• ...and so much more!
  • Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Not saying legs go numb from anemia as such, but if the legs go numb there's something bad going on, and if the blood isn't working right, anemia is likely hanging around in the shadows causing mischief as well. Sorry for any confusion, but I've had nosebleeds, numb legs, anemia, etc. I've had blood tests where I asked if they were leaving me any. Been there and back more than a couple of times. Just trying to help.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Nice to know that "Do no harm", doesn't apply to the pocketbook. :D

Heh, no kidding.

If HR and BP were fine and OP wasn't passing out or light headed, even if he was anemic I would 't run the risks of a blood transfusion for minor symptoms of a bleeding event that has stopped. Iron alone should be good enough.

We do tests because we like numbers, and we like to treat numbers. I can tell that many patients are fine and need no testing when they are in the ER but they would be ticked that they came in and we "did nothing". Instead we often do testing to prove normal instead of trying to diagnose abnormal.

ditto

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 3, 2012
    Newburgh
    Maybe he's checking your electrolytes as well. You say numbness/tingling and yeah they're gonna look at things like K, Ca, Mag, Na just to make sure.

Buy a small humidifier and run it in your room when you sleep.

Some people are just prone to nose bleeds. Especially when there isn't a lot of humidity in the air.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Heh, no kidding.

If HR and BP were fine and OP wasn't passing out or light headed, even if he was anemic I would 't run the risks of a blood transfusion for minor symptoms of a bleeding event that has stopped. Iron alone should be good enough.

We do tests because we like numbers, and we like to treat numbers. I can tell that many patients are fine and need no testing when they are in the ER but they would be ticked that they came in and we "did nothing". Instead we often do testing to prove normal instead of trying to diagnose abnormal.

I'm sure that practicing defensive medicine is part of it as well.

Top Bottom