• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • norman428

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Please have your blood pressure checked as soon as possible. A very high BP can cause nose bleeds...and if your BP IS high enough to be the problem, you need to be treated right away.

This. You are never too young to develop HBP. I found out I had it when I was 18, I got nose bleeds twice a week and that was why. Not fun, but not safe for it to stay that high either.

Wild Deuce

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Your body has too much blood in it. This is nature's way of fixing the problem. Either that or the bleed off valve is set too low. Ask the doctor to adjust the pressure setting.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    Went to the doctor and he put silver nitrate in my nose to cauterize the blood vessels. I then got blood drawn for a blood count because I had bled so much that my legs were going numb. Didn't make sense he'd draw blood to see if I was short on it, but ok :dunno:

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    It's not just the volume, but how much of it is composed of red cells, though it troubles me to think of you bleeding enough out your nose to make your legs numb; that's just a heck of a lot of blood. Perhaps you have anemia due to something else. Worth checking on; my mom had colon cancer causing it.

Mosinguy

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    North Dakota soon...
    It's not just the volume, but how much of it is composed of red cells, though it troubles me to think of you bleeding enough out your nose to make your legs numb; that's just a heck of a lot of blood. Perhaps you have anemia due to something else. Worth checking on; my mom had colon cancer causing it.

Yeah, funny story about the bleeding. This morning (the 4th time) after holding the soaked toilet paper to my face for about 5 minutes dad wanted me to see if it was still bleeding. I went to the sink (luckily) and took the toilet paper off and BAM instant blood all over the sink and counter :): There was a HUGE blood clot attached to the toilet paper as well.

Oh and when I started bleeding in the shower last night, it seriously looked like that scene from Psycho where the chick gets murdered in the bathtub.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Wow, yeah, I just get a little bit for a minute or so, stuff a kleenex up that nostril for a few and no problem. Sounds like we're in different leagues, nosewise. Keep up with that doctor.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Legs don't go numb from anemia.

You have 80ml/kg of blood volume. A healthy person could lose probably 25% without many symptoms. Does he think you lost THAT much blood?

Hope you feel better.

Top Bottom