• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfield,In
    Heard the EHD report on the news radio station today. Something like 12 indiana counties, but didn't say where or what counties. They also didn't say if someone took a deer with said infection..if it could be passed on to humans.

ALL YOU DEER HUNTERS HAD BETTER PAY ATTENTION AND DO YOUR RESEARCH ON THIS!!!
    Read here..

Most EHD is found in Drought areas…
    IMG_0724.jpeg

Hardscrable

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    S.E. of Southwest
    Had a young buck ( yearling ? ) with a couple short protrusions on his head walk past my wife and I this afternoon while we were clearing a flower bed in yard. Probably 30 feet between us and he wasn’t concerned at all. Just moseying along from 1 wooded to spot to another.

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    Friday was burn day! The wind was right and smoke conditions were excellent. I experimented a bit with nozzle types, application rates, and herbicide concentrations in my 1.5acre backyard field. I burned a bit later in the season than I wanted though. Friday was supposed to have scattered showers so my plan was to burn and then broadcast a seed blend before/during rain to help germination. But the rain never came and my seeds have probably cooked over the weekend. Oh well. Whatever young growth comes up will be better than thicker-than-dogfur mature pasture grasses for a hunting season food plot.

Attachments

• IMG_2520.jpeg
      IMG_2520.jpeg
      1.1 MB · Views: 11
    • image000005.jpeg
      image000005.jpeg
      114.1 KB · Views: 11
    • image000002.jpeg
      image000002.jpeg
      115.8 KB · Views: 11
    • image000001.jpeg
      image000001.jpeg
      103.6 KB · Views: 11

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    The decoy is out, sure is a nice view from up here!

View attachment 378654
    man, I want an elevated blind. my old tree stand is a bit rough so I’m retiring it this year. probably sticking with a groundblind this season, and I’ll try to snag something elevated at end of seasons sales.

Last edited:

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    man, I want an elevated blind. my old tree stand is a bit rough so I’m retiring it this year. probably sticking with a groundblind. I’ll try to snag something at end of seasons sales.
    It's this, 8x8 and plenty of room inside. I popped two chairs in there and have room for a heater and am able to move around.

I may get one of these for another spot on the property, will wait and see how this season goes.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    man, I want an elevated blind. my old tree stand is a bit rough so I’m retiring it this year. probably sticking with a groundblind. I’ll try to snag something at end of seasons sales.
    My hunting partner picked up four of these and we've put a couple of them out. Far and away the best pop up we've used. Still has the PIA triangle windows but the see through material and normal shaped door are awesome features. The windows use a silent slider type mechanism so there's no velcro on them at all. Well thought out and worth the price in my humble opinion.

https://www.cabelas.com/shop/en/ame...Smart|Hunting|General|NAud|NVol|NMT&gclsrc=ds

L C H

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2022
    Bedford
    Will it actually rain this weekend? We haven’t had a drop since mid-August. I still have a couple spots I need to broadcast some seed in.

Bleachey

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 8, 2019
    Petersburg
    Getting really excited. Was drawn for the Primitive Smokepole hunt at Big Oaks, will be a partner for the Nov9th Gun hunt, and I was drawn for the Nov 23 gun hunt. If I have a buck down I will go to the 23rd hunt, if not will hunt at home.

cg21

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    Too late for radishes ? I’m gonna broadcast by hand and see what happens

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    Will it actually rain this weekend? We haven’t had a drop since mid-August. I still have a couple spots I need to broadcast some seed in.
    Other end of the county has had some rains, had a 3.5 incher right after planting, 0.4 and 0.1 Friday afternoon, my oats are looking good . This weekend looks promising.

L C H

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 8, 2022
    Bedford
    Other end of the county has had some rains, had a 3.5 incher right after planting, 0.4 and 0.1 Friday afternoon, my oats are looking good . This weekend looks promising.
    Yeah, my parents have had a couple good rains now that missed me completely. You can see a big difference crossing the county west to east.

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    I may get one of these for another spot on the property, will wait and see how this season goes.

If the Buck Hut is as well built as the Millennium universal blind platform I bought last year, I think you will be happy with it. The thing is well built and not anywhere near as difficult to assemble as online reviews claim.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    If the Buck Hut is as well built as the Millennium universal blind platform I bought last year, I think you will be happy with it. The thing is well built and not anywhere near as difficult to assemble as online reviews claim.
    My Rinoz is very solid, just a really small company. I bought a replacement cover when I purchased it just in case it's NLA when mine wears out.

For our second spot, I really don't need a big 8x8, so the Buck Hunt would work well.

Glad to hear they build good stuff!

Michigan Slim

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    Fort Wayne
    It's this, 8x8 and plenty of room inside. I popped two chairs in there and have room for a heater and am able to move around.

I've decided on 5x5 as the perfect size for us. Big enough for two people to be very comfortable and small enough to heat. Even just the short added height made a huge difference in sight lines.IMG_20220827_144403327.jpg

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Z06
    Top Bottom