• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    You don't have problem buying from a company that knowingly employs child molesters? I do.
    Sure don't. I'd rather they were gainfully employed than living on welfare and hanging out at the playground 40 hours a week. I'm not sure I understand why you prefer the other, but that's OK.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    If justice was rendered as it should be to this vermin, then whether they would work any more would be moot.

bat54r

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Stories like this turn my stomach, I have three daughters and if anyone ever put their hands on any of my little girls they had better pray that the police find them before I do. I can't for the life of me understand why these wastes of oxygen aren't put down like the rabid animals they are. I don't have actual numbers but from what I have read and heard from friends that are LEO many are repeat offenders. My question is why? I can't wrap my head around the reasons why they are captured and many times just slapped on the wrist, let go, and captured again for the same thing or worse. IMO this scum is the lowest form of life on the planet not deserving of a second chance at harming an innocent child. The first time should be the last time period. Sorry for the rant but stories like this enrage, sadden, repulse and sicken me to no end.

Last edited:

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    I don't have actual numbers but from what I have read and heard from friends that are LEO many are repeat offenders.

Some people claim that child abusers can't be cured and invariably reoffend. Others suggest that recidivism rates are low and that sex offenders are less likely to re-offend than those who commit other types of crimes. What is the truth?

Overall, follow-up studies typically find sexual recidivism rates of 10%-15% after five years, 20% after 10 years, and 30%-40% after 20 years (see,
    Hanson, Morton, & Harris, 2003).

However, these numbers are conservative because not all offenses are detected. The problem with using recidivism rates to determine the rate of re-offending is readily apparent when considering the following example. If 100% of released molesters re-offend, but the rate of reporting is only 12%, and the conviction rate is half of this, than the recidivism rate would be reported as only 6%!

Another perspective on the problem is offered by Anna Salter, one of the foremost experts on sex offenders in the country. She writes the following in her popular book Predators:
    "The dry research figures only confirm what I have seen over and over in this field: there are a lot of sexual offenses out there and the people who commit them don't get caught very often. When an offender is caught and has a thorough evaluation with a polygraph backup, he will reveal dozens, sometimes hundreds of offenses he was never apprehended for. In an unpublished study by Pamela Van Wyk, 26 offenders in her incarcerated treatment program entered the program admitting an average of 3 victims each. Faced with a polygraph and the necessity of passing it to stay in the treatment program, the next group of 23 men revealed an average of 175 victims each."

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    You don't have problem buying from a company that knowingly employs child molesters? I do.

Sure don't. I'd rather they were gainfully employed than living on welfare and hanging out at the playground 40 hours a week. I'm not sure I understand why you prefer the other, but that's OK.

agreed to both. but 451... a sex offender is on the registry if he did any number of things... you could wind up on the sex offender registry if you get drunk and pee in a street... or apparently if you are walking naked in your own home and someone sees you from the street. (not me, but its happened)

</devil's advocate>

my heart and prayers go out to that poor girl and her family, and I pray that they find the sunnova***** and bring down everything on him.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Stories like this turn my stomach, I have three daughters and if anyone ever put their hands on any of my little girls they had better pray that the police find them before I do. I can't for the life of me understand why these wastes of oxygen aren't put down like the rabid animals they are. I don't have actual numbers but from what I have read and heard from friends that are LEO many are repeat offenders. My question is why? I can't wrap my head around the reasons why they are captured and many times just slapped on the wrist, let go, and captured again for the same thing or worse. IMO this scum is the lowest form of life on the planet not deserving of a second chance at harming an innocent child. The first time should be the last time period. Sorry for the rant but stories like this enrage, sadden, repulse and sicken me to no end.

B.I.N.G.O. - and INGO is it's name-o.

:ingo:

You got that right, partner. +1.

darinb

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Scott county,indiana
    I am saddened and extremely angry at this situation. It sickens me to unimaginably levels. If this person is found I would suspect they wont last long. If I were the arresting officer I may have my first accidental discharge.

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    Sorry, I'm afraid you don't know what you're talking about. I do condemn sex offenses, in no uncertain terms.

I believe you. The problem is that you don't condemn sex offenders.
    Congratulations on being able to understand the difference.
    You believe it's wrong to judge.
    Eh... not entirely true. I am told to do justice and love mercy. Justice requires a certain amount of judgment, by its very nature. I fully accept that it may in fact be necessary to kill some people -- I wouldn't carry a gun if I didn't. I just don't think it's morally commendable or psychologically healthy to relish the act.

I find the bloodthirstiness on display around here disgusting and appalling, and frankly wonder if it's only moral cowardice that keeps some from simply going down the list of sex offenders near them and starting the slaughter. It seems to me that if you can sleep like a baby after torturing one of these people for hours and hours, surely you could sleep like a baby in prison after ridding the world of a goodly number of them. After all, it's an article of faith around here that prisons are country clubs, sentences are too short, and convicts have too many rights anyway, so it should be easy for the tough guys to handle.

