• ...and so much more!
  • printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    I thought Trumps performance was abismal last night, but does the nation really need a good debater / career politician, or does it need a totally different perspective and approach?

I think perception is the key here, we were all so amped up to see him fry the witch that we were let down when he softballed her....
    AND he got pulled down in the weeds with defense on bull**** that NOBODY cares about.

E C O N O M Y and S E C U R I T Y. I'm sure the plan for the next debate is to skip that ****... no more 5 minute rambling answers... dismiss her outright and move on to your own points.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    The real winner of last night's debate? The Voyager probe, flying away from Earth at an estimated 62000 km per hour.

I have bad news....
    maxresdefault.jpg

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    I thought Trumps performance was abismal last night, but does the nation really need a good debater / career politician, or does it need a totally different perspective and approach?

Completely fair point. I said a while back, that Trump was going to get mopped up in the debates. Plenty of other people thought otherwise. Trump simply doesn't have the pedigree to excel in that type of forum. That may be a strong point to him for a lot of voters, but he's going to have to....at some point... prove he knows what he's talking about, in terms of policy, in order to sway "undecided" voters to choose him.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Let's not shame people for voting with their conscience and morals. It doesn't jive well with being pro-freedom and pro-constitution.

Correct, either of those two will likely be the winner. But I, also, want no part in that. I feel just fine abstaining from these awful people in Indiana.
    I'm not shaming anyone. Just stating facts.
    there is no "likely" to it. Either Trump or Clinton WILL be the next President unless they both die before January. Abstain if you want, but you are not helping the country if you don't vote! And if you don't vote for Clinton or Trump, the ONLY thing you are doing is showing your distaste for the two, AND you might be helping one of them by NOT voting for the other.
    in my opinion, I'd rather give a non politician a chance at the office before I'd want someone who has no regard for our military, our police, or any of us frankly. We've had someone like that for the last seven and a half years now, and look where we are!
    I actually think Mike Pence would make a great President.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Term limits, eliminate the income tax, shut the doors on the fed, limit the amount of federal agencies to a standard number (not to be exceeded), and fund some of them in a round robin budget, as needed. Only permanent agencies Dept of Defense, interior, treasury, justice, state, and transportation (others call fall under those umbrellas).

I could go along with that. I need to think through the whole thing, especially the spin-up aspect of non-permanent government agencies, but that would be better than what we have. I'm not convinced on Term limits, but short of a better solution for representatives as permanent fixtures, it would probably net a win. Judging from other responses I'm surprised to see the diversity of ideologies agreeing on this. But you can take their power when you can pry it from their...

ALL of them. When a party thinks it always has your vote locked up, there's no incentive for them to work to your interests.

I think you meant to say "None of them."

I think there's a disconnect between this question and response.

I think he meant to say "None of them."

Kut won the internet today......

yeah. pretty much.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Like I said.....I don't care between those two. They're both equally terrible in their own special kind of way. And a vote cast for Johnson is not wasted. If the Libertarian party gains enough votes and support to become a major player, they may get on the big stage next election cycle. So stop it with that "it's a wasted vote" BS. Have fun choosing between two liberals.
    We have a choice like many elections, to choose the less of two evils. If you vote for someone who has NO chance at all, it's the same as giving at least a half vote to one of the two (Clinton, I think) that can win.
    I totally understand not wanting to support either of the main candidates. But the fact is they are the ONLY ones that can win?
    It's not B.S.!

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    ...Abstain if you want, but you are not helping the country if you don't vote! ...

Let me get this straight. Voting is the only way to help the country?

I can't help the country in any other way but voting?

And voting helps the country how?

We have a choice like many elections, to choose the less of two evils.

Wrong. That is not something you may choose. You may cast a ballot for one. You may not count the ballots, either. You will be notified soon thereafter which will rule us.

...It's not B.S.!

It is.

Last edited:

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    How would a mediocre showing in this election change the stage next cycle for a third party? Debate attendance is based on poll results.

sorry, but voting third party is throwing your vote away.

ross Perot gave a strong showing and gave us Clinton, it did not build a third party. Please don't give us another Clinton with third party voting
    This^^^^!
    we may be overstating the "throwing away" part though. Votes for third parties do send a message even though that message is rarely heard.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    She's a Cylon....not the hot kind.

OT: That opening scene was pretty hot as I recall. Might have to see if it's still on Netflix.

We HAVE has some great candidates, not really great nominees. But this year is special because ALL parties had their pick of some really great candidates that represent their constituents pretty well... and the voters chose the WORST POSSIBLE candidate from the field in every instance!

That was the most compelling vote for Trump argument I've seen. Interesting take.

I considered the "to blow **** up" reasoning. Then I realized I don't really want to blow EVERYTHING up.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I'm betting Bobzilla or Expat will be the first to kick the TV, throw it out the window, and break it. I suggest, opening a fund to buy a TV specifically for that reason.

You can pick up old CRT tvs at yard sales for 5 bucks all day long. I think we'd need at least 20 or 30... and we should watch somewhere that we can use real guns instead of nerf guns. :):

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Falls into the "we can't let the other party win" category. Refer to meme again ;) Lots of people aren't happy with either candidate. Well.....there's another option. And if you don't vote against both and let them know you don't like the turds they're putting up for office, they're just going to keep doing it. And if everyone that said they didn't like HRC or Trump voted for Johnson, he'd win. There's lots wrong with him too, but he's a hell of a lot better than HRC or Trump.
    Except that Johnson has nothing going for him that would make him a good President. We can't vote someone in just because we don't like ANY of the candidates.
    The real problem is the pitifully low voter turnout. Particularly in the primaries and the off year elections.
    I've said for years, if EVERYONE that was eligible to vote would vote, we wouldn't have anywhere near the problems we have in this country. In that case we could not only have a third party, but a fourth and fifth party that could actually have a chance at winning elections. The voter participation in our country is disgusting!

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    Except that Johnson has nothing going for him that would make him a good President. We can't vote someone in just because we don't like ANY of the candidates.
    The real problem is the pitifully low voter turnout. Particularly in the primaries and the off year elections.
    I've said for years, if EVERYONE that was eligible to vote would vote, we wouldn't have anywhere near the problems we have in this country. In that case we could not only have a third party, but a fourth and fifth party that could actually have a chance at winning elections. The voter participation in our country is disgusting!

Yeah, not like he ever ran a state or anything. That's the sort of experience Trump and Clinton bring to the... oh no, wait...

Lack of voter turnout is not the problem.

Top Bottom