• ...and so much more!
  • jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    Agreed. Unless and until a completely neutral set of moderators (not happening) can be found to conduct them, they're going to be pointless. They should go back to the format of the Lincoln-Douglas debates - no moderators. First debater got 60 minutes to speak, second debater got 90 minutes, then the first was given 30 minutes of rebuttal time.
    Interestingly, Trump doing the long form interviews has a flavor of just this. The ability to have a conversation lay out visions, strategy, identify problems strengths and weaknesses, convey the opportunities seen.

I don't know of any long form interviews the Ho has done.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    But it was a statement Davis herself made during the interview that has raised eyebrows. In it, she seemingly admitted the reason why they heavily fact-checked Trump was because they wanted it to be different than the CNN debate, where Trump's performance and Biden's disastrous appearance led to the latter being forced out of the presidential race nearly a month later, where he was then replaced by his VP:

“People were concerned that statements were allowed to just hang and not [be] disputed by the candidate Biden, at the time, or the moderators,”

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I was thinking she was being told what to say and do while it was going on.
    This makes sense because she normally has no clue what to say or do.
    Then the moderators were in on this the whole time.
    If this is true of course.
    If this comes out as the X posts suggest it will be a huge black eye for the entire mainstream media…

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 7, 2021
    central indiana
    Has "whistleblower" become the new term for "unnamed sources"? I thought the term whistleblower carried some sort of legal shielding so that wrongdoings can be exposed without fear of retribution.

In recent practice, "whistleblowers" seem to be used for otherwise unsubstantiated claims much like the "unnamed sources" of the past.

"Well, [someone I can't name] told me [something I can't prove] and it makes [my current political target] look bad." - yours truly, Everytalkinghead.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Has "whistleblower" become the new term for "unnamed sources"? I thought the term whistleblower carried some sort of legal shielding so that wrongdoings can be exposed without fear of retribution.

In recent practice, "whistleblowers" seem to be used for otherwise unsubstantiated claims much like the "unnamed sources" of the past.

"Well, [someone I can't name] told me [something I can't prove] and it makes [my current political target] look bad." - yours truly, Everytalkinghead.
    When do you believe the definition changed. Who gave the definition you understood? Are unnamed sources a thing if the past? In the day of doxxing we live in do you blame whistleblowers for wanting to be behind the scenes publicly?

If the whistleblower works for ABC news they would face instant reprisals. I don’t blame them.

rb288

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 14, 2019
    Grovertown
    When do you believe the definition changed. Who gave the definition you understood? Are unnamed sources a thing if the past? In the day of doxxing we live in do you blame whistleblowers for wanting to be behind the scenes publicly?

If the whistleblower works for ABC news they would face instant reprisals. I don’t blame them.
    An " un-named source" gives the media the ability to make up a story without having to verify a source or have any accountability for the truthfulness of it, it can't be "fact checked".
    A "whistleblower" at least implies that there is a confirmable source to the report that, eventually, may be verifiable.
    The left wing media uses "un-named source" way to much in reporting and they use it to push their deceitful, lying agendas without having to be accountable.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    An " un-named source" gives the media the ability to make up a story without having to verify a source or have any accountability for the truthfulness of it, it can't be "fact checked".
    A "whistleblower" at least implies that there is a confirmable source to the report that, eventually, may be verifiable.
    The left wing media uses "un-named source" way to much in reporting and they use it to push their deceitful, lying agendas without having to be accountable.
    Good definition. In the current situation they are working on redacting a formal affidavit which I see as a confirmable source, even if we do not know who it is…

Top Bottom