You are weak.
    That's a matter of opinion.

451_Detonics

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    North Central Indiana
    Last night there were 20 or so kids on the corner of Plum street (my house is also on the corner) with signs asking for help catching this animal. I would not want to be a stranger in the neighborhood walking down the street right now...there are some ugly feelings towards strangers right now.

Maybe the census takers will stay out of the neighborhood now...

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    agreed to both. but 451... a sex offender is on the registry if he did any number of things... you could wind up on the sex offender registry if you get drunk and pee in a street... or apparently if you are walking naked in your own home and someone sees you from the street. (not me, but its happened)

</devil's advocate>

my heart and prayers go out to that poor girl and her family, and I pray that they find the sunnova***** and bring down everything on him.

Agreed on both, I've had 2 neighbors who were on the list. One I let my son go with on several occasions to church, he was the youth pastor. :eek:
    Both of them were convicted before the law was changed, they were 18-19 and dating a 15 yr old. The one is married to and has kids with the girl. Was it right for them to do so? That's up for debate, do I put them in the same class as other sex offenders? For myself no. There is a guy about 2 blocks away from me that is on the list for child molestation. Would I trust him? Heck no, if I see him anywhere near my daughter, well.... I plead the 5th.

Really?!

I must just have a little more Wolf in me than you. I have no problem of thinking up several different ways to deal punishment out to this animal...

For scum like in the OP. I think locking them up in a room with the family members and some rusty razor blades, battery charger, salt, a thin glass rod and a ball peen hammer and a Dr. to make sure they stay alive and conscious as long as possible would be a good start.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Congratulations on being able to understand the difference.
    Fletch, you and I agree on many points, however this is not one of them. Who is responsible for the sex offense, or, speaking specifically here, for the attack on this four year old baby, if not the sex offender?
    Absolutely I condemn that piece of subhuman garbage.
    Eh... not entirely true. I am told to do justice and love mercy. Justice requires a certain amount of judgment, by its very nature. I fully accept that it may in fact be necessary to kill some people -- I wouldn't carry a gun if I didn't. I just don't think it's morally commendable or psychologically healthy to relish the act.
    I am not a violent man. I've devoted over half my life to the healing arts. When a vicious, unconscionable predator enters a neighborhood of innocent potential victims, however, it must be removed in a way that does not allow it to later return and cause more harm to other innocents.
    I find the bloodthirstiness on display around here disgusting and appalling, and frankly wonder if it's only moral cowardice that keeps some from simply going down the list of sex offenders near them and starting the slaughter.
    I'll take this one, since my post could be taken as bloodthirsty. It's not, but it could be taken that way. First, that list should never have been started. We know where all the sex criminals are who register, but we don't know where all the drunk drivers are. Who does more harm? (No, I don't think any "list" needs to exist. I think that until there is some way to accurately and effectively treat the sickness that child molesters have, they don't belong out in public. Call that moral cowardice if you like, but here's the thing: If I knew that this predator had attacked my little girl and I caught it, it would not see the inside of a jail cell. Go after my baby and it's not a name on a list that shouldn't exist in the first place, it's personal. The slime has gone after MY child. Is that retribution? Yeah, I guess it is. I guarantee, though, that if I'm serving as a juror, while I'll give the facts a fair hearing, I would be VERY hard-pressed to convict such a person for removing a threat to society.
    It seems to me that if you can sleep like a baby after torturing one of these people for hours and hours, surely you could sleep like a baby in prison after ridding the world of a goodly number of them. After all, it's an article of faith around here that prisons are country clubs, sentences are too short, and convicts have too many rights anyway, so it should be easy for the tough guys to handle.
    All of what you say here could be true. I never said (at least I don't think I did) that I would sleep well, but I would not lament the removal of a threat to society, to my neighbor's children. What would disturb my sleep is that my daughter was exposed to and victimized by scum like this and that I was unable to protect her from it.
    The very idea that some who offend and are later released then offend again tells me that the prisons are not enough of a deterrent. Offenders complain about Sheriff Joe Arpaio's "tent city jail" in Arizona, and his answer to them is, "If you don't like it, don't come back!", and by and large, they don't. He's doing something right.

That's a matter of opinion.
    I don't think you're weak. I don't know you, so I can't speak to whether you are or not, but I'll ask you this: If it was YOUR four-year-old daughter who'd been found crying after being raped and strangled, what would you do, presuming you found the criminal who'd victimized her? Can you honestly tell me that you would not feel any desire whatsoever for retribution? A desire to inflict pain upon that which has hurt someone so close to you?

It's not bloodthirst. I'd take no joy in manually removing body parts from it... I just would have no regrets about doing so.

