• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    snip
    I wouldn't mind doing away with the minimum post count and making it length of membership instead. Say 6 months. :twocents:

I would think that would sure save an awful lot of moderator time. Of course, there could still be folks that would just join and not bother to post, but we are all adults. We can make our own judgements in those cases if these are folks we wanna do business with.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I would think that would sure save an awful lot of moderator time. Of course, there could still be folks that would just join and not bother to post, but we are all adults. We can make our own judgements in those cases if these are folks we wanna do business with.

Yeah, then they would actually have time to respond to those posts and threads we've made that they decide to delete and not tell us.;)

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I have received pm's from members with less than required posts, even when it was only 10. I've turned down every one. Just feel that if people think this is HT then they can leave.

Seems lately there are more and more of our members selling to these non-contributing members and more and more -1's.

Maybe the classified shoud be some kind of secret spot for contributing members. Or just get rid of it entirely. There are more than enough places to purchase firearms.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    NO I believe that was Kevin Costner as Wyatt Earp in Wyatt Earp...:D

Tombstone was better for the action, Wyatt Earp was more historically correct.

I'll bet you a case of 5.56 that I'm right...

Actually, we might both be right. Both of those movies were made from historical records of the shootout at the OK Corral. It's possible that the quote was in the historical record and made it into both movies. I haven't seen the Kevin Costner version in quite a while though...

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I did not mean to offend the moderators, I should have added, I see the point in the rule, I just also happen to see the other side of it as well. I am glad that the 1 line posts get removed, but it makes it difficult for people like myself and kwatters to reach 50 if we only have good input towards something, I just dont have a lot of good input! lol. I am sure this rule will be argues as long as the site is open. and will get argued even more if the rule goes away.

Or I can just keep doing this to get more posts

A couple more like this and ill be there

I am not trying to be a jerk or mock the system, just proving my point that amount of posts doesnt really make you a more creditable person.

It's not really that hard to reach 50 posts, just hopping in a great thread with a good topic like "Where would you shoot a BG" or "Wait for the cops and risk trespassing or leave as requested" can net you some really great quaility post in a hurry when there is a passionate debate.

Also you can get by with a extended run on a one liner if it really merits a good suggestion, idea or insight to a problem.

The Fifty lets our members see your mindset, your participation and whether people realize it or not, to an extent how good/not so good an individual is just by how positive or snarky a reply is.

People just need to start realizing that this is a community board first with a side benefit of like some radio stations version of the sale and swap shop.

Sit back and lurk, read some more and then chime in when it feels right, heck when I joined in June of 2008 I lurked for almost 6 months, barely reaching 10 post by Jan of 09, now I'm cruising along. Most days it's 3 or 4 reply's some days none at all.

BTW :welcome: to :ingo: enjoy your stay here and in the famous words of Spock, "Live long and prosper" and may your shots be straight and true.

MikeBear

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 15, 2009
    Brazil, IN
    I have to agree with some of the other Plinkers. I've been a member for quite awhile, but I don't post very often. Does that make me some kind of outlaw? I understand the rules, and try to stick to them. Is 50 post the magic number? Who can tell. My suggestion would be pick a number and only let members view that area. No guest, no one under the post count.

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    May I suggest posting 2 prices such as:

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    WTS - Ruger 10/22 carbine

Site supporters and/or active contributing forum members - $210

Inactive deal snipers and rule benders - $299.99 firm
    -----------------------------------------------------------------

Only the members who care can stop this. Clearly, not everyone does.

:ingo:

I think ATM might be onto something!!!:D

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    I have to agree with some of the other Plinkers. I've been a member for quite awhile, but I don't post very often. Does that make me some kind of outlaw? I understand the rules, and try to stick to them. Is 50 post the magic number? Who can tell. My suggestion would be pick a number and only let members view that area. No guest, no one under the post count.

Did you know INGO has a FAQ?

50 is the magic number! As per the:rules:.

No it does not make you an outlaw, if you circumvent the rules then you become an "Outlaw". :D

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    I'll bet you a case of 5.56 that I'm right...

Actually, we might both be right. Both of those movies were made from historical records of the shootout at the OK Corral. It's possible that the quote was in the historical record and made it into both movies. I haven't seen the Kevin Costner version in quite a while though...

Or we might both be wrong... I have been scanning Tombstone looking for where I thought it might be in 3x speed I still have audio it is just chipmunkish.

I will be breaking out Wyatt Earp in 11:26 to see if I can find it there. It should have been as they were walking to the OK Corral that that statement was made right?

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    I can save you the hassle. It's the part where Wyatt is introduced to Crawley Dake. It's not too far into the movie...

It's at 8:25 to be exact...

Last edited:

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I'm getting tired of INGO'ers nit-picking on "the first fifty posts" . Seems like anytime a noob posts ANYTHING, somebody makes a comment about it.

If a mod when back and reviewed my posts for "quality"... there might be twenty or thirty out of my 5000. Mostly it's just daily chat or talking Glockk smack with my boys King and Joe...

But then again, the Site Support takes care of all of that....which reminds me I need to go send Fenway my 2010 dues.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    If it could be done in code, it might help to require that people have have some minimum amount of posting activity over time to be able to see and use the classifieds. Maybe a post a week (just for example).

There are a some people that rush up to 50, then use the site almost exclusively for the classifieds.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    I'm getting tired of INGO'ers nit-picking on "the first fifty posts" . Seems like anytime a noob posts ANYTHING, somebody makes a comment about it.

If a mod when back and reviewed my posts for "quality"... there might be twenty or thirty out of my 5000. Mostly it's just daily chat or talking Glockk smack with my boys King and Joe...

But then again, the Site Support takes care of all of that....which reminds me I need to go send Fenway my 2010 dues.

+1

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    I think they ought to keep track of everyones posts to ensure they are of QUALITY on a daily/weekly basis...just because you have 50 posts doesn't mean you are contributing to the site in a positive manner. Anyone caught posting in any of them there wasteful bandwidth threads should be disqualified from buying/selling in the classifieds. :yesway:

Top Bottom