• ...and so much more!
  • Bowling_R

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Guilford
    Wow,
    I didn't even take the time to read this whole thread, but I am really surprised the way people are acting in regards to the whole post count thing.

I joined this site because I thought it was a really good resource of info and to keep up with the current issues involving our state and to generally be a part of a good group of people.

Now I know the "50 post " rule was introduced to help protect the members from the "here and gone" people that just jump on here to make a quick sale, and I have no issue with that....and I know, I know, it makes no difference what I do have an issue with, but thing I have a problem with is the fact of not being able to be able to buy off of here without the 50 posts.

This is a gun forum, generally everyone here knows the basics on almost everything that involves guns, I do not post very much because I feel if I have nothing worthwhile to contribute, by the time I try, it's already been said.
    I have bought and traded off of here though and it was a pleasant experience, but after reading some of the responses on here I will not be involved in anymore "illegal transactions" until I make the 50 posts........

I have nothing more to add, I'll go back to being a quiet lurker and just stick to the trips to the 1500.

And why are the guys with less than 50 posts allowed to post in the WTB section if their character is being questioned?
    It would seem their should be issue with that also.

Anyway I know their isn't a straight cut answer to this and I hope I haven't come off as a jerk, this just kind of got to me being that I am kind of a quiet guy and it will be awhile before I can do anymore "dealing".

Can I suggest maybe a a period of time that would qualify you? I don't know just thinking,

Last edited by a moderator:

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    HEY! You're supposed to admit that out loud!!!!!!!! We're INVINCIBLE!!!

<insert maniacal laughter here>

Ummm... invincible or not, I think you left a "not" out of your post. Right between "You're" and "supposed." Which kind of weakens the "Invincible" part. :D

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Hey, Joe, I noticed that too... I haven't been on here too long, since Dec. 2009, but I have posted 375 times, I do not know if my posts, were "junk", or not, as far as I know, none of mine were dropped, one of my posts were closed, my feelings were hurt, but I am all better now.... I have the utmost respect, for the Mods, on this site, Pami, Scutter, Shooter 521, and all the others.... I would NOT be a Mod., on a site like this, You could NOT pay me to do it... I just do not have the time, or the experience, to do the job correctly, that being said, I do see a lot of inconsiderate "behavior" on this site. We are not in school, anymore, just because we are new, does not mean, that we do not know what we are talking about... I have to read posts 2-3 times, and read several answers, and then realize hey I knew that !!!!:ugh: Sorry for the length, but I truly do LOVE this site, and have met some very nice people... lets all remember we all have different backgrounds, experience, etc.. and lets be mindful of others feelings... not to get wishy washy.. there I said it .....:twocents:

reload4ever

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Rules R Rules

I am a relatively new member with only 2 postings to my credit and I have maybe 50 guns i would like to post in a classified but the rules being what they are I am willing to stick to the rules and complete my 50 postings because those are the rules)eventhough I sure could use the cash without maintaining the rules there would be no order or respect . Well this is number three and I hope to contribute to any post in the future with whatever knowledge I can provide. Here's to another 100 postings down the roadhopefully.:patriot:

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Ummm... invincible or not, I think you left a "not" out of your post. Right between "You're" and "supposed." Which kind of weakens the "Invincible" part. :D
    Thanks for calling me out. Now I can't use my invincibleness to edit the posts like nothing happened! /sigh ;)

Can I still laugh maniacally? :):

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Thanks for calling me out. Now I can't use my invincibleness to edit the posts like nothing happened! /sigh ;)

Can I still laugh maniacally? :):

Now, see, you haven't attained a truly evil nature yet. You COULDA edited my post to read something like "I like to wear panties," and edited your post as if nothing had happened.

Then laughed maniacally while I tried to fend off the advances of strange internet people!!

juan bond

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    I'm glad I didn't run up my post count so I could send a PM for a 9mm I'd like to buy. I never knew of this site until one of the members from here pasted a link from here on a different website for a gun he is trying to sell on here.

JUMBO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I have been screwed by people here with thread counts in the hundreds. If a person wants to buy a item listed, whether or not they have a post of 50 shouldn't matter as there is no rule about the potential buyer to not PM the poster of said item for sale! The only rule is to have a quality post of 50 or more to post in the classifieds!

I have been a member here since AUG 2008, I have only 99 posts. Contrary to popular belief, some of the members here dont have alot of time to sit here for hours on end and rant on about various gun topics and what not. There are alot of good people here and there are some real bums here too! I enjoy reading posts here as i find many informative and some unecessary, however, do i sit here and moan or argue with people about their thoughts.... No I dont. This is a great country we live in and we are afforded many rights that others in other countries are not. I see many threads get locked becuase people cannot keep things in perspective and they cannot even respect anothers right to say what they want to say and just accept it as one individual right to speak freely.

I think that if a person wants to respond to a pm sent by a newbie, that is thier decison whether or not to respond, it sounds a little clicky to assume that a newbie has no right to buy. that is a personal choice one can make, but please dont push it to make it a rule or law. after all we all had to start with post number one at some point right!

Top Bottom