For those who compared my post to two movies (forgot the second), I can see your point in the comparison. I did see Law Abiding Citizen, but the difference is that he used tools. I would not, nor am I so coldly calculating. I have no preparations made for the eventualities, and if I was caught and imprisoned, that's where I'd be until I was released or dead... but I would not feel sorrow for ending the existence of a predator like that. I'd feel sorrow that the good Lord felt we needed challenges like that to define our morality.

Blessings,
    Bill

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    First, that list should never have been started.

On this we agree.

We know where all the sex criminals are who register, but we don't know where all the drunk drivers are. Who does more harm? (No, I don't think any "list" needs to exist. I think that until there is some way to accurately and effectively treat the sickness that child molesters have, they don't belong out in public. Call that moral cowardice if you like, but here's the thing: If I knew that this predator had attacked my little girl and I caught it, it would not see the inside of a jail cell. Go after my baby and it's not a name on a list that shouldn't exist in the first place, it's personal. The slime has gone after MY child. Is that retribution? Yeah, I guess it is. I guarantee, though, that if I'm serving as a juror, while I'll give the facts a fair hearing, I would be VERY hard-pressed to convict such a person for removing a threat to society.
    What I mean by moral cowardice is lacking the courage of one's convictions. If anyone honestly believes that all sex offenders should be rounded up and shot, and that this would solve a lot of problems, then that person should be out there doing the rounding up and shooting. For good or ill, there's a list, they know where they are, they're presumably gun owners, being members here, so it's only moral cowardice that's holding them back. It's already happened in Massachusetts. The people who did it are in prison, of course, but that's the way it works.

All of what you say here could be true. I never said (at least I don't think I did) that I would sleep well...
    That was someone else.

, but I would not lament the removal of a threat to society, to my neighbor's children.
    And if you don't understand that I wouldn't either, then you really haven't gotten my point.

Let me illustrate it another way. This is my dog:

Zeus.jpg

I love this dog more than I've ever loved any other dog. I would seriously take a bullet for this dog.

These are my nephews:

oliverandhenry042910sm.jpg

If that dog, which I love beyond my ability to express, ever hurt one of my nephews, I would kill him. I wouldn't enjoy it. I would hate the fact that I had to do it. But I would do it, because it needed to be done.

Now, knowing that...

I don't think you're weak. I don't know you, so I can't speak to whether you are or not, but I'll ask you this: If it was YOUR four-year-old daughter who'd been found crying after being raped and strangled, what would you do, presuming you found the criminal who'd victimized her? Can you honestly tell me that you would not feel any desire whatsoever for retribution? A desire to inflict pain upon that which has hurt someone so close to you?

It's not bloodthirst. I'd take no joy in manually removing body parts from it... I just would have no regrets about doing so.
    ...it would seem that we're not so different after all.

My post above stated that I do believe some people "need killin'". I stated that I would not carry a gun (or indeed, own one) if I didn't believe that.

I also stated that I don't believe it is "morally commendable or psychologically healthy to relish the act".

RELISH: 3 a : enjoyment of or delight in something that satisfies one's tastes, inclinations, or desires

My objection here is NOT to the idea that there is a monster on the loose, and that it may in fact be necessary for said monster to be put down. My objection is entirely to the grotesque game of one-upsmanship that goes on every ****ing time this subject comes up, where each person attempts to out-do the last in the descriptions of how intensely they would torture the offender, how long they would like said torture to last, how much they would enjoy doing or watching it, and the pure pleasure they would derive from even knowing about it. This is not justice, it is demonic theater.

The various jokes we read around here about prison rape, about molestation, torture, and murder of convicts, and all the other little winking asides have made one thing abundantly clear, that this post is a ****ing lie:
    Yeah, yeah, Fletch, we already know you don't condemn sex offenses as seriously as the rest of us do.

Most of the folks in this thread (and many others like it) do not condemn sex offenses at all. They love sex offenses -- they fervently wish to be able to perpetrate some sex offenses of their own. Sex offenses are entertaining... even funny.

The only thing they disagree with is the choice of victims.

So again I say, if the dog needs to be put down, put the dog down. It's not cause for celebration, it's a waste of a life and all the potential that it once had. But it's necessary, so do it.

Men do what has to be done. Demons enjoy it.

Last edited:

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    Sad story but why was she out alone that early in the morning? I expect more details to be coming out with this story

From the sounds of the story, windows were left open in the home, she was barefoot and in her nightgown. Giving the parents the benefit of the doubt here, home invasion through a windown.

I first thought bus stop for school but then saw it was Sunday....... I am also wondering why she was out that early....

See above

If the story line is true it is not an automatic fail on the parents part. If she was taken from the home silently, this would explain why she was out and about. She claims she came home and went to bed and the siblings found her 2 hours later. The mother called authorities as soon as she was made awair.

Top Bottom