redirect him back to my post #221 which is the one post that matters.

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    What people do with their wealth is none of your business. Those who try to make it their business are the ones jealous of what others have.
    Now that I've went back to reread #221, I will posit, that indeed he makes other people's wealth redistribution his business, not because of jealousy, but because that's the only way for him to get a raise!

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    Now that I've went back to reread #221, I will posit, that indeed he makes other people's wealth redistribution his business, not because of jealousy, but because that's the only way for him to get a raise!

Congress has ensured I haven't got a "raise" (AKA, a "Cost-of-Living-Adjustent") in since 2014. Social Security recipients didn't get one in 2016, and 2017 isn't looking good.

But go ahead, white-knight the "billionaire" who hasn't paid personal taxes for 18 years. YOU paid more than Trump!!!

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Congress has ensured I haven't got a "raise" (AKA, a "Cost-of-Living-Adjustent") in since 2014. Social Security recipients didn't get one in 2016, and 2017 isn't looking good.

But go ahead, white-knight the "billionaire" who hasn't paid personal taxes for 18 years. YOU paid more than Trump!!!
    I pay more than a lot of people, less than a lot of people. I find every legal way I can to pay even less, I also pay others to do the same on my behalf. As to COLA, at least somebody is trying to keep spending down. How much more do you, (the Democratic/quasiCommunist you) think I need to give, and how much more of my children's inheritance would be fair to be taken away and doled out to non-producers, before there is a stop?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I pay more than a lot of people, less than a lot of people. I find every legal way I can to pay even less, I also pay others to do the same on my behalf. As to COLA, at least somebody is trying to keep spending down. How much more do you, (the Democratic/quasiCommunist you) think I need to give, and how much more of my children's inheritance would be fair to be taken away and doled out to non-producers, before there is a stop?

You're asking someone who lives off of the backs of everyone else yet has the audacity to ***** about how much someone else doesn't pay in taxes and *****es about how much of a raise he hasn't gotten, how much more money you should pay to support him? I can't wait to hear the answer.

david890

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2014
    Bloomington
    You're asking someone who lives off of the backs of everyone else

You mean disability payments based on what I paid into the system?

Do you also think EVERY Social Security recipient is "living off of the backs of everyone else"? Well, perhaps SocSec will be gone when it's your time, so YOU won't be a leech on society....

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

Do you also think EVERY Social Security recipient is "living off of the backs of everyone else"? Well, perhaps SocSec will be gone when it's your time, so YOU won't be a leech on society....
    For a guy that's "disabled" and getting way more a month than was paid in per month, you seem to be computer literate, and spend a lot of time researching your points, why not apply for a help desk JOB? Those are work from home in a lot of cases, and involve research, and pay you money that can be taxed! Find it hard to belive you are disabled to the point you can't work, as SSDI is for those too young to retire, age isn't a factor, so....?

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

Also, it's based on what you put in the system, and your employers' 100% dollar for dollar match. But, Phylodog is 100% correct, in that you have the audacity to even think you have a say in other people's money! But you still haven't answered the question, when is enough enough, and how much more would you like to see stolen from producers to dole to the unproductive?

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I've chased way too many "disabled" people drawing disability to give anyone the benefit of the doubt about being truly disabled, especially someone with your kind of attitude. Someone who truly needs it would be appreciative of what they receive, not *****ing about how much they get and trying to elect politicians who will steal more from others to give to you.

Last edited:

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Such as massive tax breaks for the rich? Alrighty then.

When did YOU vote against your own interests?

Quite frequently obviously. Because, some times, you know, you have to think about more then just yourself. You have to think about the mess you leave behind for your kids and grandkids to deal with. It's not about me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom