• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Both my kids will be sporting .350 legends hoping for good results 1 at type with 150g pills one bolt with 180g just because that’s what I had lol preferably I get them both on the same next year but my at was keyholing the 180g for some reason so that’s why I bought the 150g

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    Wow. Those little clover seeds survived two weeks of all-day sun & drought on bare soil. I’m definitely buying from Eretz seed company again - all Willamette Valley seeds are something else :pimp:

Attachments

• IMG_2589.jpeg
      IMG_2589.jpeg
      863.3 KB · Views: 8
    • IMG_2586.jpeg
      IMG_2586.jpeg
      1.6 MB · Views: 8
    • IMG_2587.jpeg
      IMG_2587.jpeg
      1.7 MB · Views: 8
    • IMG_2588.jpeg
      IMG_2588.jpeg
      1.7 MB · Views: 8

TAB30-06

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2023
    Otterbein
    Been shooting broadheads for the past 2 months, so I figured I’d better resharpen them in preparation for Tuesday. Decided to test one out, and discovered there is a paver in the brush behind my target bags.
    IMG_4835.jpeg

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Update on My turnip radish and clover seeds…… as if the drought and heat weren’t enough finally get rain. Come to find out turkeys have been decimating the seeds lol

Willie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Warrick County
    Email from Joe Caudell - Indiana Deer Biologist....

Hey everyone,

Below is a press release for EHD. Be sure to check out additional details at on.in.gov/EHD.

We were able to get Porter and Allen counties lowered along with Wabash. Once we had run one county through the system to lower the quotas, they were ok with adding the other two. That is very good news for the future. There are several additional counties in northern Indiana that have started to increase recently. Those occurred after we had completed the process, so we will have to address next year.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

joe

Joe N. Caudell, Ph.D.
    State Deer Project Leader
    Indiana Department of Natural Resources
    402 W. Washington St.
    Indianapolis, IN 46204

For immediate release: September 24, 2024

Bonus antlerless deer quotas lowered in three counties

The Indiana Department of Natural Resources (DNR) is reducing the County Bonus Antlerless Quotas (CBAQ) in Wabash, Porter, and Allen counties from two bonus antlerless deer to one bonus antlerless deer for the coming deer hunting season. This change is a result of the impact of epizootic hemorrhagic disease (EHD) on the deer herd in northern Indiana this year.

Changes to the CBAQ will not affect the Deer Reduction Zones.

Humans are not at risk for contracting EHD.

EHD is a viral disease that commonly affects white-tailed deer and is transmitted by biting midges, also known as sand gnats or “no-see-ums.” Cases typically occur during late summer and early fall, and there is evidence that outbreaks can be more severe in years in which there is a wet spring followed by a hot, dry fall. EHD is often fatal to deer, but some can recover and develop immunity.

Deer infected with EHD may display unusual behaviors such as lethargy, excessive salivation, or disorientation. EHD also causes fever in deer, which can cause them to seek water. As a result, many deer that die from EHD are found in or near open water sources like ponds and rivers.

Anyone who finds a deer that is showing signs of EHD or dead in water is asked to report it at on.IN.gov/sickwildlife.

DNR monitors for EHD annually; however, severe outbreaks don’t occur every year. The severity of EHD in a single year depends on a variety of factors including climate, immunity, and other ecological factors.

The effects of the deer harvest and EHD will be evaluated after the deer hunting season, and additional changes will be made for the 2025 hunting season, if necessary. EHD detections can be continually monitored at on.IN.gov/EHD.

Not every deer in an affected area will contract EHD. One sign a deer has recovered from EHD is sloughing or breaking on their hooves. DNR asks that successful hunters use the Deer After Hunt Survey to report the condition of their deer’s hooves, including both normal hooves and hooves that show evidence of sloughing or damage.

To view all DNR news releases, please see dnr.IN.gov.

ws6duramax

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Metamora
    Email from Joe Caudell - Indiana Deer Biologist....

Hey everyone,

Below is a press release for EHD. Be sure to check out additional details at on.in.gov/EHD.

We were able to get Porter and Allen counties lowered along with Wabash. Once we had run one county through the system to lower the quotas, they were ok with adding the other two. That is very good news for the future. There are several additional counties in northern Indiana that have started to increase recently. Those occurred after we had completed the process, so we will have to address next year.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

joe

Joe N. Caudell, Ph.D.
    State Deer Project Leader
    Indiana Department of Natural Resources
    402 W. Washington St.
    Indianapolis, IN 46204

For immediate release: September 24, 2024

Bonus antlerless deer quotas lowered in three counties

The Indiana Department of Natural Resources (DNR) is reducing the County Bonus Antlerless Quotas (CBAQ) in Wabash, Porter, and Allen counties from two bonus antlerless deer to one bonus antlerless deer for the coming deer hunting season. This change is a result of the impact of epizootic hemorrhagic disease (EHD) on the deer herd in northern Indiana this year.

Changes to the CBAQ will not affect the Deer Reduction Zones.

Humans are not at risk for contracting EHD.

EHD is a viral disease that commonly affects white-tailed deer and is transmitted by biting midges, also known as sand gnats or “no-see-ums.” Cases typically occur during late summer and early fall, and there is evidence that outbreaks can be more severe in years in which there is a wet spring followed by a hot, dry fall. EHD is often fatal to deer, but some can recover and develop immunity.

Deer infected with EHD may display unusual behaviors such as lethargy, excessive salivation, or disorientation. EHD also causes fever in deer, which can cause them to seek water. As a result, many deer that die from EHD are found in or near open water sources like ponds and rivers.

Anyone who finds a deer that is showing signs of EHD or dead in water is asked to report it at on.IN.gov/sickwildlife.

DNR monitors for EHD annually; however, severe outbreaks don’t occur every year. The severity of EHD in a single year depends on a variety of factors including climate, immunity, and other ecological factors.

The effects of the deer harvest and EHD will be evaluated after the deer hunting season, and additional changes will be made for the 2025 hunting season, if necessary. EHD detections can be continually monitored at on.IN.gov/EHD.

Not every deer in an affected area will contract EHD. One sign a deer has recovered from EHD is sloughing or breaking on their hooves. DNR asks that successful hunters use the Deer After Hunt Survey to report the condition of their deer’s hooves, including both normal hooves and hooves that show evidence of sloughing or damage.

To view all DNR news releases, please see dnr.IN.gov.
    I sure feel bad for the hunters in the affected areas. Our county went through this recently and sure takes its toll. It's been some rough hunting!

Top Bottom