• ...and so much more!
  • jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Twenty-two years ago, September 11th, 2001 our World changed. This was “my” generations Pearl Harbor, against a far more elusive enemy.

Remember…

North Tower Attack

Five hijackers crash American Airlines Flight 11 into floors 93 through 99 of 1 World Trade Center (North Tower). The 76 passengers and 11 crew members on board and hundreds inside the building are killed instantly. The crash severs all three emergency stairwells and traps hundreds of people above the 91st floor.

I was in the Maintenance and Engineering offices of the then 10th largest U.S. Air Carrier, starting my day. Shortly after arriving a long time co-worker called and asked if I had seen the news that an aircraft had struck the World Trade Center. Not wanting to bother Maintenance Control, I walked down to the hanger breakroom to find a TV. In that breakroom, surrounded by aviation professionals I watched as the second aircraft impacted the South Tower. That was the epiphany, that was the point when we realized America was under attack…

I ran outside the hanger breakroom to call our Maintenance Operations Control. A longtime coworker and former Supervisor answered, and I yelled “They are using our aircraft against us! Contact the fleet and make sure we are still in control.” He only said “we’re already working on it”, then hung up.

At that moment the lives of every American, and many around the world changed. Do not forget!

South Tower Attack

Five hijackers crash United Airlines Flight 175 into floors 77 through 85 of 2 World Trade Center (South Tower), killing the 51 passengers and nine crew members onboard the aircraft and an unknown number of people inside the building. The impact renders two of the three emergency stairwells impassable and severs a majority of the elevator cables in this area, trapping many above the impact zone and inside elevator cars.

Attack at the Pentagon

Five hijackers crash American Airlines Flight 77 in to the Pentagon. The 53 passengers and six crew members on board perish. The crash and ensuing fire kill 125 military and civilian personnel on the ground.

A group of Marines was reported to have helped evacuate the Pentagon nursery / day care, then stood guard around the children until the parents could retrieve them.

United Flight 93

United 93 was climbing to cruising altitude, heading west over New Jersey and into Pennsylvania. At 9:25 am, Flight 93 was above eastern Ohio, and its pilot radioed Cleveland controllers to inquire about an alert that had been flashed on his cockpit computer screen to "beware of cockpit intrusion." Three minutes later, Cleveland controllers could hear screams over the cockpit's open microphone.

Todd Beamer told Lisa Jefferson (a United Airlines Customer Service agent) via AirCell that the passengers were planning to "jump on" the hijackers and fly the plane into the ground before the hijackers' plan could be followed through. Beamer recited the Lord's Prayer and the 23rd Psalm with Jefferson, prompting others to join in. Beamer requested of Jefferson, "If I don't make it, please call my family and let them know how much I love them." After this, Jefferson heard muffled voices and Beamer clearly answering, "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll." These were Beamer's last words to Jefferson.

When the plane's voice data recorder was recovered, it revealed pounding and crashing sounds against the cockpit door and shouts and screams in English. "Let's get them!" a passenger cries. A hijacker shouts, "Allah Akbar". Lebanese terrorist Ziad Samir Jarrah repeatedly pitched the plane to knock passengers off their feet, but the passengers continued their assault and at 10:02:17, a male passenger said, "Turn it up!" A second later, a hijacker said, "Pull it down! Pull it down!" At 10:02:33, Jarrah was heard to plead, "Hey! Hey! Give it to me. Give it to me. Give it to me. Give it to me. Give it to me. Give it to me. Give it to me. Give it to me."

The plane crashed into an empty field in Shanksville, Pennsylvania at 580 miles per hour, killing everyone on board. The plane was twenty minutes flying time away from its suspected target, the White House or the U.S. Capitol Building in Washington, D.C. According to Vice President Dick Cheney.
    (With thanks to Wikipedia)

Before the attackers plan could be completed the everyday American’s on flight 93 had already begun to fight back. Like the Militia members at Concord’s North Bridge, when attacked Americans rose to the challenge. We haven’t stopped since.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    something I do every year in remembrance. I use the iphone ringtone 3 bells, because it is a very somber ringtone.

