• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Can one of you old timers explain to me why it is called a sectional? Is that the same as a state championship?

Sections are usually all the clubs in a state, but not always. For instance, the Silver Creek club used to be part of the Kentucky Section, even though the facility is located in Indiana near Sellersburg. Today they are in the Indiana section.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    I love this wording for stage 6 start position, "Shooter is free to look where they want." That makes me laugh for some dumb reason.

Also, lowest round count is 20 :ar15: Good work boys!

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    I love this wording for stage 6 start position, "Shooter is free to look where they want." That makes me laugh for some dumb reason.

Also, lowest round count is 20 :ar15: Good work boys!

I'll just bet Matt or Coach can squeeze 6 more targets in there, making it a legal stage is another issue, I'll see what I can do about it :):

rvb

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    IN (a refugee from MD)
    Can one of you old timers explain to me why it is called a sectional? Is that the same as a state championship?

Some states have multiple sections. Some sections have multiple states. Some sections are equal to the state (e.g. IN). So in IN, yes, the section is the same as a state championship. Not so in TX w/ has many sections, also not so in the VA/MD section which has, well, two states.

-rvb

jakemartens

Master
    Rating - 96.1%
    99   4   0
    Aug 30, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Some states have multiple sections. Some sections have multiple states. Some sections are equal to the state (e.g. IN). So in IN, yes, the section is the same as a state championship. Not so in TX w/ has many sections, also not so in the VA/MD section which has, well, two states.

-rvb

yeah all that and this will be a great match
    Level 2 whether they are state, section, or jsut large matches like the SNS 400 are fun to go to, you are competing against a much larger pool of people.
    A club matches gets 50-70 people, level 2 can see that many in 1 division.

riverman67

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Morgan County
    yeah all that and this will be a great match
    Level 2 whether they are state, section, or jsut large matches like the SNS 400 are fun to go to, you are competing against a much larger pool of people.
    A club matches gets 50-70 people, level 2 can see that many in 1 division.

has your nationals hangover abated?

Top Bottom