• d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    It’s burned in my Memory, sadly there are those that deny it ever happened. I guess if you tell people something often enough they believe it. Joe Biden is a great President, no second thought not so much.
    I sure don't know anyone that denys it happening....the official narrative however, yes.

1000004363.gif

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    I had to be at work at 5am. I usually listened to Bob and Tom. They initially reported the first plane, but didn't have many details. I wondered over to a Starbucks to get a glimpse of tv. While there, the second plane flew into the second building. The entire Starbucks gasped, then fell completely silent.

I immediately went to my car to drive home. It was a crazy drive. Nearly all gas stations were at $5/gal and had long lines. When I got to my neighborhood, nobody was out. Nobody fishing in the ponds, nobody walking their dog. It was virtually silent.

I wasn't a direct victim that day. But in a sense, every citizen was a victim in some manner . The emotions, the fear and uncertainty, I'll never forget.

bcannon

QC Dept aka Picky F'er
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Boiler Country
    I was in a crawlspace putting in ductwork for a widow that morning. Awesome lady, had breakfast for us and as happy as could be we were there putting in a new hvac and ductwork for her. She was watching the morning news in the same room as the crawlspace opening. She screamed and we all went out hoping she was OK and that's when we seen it all started. Needless to say, we didn't get anything done that day.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    TDY at Langley AFB, Virginia. Initial reports over the radio didn't make it sound as it was. Walking to another building we were told what happened.

Later in the afternoon we were briefed that the 1st Fighter Wing (F-15s) were flying combat air patrol over DC. Rules of engagement were, "You fly, you die."

Flying back (to Eglin AFB, Florida) the following day was out of the question. Swapped rental cars and 3 of us drove back on the 12th.

Got the other two dropped off (both civvies) and I drove up to the east gate (Valpo/Niceville) at Eglin. Peacekeeper (armored Dodge Ramcharger) with an M-60, ammo belt quite visible sitting at the gate. I knew that what I'd known previously would never return.

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    My oldest son ( Foreign Service Officer with State Dept ) was visiting. He was scheduled to fly back to DC later. I was just finishing breakfast with my normal bunch of guys ( tv was on Today Show ) when first plane hit. Everyone assumed a small plane had some how hit. I paid, left, and drove 1.5 miles home. Turned on tv and was watching coverage. Son came downstairs just as second plane hit. We sat there watching. As the facts and scope of what was happening became more clear, he was on phone with DC. Soon figured out we weren’t making the hour drive to the airport that day. Son went back upstairs for most of the day. I could here him on the phone off and on. I sat glued to tv alternating between being horrified, next to tears, and as angered as I have ever been in my lifetime but unable to do anything.
    2 years since I posted this. In that 2 years as well as the 21 years prior, I have not forgotten a thing - not the shock, disbelief, sadness, anger. Nor have I forgotten the ‘togetherness’ the country experienced after…how far we have fallen from that high point.

May God bless those souls who needlessly lost their lives that day. And may GOD BLESS AMERICA !

Creedmoor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    Madison Co Indiana
    I worked at an air carrier on 9/11. Yes, this date hits hard.

I turned to the history channel last night and a special was running in a loop on 9/11. I didn't make it through the whole show.
    Interesting, I was working outside installing irrigation about 2 1/2 miles south of BWI airport that day.
    My wife called me and said a plane just hit one of the World Trade buildings.
    As we were talking she watched the second plane hit. She put a tape in the recorder and recorded it for the next 8 hours.
    What affected her the most was watching those that jumped from the towers.
    It changed her Church of God life seeing that.
    DC, MD and VA were a standstill that day.
    It was about 4 hours for a hour and 20 min ride. Before I left the job the sky's were empty except for the fighter jets endlessly flying around DC.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Interesting, I was working outside installing irrigation about 2 1/2 miles south of BWI airport that day.
    My wife called me and said a plane just hit one of the World Trade buildings.
    As we were talking she watched the second plane hit. She put a tape in the recorder and recorded it for the next 8 hours.
    What affected her the most was watching those that jumped from the towers.
    It changed her Church of God life seeing that.
    DC, MD and VA were a standstill that day.
    It was about 4 hours for a hour and 20 min ride. Before I left the job the sky's were empty except for the fighter jets endlessly flying around DC.
    At my work in NW IN, the sky was quiet. Seemed like the world had put on a Do Not Disturb sign. We had a small TV, reporting late news. No customers for hours. We checked to see if our phones were working.

Walked outside and heard a whooshing sound under the clouds.
    Looked like 3 -F15 fighter jets heading to Chicago, in a triangle formation. They were really going fast, over and gone. We closed an hour early and went home.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    9-11-memorial-gty-jef-230907_1694099392549_hpEmbed_3x2.jpg

Tradesylver

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2024
    Brown County
    September 11th 2001 was our Pearl Harbor I can remember like it was yesterday what I was doing when I heard the news. Before 911 I asked my dad what it was like hearing the news on December 7th 1941. After 9/11 I had a better understanding of what he felt. He dropped out of school and joined the Navy. Interesting my Remington Calendar from Bear Hardware labeled today Patriot's Day. Where I grew (New England) Patriot's Day was and still is April 19th.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Z06
    Top Bottom