• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    Everyone did a great job. Thanks to each and everyone that sacrificed their time to make this happen.

I fought adversity from my first stage and it seemed to continue. Sometimes you just gotta fight and keep fighting. I finished and was happy I did.

A special KUDOS if you will. DON on stage 10 ( The one with the 30 yard paper.) The man saved my gun and maybe serious injury by doing his job WELL and being ALERT. I had a squib load and I did not catch it. He did! I thank him for that. Guy's like him give their time and efforts with out rewards and people like him are what make INDIANA USPSA so great. Thank you again Don.

Probably the best mix and most fun stages I have ever shot. Great Job All.

Last edited:

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    [video=youtube_share;VgMmqf6lBtU]https://youtu.be/VgMmqf6lBtU[/video]

Thanks to all you guys that braved the weather and worked this match. These stages were excellent and all had different challenges. Hell of a match.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    I wasn't sure if my vehicle could make the swing off the road without hitting some of the entrance funnel so I'm just happy it wasn't me on video.

The stages were fun (even in the rain on Fri) and it was great seeing everyone. I'm calling it a good weekend.

mattdennis3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 10, 2011
    Lebanon
    Thanks to everyone who came out and shot our match. HUGE shout out to the staff for braving the weather and doing a phenomenal job getting everyone through safely and efficiently. To echo what Steve said in the shooter's meetings, Indiana is second to none when it comes to great ROs and quality matches. Definitely want to say thanks to Steve, Jan, Coach and Chaney for making this match happen.

And special thanks to Mr. Fixit. I've learned my lesson. No more plate racks.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    Sometimes it is better not to know (like I don't want to know what you are doing with Steve's cock picture).
    Probably not.
    There are some things that ARE good to know like the proper range commands especially while ROing your RO instructor.:stickpoke:

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    ????????????????????

Nothing that would be interesting to very many I wouldn't think.

Item one, I am conflicted about my performance. While it felt like I shot a good for me match, to include lots of Alphas, and only one Mike (gun stoppage induced), my placing says otherwise. Another area that went well for me was stage planning, something that had definitely been a weak spot for me for pretty much the whole year that I have been competing so far. A lot of that had to do with some guidance I had in that area. By went well I mean that I actually put a plan together, learned it, and stuck to it for the most part with good results. Unfortunately my times would be better measured with a sundial than a shot timer. It is probably time to get some video of my performances as I didn't think I was going that slow, however the clock doesn't lie.

That brings me to my second point, I am not sure the benefit outweighs the cost of going to a major match for someone like me. If you aren't going to be competitive I am not sure I see the point. Other than getting beat by a bunch more really good shooters, there wasn't much I saw at this type of match that I don't see at a $20 club match. Don't get me wrong, everyone was great, and I appreciated the good job done by the staff and getting to put INGO names with faces, but for my part, it seemed like a lot of expenditure without a lot of benefit. (Good times aside.) To be fair though, of many of the dozens of tactical classes I have taken, the benefit after a certain point was probably no more.

That's all, like I said, nothing earthshattering.

Last edited:

Fuzz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    LaFONTAINE
    Nothing that would be interesting to very many I wouldn't think.

Item one, I am conflicted about my performance. While it felt like I shot a good for me match, to include lots of Alphas, and only one Mike (gun stoppage induced), my placing says otherwise. Another area that went well for me was stage planning, something that had definitely been a weak spot for me for pretty much the whole year that I have been competing so far. A lot of that had to do with some guidance I had in that area. By went well I mean that I actually put a plan together, learned it, and stuck to it for the most part with good results. Unfortunately my times would be better measured with a sundial than a shot timer. It is probably time to get some video of my performances as I didn't think I was going that slow, however the clock doesn't lie.

That brings me to my second point, I am not sure the benefit outweighs the cost of going to a major match for someone like me. If you aren't going to be competitive I am not sure I see the point. Other than getting beat by a bunch more really good shooters, there wasn't much I saw at this type of match that I don't see at a $20 club match. Don't get me wrong, everyone was great, and I appreciated the good job done by the staff and getting to put INGO names with faces, but for my part, it seemed like a lot of expenditure without a lot of benefit. (Good times aside.) To be fair though, of many of the dozens of tactical classes I have taken, the benefit after a certain point was probably no more.

That's all, like I said, nothing earthshattering.

Just to point out you kinda hit on it in first Paragraph. You said you felt further down the list than normal.

This because this size match offers the opportunity to see more high quality shooters than a normal local match. Locals have 2-3 maybe 5 where these have 30 -40 good shooters.

The more you watch the more you learn. I enjoyed shooting with guy's I didn't know. Joe O and Mo were a blast to watch on my squad.

The higher quality shooter you shoot with the higher you will set your standards.

Top Bottom