• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    All of the "cops have no duty to protect" morons don't remember 9/11.

Warren V. District of Columbia would like a word.

Being only 27 (I was 5/6 when the towers fell) the terrorists 100% won. We pissed away 21 years, disenfranchised an entire generation from the Military. All for what, to kill a few backwater terrorists ****bags? Sorry for the negative post but that's how I see 9/11 at this point. When America said F*** freedom I want the .gov to take care of me, despite it being the governments incompetence that 9/11 even happened in the first place.

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Hell, the "masterminds" are still in Cuba waiting for a trial to begin...at significant cost to American taxpayers I might add.

Maybe it is well past time to deliver unto each of those mother ******* ******** a round of .308 to their ******* skull.

Bump

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    Warren V. District of Columbia would like a word.

Being only 27 (I was 5/6 when the towers fell) the terrorists 100% won. We pissed away 21 years, disenfranchised an entire generation from the Military. All for what, to kill a few backwater terrorists shitbags? Sorry for the negative post but that's how I see 9/11 at this point. When America said F*** freedom I want the .gov to take care of me, despite it being the governments incompetence that 9/11 even happened in the first place.
    Not my point, but cool story.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I for one will never forget. I watched it unfold live on tv in horror. I worked for AT&T at the time and knew we had offices, personnel, and equipment there.

The sky was cloudless most of that week, and with all airline flights grounded, no conn trails either. It was one of the eeriest weeks of my life.

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold
    I for one will never forget. I watched it unfold live on tv in horror. I worked for AT&T at the time and knew we had offices, personnel, and equipment there.

The sky was cloudless most of that week, and with all airline flights grounded, no conn trails either. It was one of the eeriest weeks of my life.
    I was also employed by AT&T....Oakton Va.
    We were on the FTS contract....fedgov....
    The rumors on that day were thick. Being just outside DC...we expected more attacks.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    20 years?!?! I was hanging gutters on a house just east of Danville off 100 north, walked back to the truck to grab something and all I could hear on the radio was people talking, which was odd because we were listening to the old X-103, so I listened for a second and finally heard what was happening. Later that day we were close to the airport on a job, no planes flying, and really not many people out, it was eerie.

Bugzilla

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 14, 2021
    DeMotte
    Still can’t agree with the amount of money being spent on the survivors. Probably spent enough to make all of them millionaires several times over and, like most Sept. 11, are crying for more money. Where is all that money going?

dlandersson

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 20, 2019
    Hammond
    Take a minute today and say a prayer for all those who lost their lives 20 years ago today...
    On September 11, 2001, 19 militants associated with the Islamic extremist group al Qaeda hijacked four airplanes and carried out suicide attacks against targets in the United States.
    Two of the planes were flown into the twin towers of the World Trade Center in New York City, a third plane hit the Pentagon just outside Washington, D.C., and the fourth plane crashed in a field in Shanksville, Pennsylvania. Almost 3,000 people were killed during the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

As in years past, the moments below will be observed as part of the official 9/11 anniversary ceremony held at the World Trade Center for victims’ families.

8:46 a.m.: Hijackers deliberately crash American Airlines Flight 11 into floors 93 through 99 of the North Tower (1 WTC).
    9:03 a.m.: Hijackers deliberately crash United Airlines Flight 175 into floors 77 through 85 of the South Tower (2 WTC).
    9:37 a.m.: Hijackers deliberately crash American Airlines Flight 77 into the Pentagon, near Washington, D.C.
    9:59 a.m.: The South Tower (2 WTC) collapses.
    10:03 a.m.: After learning of the other attacks, passengers on United Airlines Flight 93 launch a counterattack on hijackers aboard their plane to try to seize control of the aircraft. In response, the hijackers crash the plane into an empty field near Shanksville, Pa.
    10:28 a.m.: The North Tower (1 WTC) collapses. The 16-acre World Trade Center site is in ruins, with collateral damage affecting all adjacent properties and streets. A rescue and recovery effort begins immediately.

Often, a bell will toll on September 11 at 8:46 a.m. or at each of the times listed above.

brdhntr37

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 21, 2013
    I was in middle school health class when I remember the teacher turning it on. Not sure if anyone has made it, but if you're able, I definitely recommend the 9-11 memorial in New York where the towers were. I went several years ago and the entire time was just sombering. It seems like yesterday when it happened, until you hear kids talk about it as something they talked about in history class

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area

And we dont realize how loud planes really are. I realized then how much background noise they give off. Even if you cant see them in the sky, you were still hearing them. I didnt understand that until the noise was gone.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    My oldest son ( Foreign Service Officer with State Dept ) was visiting. He was scheduled to fly back to DC later. I was just finishing breakfast with my normal bunch of guys ( tv was on Today Show ) when first plane hit. Everyone assumed a small plane had some how hit. I paid, left, and drove 1.5 miles home. Turned on tv and was watching coverage. Son came downstairs just as second plane hit. We sat there watching. As the facts and scope of what was happening became more clear, he was on phone with DC. Soon figured out we weren’t making the hour drive to the airport that day. Son went back upstairs for most of the day. I could here him on the phone off and on. I sat glued to tv alternating between being horrified, next to tears, and as angered as I have ever been in my lifetime but unable to do anything.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    We lost so much that day beyond American lives. The TSA, Patriot Act, and numerous other three letter agencies and departments are the legacy of that day.

After Pearl Harbor we fought to uphold our principles, brought freedom to our enemies, and came out a stronger and better nation.

Sadly I don’t believe the same can be said of 9/11. We raced to give up our freedoms in the hopes of feeling safe again. I don’t feel safer and I know I’m far less free today.
    So true

Top Bottom