• ...and so much more!
  • ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    My Wal-Mart got in cases of both the Federal 550's and 500-round Lightnings last night. I showed up at 7:00 AM this morning, and was the only one there. Bought my three bricks and walked out. Both Columbus stores, Scottsburg, and Martinsville also had them this morning, and Bloomington had them yesterday morning.

do you know someone that knows when there coming in?

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    So I guess according to prices I am seeing in the classified these wonk monkeys still think that a brick of .22 is still worth $50.........WTF people.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    do you know someone that knows when there coming in?

Nope, I simply check the Wal-Mart app daily after 5:00 PM and if some ammo goes from out of stock to in stock, I know that it came in on the truck and will be brought out at 7:00 AM the next morning. I haven't bothered picking any .22LR up since probably last summer, but figured it was a weekend and they were just sitting there waiting. I see you are from Greene County. A friend of a friend gets .22LR at the Linton Wal-Mart all the time.

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Nope, I simply check the Wal-Mart app after 5:00 PM and if some ammo goes from out of stock to in stock, I know that it came in on the truck and will be brought out at 7:00 AM the next morning. I haven't bothered picking any .22LR up since probably last summer, but figured it was a weekend and they were just sitting there waiting.

i'll have to try the app.....just for the fun of it.....i have 10k put back....

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    How does one determine value?

I determine it by what I will pay. Too many determine from being profit minded which in the reality of things is OK. But to continue to rape and pillage that makes it OK for us to poke fun at them. The butt heads that line up before the store opens and snatch up all the ammo. It is posted up around the interwebs before noon at X3 what they paid for it. Most folks have to work and have not got the time for such things.
    Again, it is the way of things but it also opens the door for criticism. Many of these A$$ hats are not shooters just carpet baggers.

M4Madness

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Springville
    How does one determine value?

Value is determined by what people are willing to pay for it. As long as people are willing to pay $50 for a brick of .22LR, then $50 is the market value. That means that stores that sell it for less (such as Wal-Mart) need to raise their prices to match the current market value to stabilize things.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I bought 6 bulk packs today. Going to sell them for $50, seeing as people are willing to pay $50.

:stickpoke: Where did you find 22? I gave a brick to my dad and my brother in law today. We have not been able to find or buy any 22 since December of 2012.

treeman22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    Indy North
    I bought 6 bulk packs today. Going to sell them for $50, seeing as people are willing to pay $50.
    Instead of being a selfish flipper, why don't you do the noble thing and offer some to a kid who's new to the sport at the price you paid? Boyscouts perhaps? Or is that above you? Or are you simply trolling?

Indy60

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Central IN
    Yesterday at gander mountain. I counted 80 bricks of federal 550's. 4 of thunderbolts. 1 of cci long rifle. All @ 24.99 a brick.

The last batch of CCI mini mags I purchased from Gander Mountain about 3 years ago, were about 6 or 7$ per 50 count brick. Been holding off using them for fear of no more to be found. Who would have ever thought 22 ammunition would be in short supply. I found a 50 count box 22 shorts from K-Mart I must have purchased 40 years ago and the price was something like 29 cents. Boy, those were the days! My grandson turned 9 last March and I think I will hold on to the 22 ammo I have for him to learn to shoot in a year or so. Maybe by then the craziness will have ended and the supply will return.

Top Bottom