View attachment 298296

View attachment 298297

I sometimes forget that it all happened in the early hours of the morning.
    I watched the towers collapse live on TV but I was in France, so it happened at 4 or 5 PM my time.
    I was already back from school.

Back then I wasn't as fluent in English as I am (somewhat) today.
    The next day we all went to school and all we did was talking about the attacks with our teacher.

The first class of the day was English class, so our teacher tried to give us a normal lesson, and taught us the English words we needed to talk about the events from the day before.

I still remember the words "COLLAPSE", "TO HIJACK" ... and many more probably, like "smoke", "terrorism" and so on, written on the board.

As a non-native English speaker it's funny (as in interesting) how you sometimes know exactly where, and how, you learned specific words.

And when those words are associated with specific memories you never forget them even after seeing them written only once in your life.

I will never forget why I learned the word "hijack" and why I still know how to spell it two decades later.

I remember we all had a moment of silence after that. The entire school.

None of us were Americans, our nation wasn't under attack, but we all still felt like our world had collapsed.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

For the sake of the victims and their families, I am GLAD he isnt there. I cannot imagine the pain his sorry butt would cause due to his absent minded reactions like wandering off early, comparing his own minor tribulations to their life changing events, sniffing some victim's granddaughter, etc.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    For the sake of the victims and their families, I am GLAD he isnt there. I cannot imagine the pain his sorry butt would cause due to his absent minded reactions like wandering off early, comparing his own minor tribulations to their life changing events, sniffing some victim's granddaughter, etc.
    He would find a way to mention his Corvette. during a speech at the 9/11 memorial. :facepalm:

Multi-millionaire presidents trying to appear relatable is always disgusting.
    More leaders need to learn to shut up and listen, instead of bringing stories of privileged life experiences, when they visit unfortunate people who lost everything.

Americans deserve a better president.

loudgroove

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 7, 2023
    Lagrange Indiana
    I remember it like it was just yesterday. Where I was, what I was doing and how I felt after seeing the 2nd plane fly into the building.

20 years! My grandchildren were not even thought about yet. Kids and immigrants cannot grasp the emotions we all felt that day.....even today, 20 years later.

I was thinking last night. I was born in 53' - less than 10 years after WWII. I grew up in a post WWII patriotic, flag waving country. Interesting. In the same time period after 9/11 we were catering to the muslim community. Shortly there after we had a muslim president and middle east politicians being elected to our government. These muslims speak out against the USA and our allies with great support from others.

We finally get a pro-USA president and the country goes madd. Now we have been taken over by a senile old mad who is being manipulated by those who hate the USA.

20 years ago today we stood against the anti-USA ideology; very thing that has taken over.

Even people here support the anti-USA movment. They'll deny it, but if you voted for Biden.......well, you're no patriot.

We need prayer; allot of prayer.
    Well said.

mmpsteve

Real CZ's have a long barrel!!
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 14, 2016
    ..... formerly near the Wild Turkey
    I was getting ready to take my 2 boys to school on 9/11, when I caught a flash of the networks going to live coverage. My boys were late to school that day, because I couldn't take my eyes off what was happening. Didn't matter. School got no work done that day, nor did I.

I'll never forget.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I heard a snippet of his speech in AK today. Unusually firm and lucid delivery.

I GUARANTEE he is on some kind of pharmaceutical. Whether its coke or some other kind of upper to give him energy and enough clarity to read a prompter (with no stage directions he might read) , he is clearly chemically enhanced for this speech.

At the very least he napped on AF1 and they woke him up an hour before his speech and gave him a Red Bull (or three) so that he was alert and lucid.

Flingarrows

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 9, 2019
    Greenwood
    I heard a snippet of his speech in AK today. Unusually firm and lucid delivery.

I GUARANTEE he is on some kind of pharmaceutical. Whether its coke or some other kind of upper to give him energy and enough clarity to read a prompter (with no stage directions he might read) , he is clearly chemically enhanced for this speech.

At the very least he napped on AF1 and they woke him up an hour before his speech and gave him a Red Bull (or three) so that he was alert and lucid.

And changed his diaper

Top Bottom