• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    gas $3.95, but Diezel is $3.99.... Its about time you joes to pay what I pay.... no need for diesel to be more, its just the double refining for it to burn cleaner...

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Drove to Des Moines Friday morning. Filled up in Covington, IN for 3.79. Filled up in Des Moines Sunday for 3.59. Gas here at home was 3.99 last night. I saw Diesel in IL for 4.29.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    No worries!

By 2025, the average fuel economy must be 54.5 MPG.

OF course, the death rate per mile will go up when the average car weighs 1,200 lbs., but that will be offset by the fewer miles driven when gasoline is $35.99/gal.

henktermaat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Supply and Demand. "Gouging?" It should be legal as far as I'm concerned. I am against all government meddling and artificial price fixing.

Let the people decide where they want to buy gas.

Gas Station X raises his prices, Gas station Y see it and keeps his lower. Guess who will get the business. Less income will cause gas station X to lower his prices, or go out of business.

The real crooks are in Washington DC, with what they have done to the dollar.

miguel's sister

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Red dot in a blue state
    Gas Station X raises his prices, Gas station Y see it and keeps his lower. Guess who will get the business. Less income will cause gas station X to lower his prices, or go out of business.

The real crooks are in Washington DC, with what they have done to the dollar.

You'd like to think that would happen but I've yet to see it. It's more like monkey see, monkey do. Around here at least.

Agree with your second statement.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    And yet we continue to export gasoline to other countries

I have to say that I'm not aware of that, but it makes sense. I'm sure there are numerous small countries that don't even have refining capabilities. Is there any reason that American companies shouldn't be allowed to sell their products internationally on the open market?

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    ...here we go again. i just seen several stations at $4/gal.:xmad:

(at least it costs nothing to hangout here)

What else can we expect, when this country kills the XL pipeline, refuses to allow new drilling in the Gulf, and gives away Alaskan Island oil reserves to Russia? 52% of voting Americans elected this loser. WE are getting what we deserve.

Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    And yet we continue to export gasoline to other countries

Yes, because we are in a global economy and they are paying as much or more than we are.

Keep in mind, the oil companies pay three times as much as their net profits in direct taxes and, through taxes imposed at the pump, the government recieves more per gallon than the oil companies do, in indirect taxes.

As gas prices go up, the government collects more money. Of course they want $5.00/ gal. gas!

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    What else can we expect, when this country kills the XL pipeline, refuses to allow new drilling in the Gulf, and gives away Alaskan Island oil reserves to Russia? 52% of voting Americans elected this loser. WE are getting what we deserve.

Sir, you deserve a rep!

Top Bottom